Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - "Anybody else finding PSC pages SLOOOW? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:37 am   Reply with quote         

JORDAN792 wrote:
I love this website, where else can you "hang a picture" and have people from all over the WORLD look at it and critique it. No other sites even compare. So, I will continue to renew advantage and if there is any other way I can contribute I will.

Yes, this place could use improvements but it is still a great place for artists. And yes better prizes I think would make this place more attractive to new comers but, being a "newbie" I saw the prizes and still joined.

I hope this site isn't "dying". Sad that would be a shame.
i agree most of it you say, but this place will not die, it only can change and the ones who can change it is at the top,
now the question is??? who wants and what has to be changed ???? as far i can read between the lines here, one point is very importand and comes up and up again and thats PRICES i mean real prices, not beeing a dayly winner, but real stuff, i am sure that the boss can find an bigger advertiser maybe canon or nikon to give a price for sample A) a week winner B ) month winner C ) a shop winner of one day a month and every two months an h2H tournement, drop the possibility that members can put Two entries a day so every body has the same change, oke thats what i can think of positive idea now. also want to say when there are good prices to win, psc will atracked better choppers when this would be done so the quality will rise. btw prices can only win by advantage members that will be fair for this site too, and to the ones who pay to be here

nifft

Post Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:31 am   Reply with quote         

candron wrote:
JORDAN792 wrote:
I love this website, where else can you "hang a picture" and have people from all over the WORLD look at it and critique it. No other sites even compare. So, I will continue to renew advantage and if there is any other way I can contribute I will.

Yes, this place could use improvements but it is still a great place for artists. And yes better prizes I think would make this place more attractive to new comers but, being a "newbie" I saw the prizes and still joined.

I hope this site isn't "dying". Sad that would be a shame.
i agree most of it you say, but this place will not die, it only can change and the ones who can change it is at the top,
now the question is??? who wants and what has to be changed ???? as far i can read between the lines here, one point is very importand and comes up and up again and thats PRICES i mean real prices, not beeing a dayly winner, but real stuff, i am sure that the boss can find an bigger advertiser maybe canon or nikon to give a price for sample A) a week winner B ) month winner C ) a shop winner of one day a month and every two months an h2H tournement, drop the possibility that members can put Two entries a day so every body has the same change, oke thats what i can think of positive idea now.

I think H2H is a great panacea for people here. H2H uber alles!!

Post Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:04 am   Reply with quote         

Ads are still sneaking through...and if they don't the HUGE white space is there...

Wiz

Post Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:49 am   Reply with quote         

Hey Proc, those damn 'Smiley's' and the 'White Holes are back...

Is this how it's going to be from now on/off/on/off/on/off/on/off/on, every time the peasants get surly and hit the padded webwall?

Fix it Buddy eh!

Rolling Eyes Wiz

Mir

Post Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:00 am   Reply with quote         

page loading is super fast now. Thanks.

Post Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:09 am   Reply with quote         

Mir wrote:
page loading is super fast now. Thanks.

so do the square ads

splodge

Post Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:19 am   Reply with quote         

proc's ad program has been hi-jacked/swapped with out consent, he's working on it now

Hallcross Toots
Wiz

Post Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:22 am   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
proc's ad program has been hi-jacked/swapped with out consent, he's working on it now

You wouldn't be telling a 'Pinocchio' there would you Splodge... you know what happens to 'Noses' they get 'Modified' Wink
Wiz

abraham

Post Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:12 pm   Reply with quote         

I have a suggestion about the prizes. How about having a chop of the week? Winners of the daily contest will compete for this, of course by voting from the members, though no longer an anonymous. Then the weekly winners will vie for the chop of the month, the winner will get the prize.

Advantages
1. We are assure that at least 1 prize will be given monthly. If not too much, prizes can be given to the weekly winners too.

2. Members will be encourage to chop better. Why? They would know that their entries will not end competing on the dailies only. Each entry have a chance to win a prize aside from the prestige of being the chop of the month. We can even have a chop of the year! Hehehehe.

3. More (members and non) would stay longer because we're no longer talking about daily comp here but a month or year round activity.

Disadvantage
1. This is easier said than done and would need new programming but would benefit the site.

2. This might only add up to the already existing problems. Laughing

This is just a suggestion, maybe not good at all. And Pardom me for my English, it's not my language.

Procyon
Site Admin

Post Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:42 pm   Reply with quote         

ok, how's the server load since about 15-20 mins?

Post Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:48 pm   Reply with quote         

abraham wrote:
I have a suggestion about the prizes. How about having a chop of the week? Winners of the daily contest will compete for this, of course by voting from the members, though no longer an anonymous. Then the weekly winners will vie for the chop of the month, the winner will get the prize....
I did try pushing for an 'Image of the Month' concept, with voting set up in forum threads and awarding the winner with a mosaic made up of all the contest entries during the month. It lasted about 3 issues, people were not really interested.

Post Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Procyon wrote:
ok, how's the server load since about 15-20 mins?

All in all...loads better...but the square ads are slowing it just a tad....

Procyon
Site Admin

Post Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Yes I know...it's basically out of my control.
Here's why.
When you set up an ad network they only fill a certain percentage of the impressions they can fill (called the fill rate). After that you can decide to show either charity ads, nothing or ads from another network (called defaults). I added another network to fill the defaults, but it was done in a rather stupid way. Instead of matching up the right sizes, they put the square one where the rectangle banner should be. I sent them an email yesterday, but haven't heard back.
Voila that's the story.

Proc

Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:35 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm back to SLOOOOW, especially on the front page

annajon

Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:38 pm   Reply with quote         

yep, slow again

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - "Anybody else finding PSC pages SLOOOW? - Reply to topic