Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Kinetic Design Studio - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:28 am   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man wrote:
Struck a nerve Grefix?

"Sorry, not much to see here for the moment. Basically doing a full makeover of this place, to have some more nifty things and other stuff floating around." http://davidtony.com

nope, that page actually has proven to be quite usefull, and has rendered me quite some work Smile

Post Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man wrote:
"Heh... err.. what?
There's about 15 Kinetic Design Studio's out there.. Which one did you pick thinking it were mine?"

I followed the trail you left.
1.) You're youtube link which you provided.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kIUBW1YuLY

Has this written in the side.

2.) Some of my Photoshop works.
www.kineticdesignstudio.be

You're site delivers 2 Photoshop works...

"Deze website is momenteel in opbouw. Voor meer informatie kan u terecht op"

Which my Marx senses tells me given your level of experience... Roughly translates to this.

"This website is currently under construction. For more information, go to"

I don't speak dutch but even I know a headed excuse.

and a link to...
3.) "info@kineticdesignstudio.be" you...

Snappy I know but why host a site if its going to be "under construction"? For the sake of having one is not a reason...

Also its been a year since I chopped anything...

That my site is under construction, shouldn't be a problem, right?
I mean, it's not supposed to be published yet.
Sure, it may be in my youtube, but that movie is nothing more then a movie I wanted to share HERE at PSC.
And if you find watching my movie a waste of time then... sigh.. Then I'm sorry to have wasted your time.
I'm far from the best and in compare to what many others can do with PS, I'm a total noob, but does that mean I can't make a movie about what I've made in the past 8-9 months?
I mean.. I've basicly just discovered PS and I've devoted all my time to it because I love it.
So I disagree with you. I found it really worth it to make a movie about it because I got a nice feeling from it and positive reactions and that made it all worth it.

That my website sucks. I can't agree or disagree since there's nothing on it yet.
But I don't mind at all sharing it. There's a few people here who frequently ask me how things are going with my site and the things I have in mind so they are free to follow it, even if it's not finished.

I don't mind that you give me critisism or anything, if I want to be succesfull one day in this business, I will have to deal with dozens of critisism and it'll be just good for my backspine.
What bothers me is that someone I never seen here before, picks on me to bring everything to the ground as if I were pretending it to be 'real good'.
I'd be the last to say someone that you can't give your opinion, but there are other ways to do this.. I'm not on trial here, but I'm here for my amusement.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:38 pm   Reply with quote         

I always viewed "Under Construction" sites as place holders. You secure your domain and are itching to get things started.

Marx-Man, although not the most tactful person, has given you some very good suggestions.

And now I'm curious to see what sites Marx-Man has created. I'm certain he's followed his own good advice.

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Heinlein

Post Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Looks good!

Your work is very impressive.

Good luck on your site Very Happy

Mir

Post Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:32 pm   Reply with quote         

I think you've done a great job while you've been here and you have talent. I wish you all the best of luck for your future. You are still very young and have plenty of time to fulfill all your dreams. Good Luck.
Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:34 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:

Invisible ink?

Post Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:53 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
marcoballistic wrote:

Invisible ink?

It's a cop thing! Wink

kinetic_be

Post Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:14 am   Reply with quote         

ThePec wrote:
Eve wrote:
marcoballistic wrote:

Invisible ink?

It's a cop thing! Wink

Hehe

Well I'm glad you deleted your post there Mark.
Although you were right and I appreciate that you stood up for me there, that wasn't Mark talking but some evil angry psycho Twisted Evil Laughing

Post Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:59 am   Reply with quote         

first off all , kinetic started this post to say thx for all your help making him better in his works, he was showing his works also in a way of saying thx people at psc for making me better, he still sucks but that doesn't matter now Laughing
second; marx man, kin never spoke about his website, he is still working on it, so marxieboy your first words were your website sucks, well if there isn't one it can't suck, on the other hand you gave some good tips.thank you for that.
so were is my toiletpaper, i need it please, i am in deep shit Very Happy

Marx-Man

Post Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
I always viewed "Under Construction" sites as place holders. You secure your domain and are itching to get things started.

Marx-Man, although not the most tactful person, has given you some very good suggestions.

And now I'm curious to see what sites Marx-Man has created. I'm certain he's followed his own good advice.

Crying or Very sad
I started learning SQL

Having spent so much time learning the ins and outs of CSS and Flash and such... for HMTL sites I have now Start Asp.net

My site design has evolved so much Photoshop is now only used for logos, icons and the odd button mainly for conceptualization. Tables for layout are gone.

Started work on a Data base driven web-page divided into three sections.

Top is a standard setup (Logo Underlined with the URL with tag line and main site navigation)
Middle is the flash site version with a photo-gallery and such (Hopefully database driven the scripting is looking ugly as hell)
And the bottom is going to be an HTML version of the top (Google search fodder and for slower connections.)

No frames (Google only scans the main frame and ignores the rest.)

Been working on logo designs, thats a nightmare. Something which is scalable down to 16px by 16px from 512px by 512px.

Tag lines
(User centered and database driven design? Marx-Creations)
Something like that

Thinking color schemes and Font choices for theme changes.

Got myself into a real head scratcher. My last site had 20 errors in user testing, with things I never knew could bawk a person, Turns out people click anything underlined... Huh.. and some people loved the music and others couldn't find how to turn it off, the help section was a big HELP and people couldn't see it! Dyslexics can't read all caps... And the blind, I have to make it usable by the blind. (Hence the bottom HTML part.) That means putting in depth descriptions on all the images, Database will do that easily though >_>)

So yeah I have to finish working the kinks out in the database structure before I even consider the shell.

Normalization... ---Sob--- :'(

kinetic_be

Post Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man

Post Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Huh..

Point stands...

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:14 pm   Reply with quote         

What happened to Marx's reply???? Question

bigbuck

Post Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:58 am   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man wrote:
Huh..

Point stands...

Gee you're a mover and shaker! Now you're a web design expert?
I can still remember when you arrived at PSC as a photoshop expert! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Kinetic Design Studio - Reply to topic