Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - ReinMan's [post]XmasEve FogBLOG - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Do you have good weather where you are right now?

Very Nice

31%

31%

[ 14 ]

It's okay - average

25%

25%

[ 11 ]

Jumpin Jahosaphat! It is CRAPPY out !

29%

29%

[ 13 ]

Sorry - can't reply as I'm currently fighting for my life.

13%

13%

[ 6 ]

Total Votes: 44

ReinMan

Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Though you can't make it out from the above picture I'm SOAKING wet, and my feet sound like two sponges filled with jello when I walk! Fun? You bet. Huh..

Just to prove we Canucks can sometimes be INSANE - tonight I went running for a 1/2 hour in the freezing rain and 4" of slush. Somewhere in all that slop is a very narrow and icy-water-filled path... Razz

It was my first time leading a "beginners group" and we spent 79% of the time walking through slush, and 43% of the time running through it. (In 14 weeks we'll be doing a 5km run - hopefully with LESS SLUSH INVOLVED! Raising Brow)

I would have taken pictures but it was Very Dark And Rainy... and I was just trying to stay in front of all the old women & men! reindeer

gravyboat

Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:52 am   Reply with quote         

Just GREAT Sad Sad Mad

Winter Storm Warning:

Issued at: 5:07 AM EST 1/7/09, expires at: 1:15 PM EST 1/7/09

Winter storm warning remains in effect until 1 pm est thursday,
The NWS in burlington continues the winter storm warning for a mix of snow and wintry precipitation across all of the north country, until 1 pm est Thursday.
By Thursday morning, total snow and sleet accumulation will range from 8 to 12 inches across central and northern Vermont, and much of northern New York. In rutland and windsor counties of vermont, 4 to 8 inches of snow and sleet accumulation is expected. A light ice accumulation across south central sections of Vermont including rutland, windsor and orange counties.
Snow will continue moderate to heavy at times over northern new york and northern Vermont this morning before possibly mixing with sleet at times this afternoon.
The st. Lawrence valley will remain all snow today.
Over south central Vermont, snow will gradually mix with and change to sleet from south to north during the morning and afternoon hours.
Across rutland, windsor and orange counties of Vermont, a period of freezing rain is expected to occur this afternoon into the early evening hours. This will result in some light ice accumulation.
As colder air filters into the region Wednesday night, precipitation should change back to all snow across northern vermont, the champlain valley, and across the northern adirondacks into the st. Lawrence valley. Light snow showers are possible across south central Vermont. Northwesterly winds on thursday will allow for mountain snow showers to continue into early Thursday afternoon across the northern adirondacks and western slopes of the green mountains.
Significant travel impacts are expected with this storm, especially today and tonight.
Stay tuned to noaa weather radio or any media outlet, that provides you with the latest products from the national weather service

The Closer you get to Canada the more things there are that wanna eat your horse.
YerPalAl

Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:30 am   Reply with quote         

Yeah, things are tough all over.

59F
Current:Cloudy
Wind: SW at 9 mph
Humidity: 90%

This humidity is about to KILL me man, *yuck*!
Huh..

pearlie

Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:39 am   Reply with quote         

UPDATE in swFL:

The weather forecasters have predicted some rain later today, with
temperatures dropping to the low 70s or so.

At the moment, however, as I sit here in shorts and a bathingsuit top
(well, let's just call it that... Shocked )
I can hear the trees swaying in the breeze. And it's not your typical Sunshine State breeze, either -
no sir, I can tell it's different - it's one of those "PRE-RAIN breezes".

Well, I'm ready for it, bring it on.......... my all-weather flip-flops are in place and I'm prepared to shut the side door to my studio if it gets too severe. Stay tuned for further announcements. Laughing

Post Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:13 am   Reply with quote         

OKAY - I went to my friend's place today. It is about 2 miles or so from my humble abode. (You may recognize Murray... he's the guy that got his Toyota Echo Snow-jacked a few pages back in this thread! Smile )

His neighborhood is STILL crazy with snow. Hard, frozen, concrete-like snow that has the laneways clogged and down to only one car width of clearance. CRAZY!? You bet.

See for yourself!

You may note the car in the driveway still rather BURIED in frozen heavy snow!

Seems a lot of people up here had originally thought "ah heck, it'll melt in a day or two. Now, two weeks later they may be regretting that thought! Laughing ( I can laugh - I keep my Civic snow-free down in a garage underneath our building!)

These folks just got their cars free today... though they still have some work digging a path up their road to get onto the main thoroughfare.

One BIG SURPRISE today was the too short visit of THE SUN! We actually had a sunset tonight! Very Purty indeedy! Very Happy

Though SOME people found things to complain about! Wink

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Hmmm

Wait. Canada is still north of the US right? And yet the western Canucks are having difficulties dealing with snow..... and they have palm trees.....

Shocked

And here I always pictured Canada as the great white north.

Seems Wisconsin gets much more snow than Canadialand and we get colder temps too? So far winter 08/09 has given us at least 24" of snow. Next week's projected HIGH temp is 0F (that's -17.7C for the rest of the world). Low should be around -20 (-28.8C).

The other day my wife actually said "it's 16F (-8.8C) outside so it's not that bad today". This is significant because she's originally a native southern California gal. Guess 14 years in the frozen tundra has finally broken her in. Laughing

sage

Post Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Quite right, substitute for animal protein. The west of Canada is, indeed, in Canada, but, like California and New York, we in the east have different weather than those in the west. Look at them, in the west...in every single picture our favourite moose boy has shown us, everyone is wearing some sort of running shoe...no boots. And, I bet the reason they are slip sliding all over the place, is that no one has winter tires on their cars.

We just got about 25 cms of rain pellets and snow dumped on us, with winds reaching about 60 km/h, and most of us are disappointed. It was quite the anti-climatic storm. A dud. People are out on their bikes today.

I'm kind of worried, because the days are getting longer, and that means spring is almost here. I hope we didn't miss winter. Razz

ReinMan

Post Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Ah, Tofu... Sage... all my dear friends...

CHEERS! Happy 2009! I finally got through to a good pub to have a pint with a long lost buddy.

YAY!

The worst may be over.

For Sage, Claf, and Gravyboot? Not so much. Razz Twisted Evil[/img]

pearlie

Post Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:02 pm   Reply with quote         

OMG, you MooseBoyz are such gluttons for
punishment-by-snow! Rolling Eyes

I will think of you all in the frozen north, be it west or east,
and beam you some warm thoughts as I enjoy my new carton of
MooseTracks frozen yogurt! Very Happy
My all-weather flip-flops along with shorts and a little sleeveless top are still the clothes du jour. Cool

Sage, if you happened to miss winter, there's still some around in the far corners of the earth. You'll just have to travel to find it. Laughing

Post Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:20 pm   Reply with quote         

sage wrote:
Quite right, substitute for animal protein. The west of Canada is, indeed, in Canada, but, like California and New York, we in the east have different weather than those in the west. Look at them, in the west...in every single picture our favourite moose boy has shown us, everyone is wearing some sort of running shoe...no boots. And, I bet the reason they are slip sliding all over the place, is that no one has winter tires on their cars.

We just got about 25 cms of rain pellets and snow dumped on us, with winds reaching about 60 km/h, and most of us are disappointed. It was quite the anti-climatic storm. A dud. People are out on their bikes today.

I'm kind of worried, because the days are getting longer, and that means spring is almost here. I hope we didn't miss winter. Razz

There's a couple sayings in Wisconsin

1. Summer is my favorite weekend of the year.

2. Don't like the weather in Wisconsin? Wait 5 minutes.

Tesore

Post Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:54 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge

Post Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:07 pm   Reply with quote         

i lived through two Dutch winters, biterly cold the wind goes right through you,

pressy for snowdude,

Hallcross Toots
Tesore

Post Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Coolio Splodge!

sage

Post Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Nice images, Tesore!

Here's what my morning looked like...you know it's friggen cold here when the sky's clear and it's sunny. This morning was -20°C, but no wind...perfect weather to be outside!

This is the back yard, where I will be building a luge run.

Never too young to shovel.

Tesore

Post Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Beautiful photo' s, it seems a fairy tale.
Don't know what a 'luge run' is, but show me when your'e ready with whatever it is Wink

Big helper you have there, with the sun in his eyes Very Happy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - ReinMan's [post]XmasEve FogBLOG - Reply to topic