Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Claf: my work in 2008. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

gravyboat

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:28 am   Reply with quote         

How DARE you put onions on that poor moose's antler!!! Sacrilage! Laughing You're so awesome I hate you. Razz

The Closer you get to Canada the more things there are that wanna eat your horse.
ReyRey

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:45 am   Reply with quote         

Claf, are you the concept guy? Is it you that comes up with these ideas or are you dealing with the same graphic artist and or photographer, because they all have a similar feel to them. I love the dark humor feel that they all have. I wish I was hooked up with an agency that got cool work like that. Most of the stuff I do is straight out illustration of something. Never a complete story and when it is a full blown image, it is never exciting or intriguing. Usually I'm doing food shots or product illustration. I'm the guy that makes the food look incredible and then when you go to the restaurant, the food looks nothing like the ad. Usually you have to open the bread to see if there is anything in it, yet the images that I work on has food bulging out of the bread.Laughing Laughing
http://josepino.com/real_meal/?subwy_chsstk
I actually did the original sub

Sometimes they come up with daring ideas but they always seem to get shot down. Most of the clients are huge brand names and they steer away from controversy I guess. My freelance stuff is more fun but still not as cool as what you are working on. Do you work for an agency?

YerPalAl

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:55 am   Reply with quote         

Great work pal, love your techniques.

(That's a French word that means techniques)

Smile

Napalm32

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Just Awesome

nat_g31

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Great work Claf! I thoroughly enjoyed the past couple of years too! Hadn't seen those until now. That ice is awesome and a tut is required of you Laughing . Nice work!!!

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
Paul Von Stetina

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Where can I get some of those Moose flavored wonton's? I hear they're Sarah's favorites Wink cool stuff Claf.

Heinlein

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks for sharing Claf.

Great as always!

anabe

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks for sharing those images, wonderful work, Claf! My favorite is the Wonton fish, really exquisite! The ice images are intriguing, and yes, please do a tutorial on this, if you have the time!

mikey

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:05 pm   Reply with quote         

World class work Claf! ~ Congrats. Cool

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Saweeeeeeet!

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Have I told you lately that you're a talented bastard? Smile

MindGraph

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:33 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
Have I told you lately that I love you Hug

Shocked

Post Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:45 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Claf, are you the concept guy? Is it you that comes up with these ideas or are you dealing with the same graphic artist and or photographer, because they all have a similar feel to them. I love the dark humor feel that they all have.

Hi ReyRey! Very Happy
No, I'm not the concept guy. All the images I showed this time on this thread is from the same photographer, Alain Desjean, but with different art directors from different agencies. The creative side of the work is always mostly or totally from those art directors. But sometimes it happens that some details aren't totally fixed and some decisions are taken still at the photo shooting, and also still at the end when I work on it... so sometimes I can partially be part of the creative process.

For the personal project, the photographer found the concept and I brought some visual ideas like making the main character weirder, changing skies & atmosphere. But I would like in a near future to find my own concepts & using his talent for other personal projects.

Close-ups slide show of the main character... click thumbnail...

ReyRey wrote:
I wish I was hooked up with an agency that got cool work like that. Most of the stuff I do is straight out illustration of something. Never a complete story and when it is a full blown image, it is never exciting or intriguing. Usually I'm doing food shots or product illustration.

Hey! Don't believe that every jobs I work on are all very creative and that every final work are amazing. I'm doing also a lot of simple clean-up and easy adjustments for fashion or TV program posters by example. But I always work on very aesthetic pictures. And yes, I feel very lucky to work with some of the best local photographers who work on great projects.

ReyRey wrote:
I'm the guy that makes the food look incredible and then when you go to the restaurant, the food looks nothing like the ad. Usually you have to open the bread to see if there is anything in it, yet the images that I work on has food bulging out of the bread.Laughing Laughing
http://josepino.com/real_meal/?subwy_chsstk
I actually did the original sub

Yeah! When I was doing traditional illustrations, I also worked on projects that they asked me to make the product gorgeous when anybody a little bit conscious knew that this product is everything but not gorgeous. Laughing

ReyRey wrote:
Do you work for an agency?

I mostly work with 3 photographers. Sometimes but enough rarely, I work directly from advertising agencies. And I just started this year to work with an agent who represents 3 photographers.

Thanks RR! Smile

Post Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:12 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks boys & girl for your comments! Very Happy

blue_lurker wrote:
Man claf I just may give up after that ice one, would love to see a tut on how you did this mate, its freakin sweet as it gets.

OK I'll see what I can do!

nat_g31 wrote:
That ice is awesome and a tut is required of you Laughing . Nice work!!!

OK I'll see what I can do!

anabe wrote:
The ice images are intriguing, and yes, please do a tutorial on this, if you have the time!

OK OK I'LL DO IT! Twisted Evil

Laughing

I have to take a look at the PSD file, because I don't really exactly remember how I made it. Yeah, sure I used a lot of stamp tool, brushes, adjustments layers, copy & paste few details... but something is clear, there's not a specific way to do ice. It always depends of the picture you're working on, the references you can find...

I remember when I saw the picture & what they asked me to do... I just asked myself "OK! How the hell I'll do it?"

So I'll be back with a little tut... be patient...

Smile

TofuTheGreat

Post Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:44 am   Reply with quote         

You know with a little more practice you could get good at using Photoshop. Laughing

Claf.... if you need an english editor to review your tut I'm willing. Cool

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Claf: my work in 2008. - Reply to topic