Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - We wish you well - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Paul Von Stetina

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Good Luck President Barack Obama, and may you stay safe through these hard times, as we get closer to ending racism in the USA Smile

annajon

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Now you know where he got his looks... nice mother.

TheShaman

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Amen to that Paul!

"To the Muslim world, we seek a new way forward, based on mutual interest and mutual respect. To those leaders around the globe who seek to sow conflict, or blame their society's ills on the West - know that your people will judge you on what you can build, not what you destroy. To those who cling to power through corruption and deceit and the silencing of dissent, know that you are on the wrong side of history; but that we will extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist."
-President Obama

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:40 pm   Reply with quote         

He speaks so well, I just want him to be a great president.

mikey

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Less talk, more action! Wink

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:04 pm   Reply with quote         

just don't start printing money, Barack! and you'll be safe! Smile

Tesore

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:35 pm   Reply with quote         

I went home early today and I had to cry of those splendid speech!
Let's have a new dream... all of us.
Someday IS today!

Congrats world... today we open a new page in the history of humanity Very Happy
Let it work, let it be good, let's chop with our photoshop-art-friends from over the whole wide world. It's in our hands to make this a better - and more beautiful - world.

TheShaman

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:52 pm   Reply with quote         

"We will not apologize for our way of life, nor will we waver in its defense, and for those who seek to advance their aims by inducing terror and slaughtering innocents, we say to you now that our spirit is stronger and cannot be broken; you cannot outlast us, and we will defeat you..."
-President Obama-Wan Kenobi

The Force is indeed strong in him!

Site Moderator

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Gort

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:31 pm   Reply with quote         

"To the Muslim world, we seek a new way forward, based on mutual interest and mutual respect. To those leaders around the globe who seek to sow conflict, or blame their society's ills on the West - know that your people will judge you on what you can build, not what you destroy. To those who cling to power through corruption and deceit and the silencing of dissent, know that you are on the wrong side of history; but that we will extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist."
-President Obama

Those are great words...as well as the rest of Obama's speech. Today I am very proud to be an American. It feels as if we just grew up a bit today.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:54 pm   Reply with quote         

There is some sad news to report though, last night when the movers were leaving the White House with GW's belongings, the moving trucks struck and killed the GOP mascot Shocked

lancoma

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:55 pm   Reply with quote         

He's a such a good and well trained speaker and I think he just gives people bunch of hope. I hope I'm wrong.

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Hope is not such a bad thing at this point, hope is what we need. Now, the trick is to convert that hope into positive action. For some time we seem to have been picking the lesser of two evils. This is the first time I can remember when there was a significant difference in the campaigns. A collision of the politics of fear and the politics of hope and hope won. Now its time to roll up the sleeves and get to work.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:50 pm   Reply with quote         

yeah, yeah and YAY!
Presidential trivia...no cheatin'

What horse-loving future president cheated on an eye exam to join the cavalry reserves in the 1930s?

Who was the first daughter of a U.S. president to pose nude for a Playboy video?

Who revealed that the U.S. had a hydrogen bomb in his last State of the Union speech?

What former president was on an African hunting trip when his enemy J. P. Morgan quipped: "Let every lion do his duty"?

Which President purchased Alaska?

Who was the first President to live in the White House?

Post Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:10 am   Reply with quote         

Gort wrote:
-President Obama

Those are great words...as well as the rest of Obama's speech. Today I am very proud to be an American. It feels as if we just grew up a bit today.

I'm not an "American" but I feel a lot of my American Friends are feeling very similar to you, Gort.

And, my wife is a Muslim. She doesn't wear wacky "eastern" clothes, she is actually hard to spot in a crowd (except she is very beautiful Wink)... but when I just read her Barak's words she was very moved at the intelligence and heart behind them. I hope people of all creeds and craziness open their brains and hearts for just a moment and get the drift of what Obama is saying. It's powerful shit.

And, like Alan says, HOPE is a good thing right now. After years of having our media (both CAnadian and USA's) focus on what to be afraid of, it is SOOOOOOOOOOO wonderful to have this taste of hope... hope that we might turn our attention to what we can BUILD that SERVES others, instead of BUILDING that which will ISOLATE US from others.

I doubt Barak will live up to even 20% of what he "hopes" to do. But with a country as powerful and full of potential as the USofAche, even 20% is so much better than we've had over the most part of the last 10 years.
reindeer

(Here, Blurker, take your soapbox back now dude. I'm done with it! Wink

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - We wish you well - Reply to topic