Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - How was it done - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Tesore

Post Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Damn... your'e fast!

Good one Very Happy

captainSMITTY11

Post Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:52 pm   Reply with quote         

hahah thanks this is a fun trick

Post Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:37 am   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:

Aaaaaugh my poor, poor eyes... Crying or Very sad Your gif was like a cruel version of this:

Post Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:42 am   Reply with quote         

Hi guys

When I try this method I get a drastic horizontal line in the middle of the picture as opposed to a seamless transition.

what did I do wrong? I followed Dirk's method exactly.

bigbuck

Post Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:56 am   Reply with quote         

nomdeplume wrote:
Hi guys

When I try this method I get a drastic horizontal line in the middle of the picture as opposed to a seamless transition.

You get that line if the left and right sides of your original image are not similar. You can repair it or cheat a bit by joining two mirrored images.
Have a look here
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/bigbuckster/how.jpg

blue_lurker

Post Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:07 am   Reply with quote         

I had the same trouble, used a little lens fare to cover the sky some and the surf board to fix the repeat of the jungle.

You just have to blend and use some imagination, and as buck said mirror works well

Post Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:31 pm   Reply with quote         

[quote="bigbuck"]
nomdeplume wrote:
Hi guys

You get that line if the left and right sides of your original image are not similar. You can repair it or cheat a bit by joining two mirrored images.
Have a look here

Thank you for that tutorial. It worked like a charm.

I read something about a 2:1 aspect ratio. Can you tell me the best way to get the correct aspect ratio for my image?
Thank you

bigbuck

Post Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:19 am   Reply with quote         

nomdeplume wrote:
I read something about a 2:1 aspect ratio. Can you tell me the best way to get the correct aspect ratio for my image?

Are you talking about an aspect ratio for these circle things? Because I guess you could lean towards a square 1:1 by virtue of the fact that you are working with circles. For other artwork stuff, DaVinci's 'Golden Ratio', 1.6:1 is a good start.

Post Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:10 pm   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:
nomdeplume wrote:

Are you talking about an aspect ratio for these circle things? Because I guess you could lean towards a square 1:1 by virtue of the fact that you are working with circles. For other artwork stuff, DaVinci's 'Golden Ratio', 1.6:1 is a good start.

On the Dirkpaessler tutorial in this forum (sorry but I'm not allowed to insert links yet in the forum) he stated
"Select a panorama photo or a cropped landscape photo (aspect ratio at least 2:1, which means the width should be at least two times the height)."

So should I just crop the photo and set the crop so that the width is 2x the height or is there a better way without losing the correct proportion of the photograph?

splodge

Post Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:13 pm   Reply with quote         

try it with out cropping, if it dont work you know why

Hallcross Toots
Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:45 pm   Reply with quote         

didn't know where else to post this and it's not worthy of a new forum thread...but it pays $1,000.

http://www.google.com/landing/knolfordummies/

Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Here's a simple tut on how to avoid that line in the middle.

Here is the image we'll be starting with:

The first thing we are going to do is go to Filter>Other>Offset...

You want to move the vertical slider, but how much isn't really important. Just don't go all the way over to either side. I used +433.

Once you do that, it will look something like this...

Then use a combination of the heal and clone tools, or any other tools you wish to get rid of the line. Once you're done, it will look something like this...

*Note... I spent about 47 seconds on the actually healing/fixing process, and I know it looks like crap. This is just an example...

This will make it so the image will be repeatable horizontally without it being that line.

What this means is you can the go to distort>polar opposites and it will not have the line.

The image I used wasn't the right size to do that, but hopefully this will help you some. If you are trying to make a globe, you should change the canvas size to be square. The stretch the images vertically. Finally flip it horizontally, and the use polar opposites.

If you need a tut with pics for this part, let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

-Trey

Marx-Man

Post Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:23 am   Reply with quote         

So I see you are trying to make a 360x 360y panorama shot...

You need to buy a perfect reflective sphere (3D Light Probe SPHERE)
Mount for the sphere.
Camera (10 mega pixel Plus) with 2x plus zoom
Tripod for the camera.
Tape measure.

- Position the Light Probe 1 meter or more above the ground.
- Then take your camera and tape measure and walk Five paces away from the camera...
- Zoom in on the Light Probe until it fills the frame.
- Measure the distance
- Set your tripod up and take the highest quality shot you can ISO 100.
- 1st shot done take your camera and move 90 degrees clockwise around the light probe so you are the same distance away. use the tape measure to confirm.
- Set tripod up, turn the light probe 90 degrees clockwise making sure the sphere is in the same place but the stand is in a different location.
- Same camera settings take another shot...

Once complete, take both pictures and in the alpha channels mask out the cameraman, and the mount the sphere is on.

Then using a software like HDRshop merge the two images...

once complete you should have a 360 x 360 panorama you can use to create texture maps in 3D software. I use them all the time...

The only problem is getting your hands of a light sphere... which doesn't scratch or blemish... Because they show up like a bugger!

Examples of Light Probe shots
http://www.debevec.org/probes/

And a google Image search
http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=light%20probe&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

splodge

Post Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:39 am   Reply with quote         

you could not be more wrong, but what's new?

Hallcross Toots
dumbat

Post Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:31 am   Reply with quote         

better late than never i always say....

here's planet sunrise

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - How was it done - Reply to topic