Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Australia's worst ever natural disaster - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Dechene

Post Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:24 am   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:

I know it's not a time for jokes but this makes you smile. This fireman's surname is 'Tree', fitting hey?

The article I read said 'the injured koala was startled by Tree creeping up behind him' - if I was a koala I'd be startled if a Tree crept up behind me too!

abraham

Post Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:08 am   Reply with quote         

rose-wood71 is from Victoria. I just heard from her that she and her family are out of danger. Some of her relatives are 20 kms away from the fire. Let's just hope that the worst wilfire that strike Australia will be over soonest.

Tarmac

Post Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:57 am   Reply with quote         

Love that shot Brad. Can only imagine what you folks are suffering through. Hope it all ends very quickly, and the healing beings soon. Sad

Paul Von Stetina

Post Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:26 am   Reply with quote         

That's some scary shit Shocked this was shot a few days ago Sad

Ya'll stay safe down there Confused

below from 2007, this looks like a hot zone that flares up often

rose-wood71

Post Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:11 am   Reply with quote         

Just heard tonight that friends of my parents have lost their lives in the fire in the Churchhill area. My prayers go out to all those who lost love ones , lost homes or who are unaccounted for. May all those who are still facing the the threat of the fire be safe, may there be no more lives lost.

On the flip side I also have alot anger towards the person responsible. There is much evidence to say that the fires in the Churchill area was delibrately lit. If caugh this person may only serve 25 years. I dont feel that is enough punishment and they should serve time in jail till their death. These people who set fires in disreguard for other people lives are the SCUM of the earth and deserved to rot in hell.

Mir

Post Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:05 am   Reply with quote         

rose-wood71 wrote:
Just heard tonight that friends of my parents have lost their lives in the fire in the Churchhill area. My prayers go out to all those who lost love ones , lost homes or who are unaccounted for. May all those who are still facing the the threat of the fire be safe, may there be no more lives lost.

On the flip side I also have alot anger towards the person responsible. There is much evidence to say that the fires in the Churchill area was delibrately lit. If caugh this person may only serve 25 years. I dont feel that is enough punishment and they should serve time in jail till their death. These people who set fires in disreguard for other people lives are the SCUM of the earth and deserved to rot in hell.
I agree with you, stay safe and may it be over soon. I have a lot of family in different parts of Australia and I hope they are all safe.

Tesore

Post Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:02 pm   Reply with quote         

cafn8d

Post Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XSPx7S4jr4

Wow. Poor little guy. Are koalas at all dangerous, normally? Or are they like squirrels? How unusual is it for these presumably wild animals to accept such intimate contact with humans? And there are reports of other koalas actually seeming to seek out and "ask" for water bottles from people.

My sympathy for all who have lost friends or loved ones during these fires. My continued prayers for all of Australia, particularly those in the fire zones. Hug

sonic3

Post Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:23 pm   Reply with quote         

I really dont know what to say about it all, it upsets me every time i here about it or see it on tv.
How anyone can live with thier selves after being responsible for it all i will never know.
I'm not a religious man but i do send a prayer to you all, and lets all hope there is no more suffering and lives lost.

Hope it ends soon
My love to you all

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:46 pm   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:

Blurker, BigBuck, Wiz et al...is it close to you guys?
All OK. LD is in Melbourne city. Fires all over the country areas surrounding him.

[/quote]

where's Jeff Lange on the map?

Post Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:53 pm   Reply with quote         

sonic3 wrote:
I really dont know what to say about it all, it upsets me every time i here about it or see it on tv.
How anyone can live with thier selves after being responsible for it all i will never know.
I'm not a religious man but i do send a prayer to you all, and lets all hope there is no more suffering and lives lost.

Hope it ends soon
My love to you all

Well said, Sonic.

Post Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:29 pm   Reply with quote         

sonic3 wrote:

Hope it ends soon
My love to you all

Hear, hear!!!
Bless all... people and animals and my respect for the care workers.

bigbuck

Post Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
where's Jeff Lange on the map?

I think he's in Adelaide...

annajon

Post Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:
sonic3 wrote:

Hope it ends soon
My love to you all

Hear, hear!!!
Bless all... people and animals and my respect for the care workers.

My simpathy to all the care workers and fire fighters, and all the displaced families.
I wish I could bag some of the cold and rain/snow we have here and send it over.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Australia's worst ever natural disaster - Reply to topic