Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Does our home page.... - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:44 pm   Reply with quote         

OK

I saw that YerPalAl's & my threads were deleted.
I think it's unfair. I mean... NO I'm not upset. I mean... the thread that started all the sh*t, the "poopoop" one is still alive. If the mods don't delete it, I'll add some brand new heavy sh*t like you can't imagine!
Twisted Evil

Anyway I agree... the mods took the right decision. Some members were probably thinking: "It's just a shame to see such talent wasted on juvenile humor. Making fun of sex or religion is the easiest thing to do. It would just be nice if people used their intellect rather than their groins for humor"... (I fell I red those things somewhere... anyway) ... That is just right!
Angel

I sincerely felt I was mostly or totally laughing alone... although (hey... "although" is a new word in my funny English vocabulary)... (Cool!)... I was saying... euh... oh yeah... although stupid guys like me are usually, remarkably and astonishingly very comfortable in that kind of situation.
Razz

TJ

Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:47 pm   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:
Seriously folks!

Do I invite my 70yo Mother to pop in a look at the artwork?
My 8yo Daughter?
My friends at work?

It's no wonder the PSC stalwarts are leaving. The place used to be about photoshop....

Very well said Brad. I've only been here a year or so and thought it was so fun I asked my dad to join in so we could learn some PS from the pro's (he got me started in PS).
My pop stopped chopping because of all the s**t.........

How can we get things back in line?

MindGraph

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:21 am   Reply with quote         

TJ wrote:
bigbuck wrote:
Seriously folks!

Do I invite my 70yo Mother to pop in a look at the artwork?
My 8yo Daughter?
My friends at work?

It's no wonder the PSC stalwarts are leaving. The place used to be about photoshop....

Very well said Brad. I've only been here a year or so and thought it was so fun I asked my dad to join in so we could learn some PS from the pro's (he got me started in PS).
My pop stopped chopping because of all the s**t.........

while I'm no different than the next person that needs humor in their lives the forum has a ton of useless storage space wasted on useless forums imo. If it's no big deal try searching for something useful in it that's mixed in among the trash. We attack a spam post the minute it gets on here but what is the difference of our own spam made by members? I spent a ton of quality time on here with my 8yr old daughter going through contests and showing off everyones work and looking at things through her eyes and that at one time was some awesome quality time between us but I haven't brought her in here in a while for the same reason as Brad. Different people are going to have different feelings with this and noone to me is right or wrong but in this case I'm with you Brad.

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:11 am   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
blah blah blah

I dare you to do it!

JORDAN792

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:45 am   Reply with quote         

Big Buck, you're 100% right. I have got to say I did contribute to the poo threads but it was all in good fun. I personally, can read that sort of stuff and not bat an eye but some people cant, and yes, it makes the homepage look "crappy" Laughing There must be other stupid stuff we can discuss that doesn't have anything to do with poop and touching yourself. Like maybe...just maybe.........Photoshop?.....Or is that just uncalled for?

rashdog
Site Moderator

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:21 pm   Reply with quote         

TJ wrote:

I've thought that one way to do this might be to give mods the ability to move non-PS relevant topics to a forum area that does NOT show up on the front page, rather than only having the choice to lock or delete a thread.

That way, you guys can still discuss whatever non-relevant PS topics you want but it doesn't necessarily scare off potential members who might not quite understand your full depth of character at first glance.

Of course, this would mean, however, that you might have to seek this "dark corner" out, rather than have it easily accessible from the main page.

Now, I will say that I'm not a programmer, so I don't know if this could easily be done in PHP or whatever. Still, I wonder if it was possible if it's something that might make everyone happy.

Tarmac

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Interesting idea. PSC's very own red light district. There, but just not advertised for the casual forum tourist.

Beats the delete it option hands down. Smile

splodge

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:04 pm   Reply with quote         

advantage forum? Laughing

Hallcross Toots
cafn8d

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:49 pm   Reply with quote         

rashdog wrote:
TJ wrote:

I've thought that one way to do this might be to give mods the ability to move non-PS relevant topics to a forum area that does NOT show up on the front page, rather than only having the choice to lock or delete a thread.

That way, you guys can still discuss whatever non-relevant PS topics you want but it doesn't necessarily scare off potential members who might not quite understand your full depth of character at first glance.

Of course, this would mean, however, that you might have to seek this "dark corner" out, rather than have it easily accessible from the main page...

I've had that same thought several times! Smile If we could allow ONLY the On-Topic threads to list links on the homepage, it would make for a better-looking PSC homepage. I just want to add that if a link to "Ten most recent Off-Topic Threads" could be added under the threads listed on the homepage, then new games and such wouldn't be too hard to find for those that want them. And I absolutely agree that Mods should DEFINITELY have the power to move threads from one forum to another as deemed appropriate.

I'm not a programmer, either, so I don't have any idea what would have to go into this, but I've seen similar organization on other sites, so I know it's possible. Very Happy

cafn8d

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:01 pm   Reply with quote         

I think Anfa said it best nearly four years ago:

Laughing

MindGraph

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:37 pm   Reply with quote         

rashdog wrote:

well said.... Wink

Canuck <º)))><

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Well, it looks like I have joined arc in having my new threads on 'auto -delete' now.

Maybe I should have put something dirty in the title.

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:46 pm   Reply with quote         

not deleted, moved to stop the same crap happening all over again

Hallcross Toots

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:31 pm   Reply with quote         

JORDAN792 wrote:
Big Buck, you're 100% right. I have got to say I did contribute to the poo threads but it was all in good fun. I personally, can read that sort of stuff and not bat an eye but some people cant, and yes, it makes the homepage look "crappy"...

Yes... feel the same thing... and sure bigbuck is right.

And thanks TJ & MindGraph for your comments. If those crappy stuff make some people not coming back on our site... this is something bad & something to consider. I'll be careful for that.

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:31 pm   Reply with quote         

cafn8d wrote:
rashdog wrote:

Of course, this would mean, however, that you might have to seek this "dark corner" out, rather than have it easily accessible from the main page...

I've had that same thought several times! Smile If we could allow ONLY the On-Topic threads to list links on the homepage, it would make for a better-looking PSC homepage. I just want to add that if a link to "Ten most recent Off-Topic Threads" could be added under the threads listed on the homepage, then new games and such wouldn't be too hard to find for those that want them. And I absolutely agree that Mods should DEFINITELY have the power to move threads from one forum to another as deemed appropriate.

Yes. I mostly agree. But I think it can be good to consider that some Off-Topic Threads can still be good to see on front page like last WhimSea's thread by example. Maybe the members can just have the option to put their threads on front page if they seriously consider their threads enough important for our community. Something around that...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Does our home page.... - Reply to topic