Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Why I keep chopping.... - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

delia

Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Did you ever get that buzz as soon as you are done with a chop? Like you nailed it and can't wait for the contest to open to see what others are thinking about your work?

The stinky thing about Advantage is sometimes you need to wait nearly a month to find out!! Smile

It is like a drug, the high you get from a chop you think is gonna kick ass.

{Sometimes no one likes it, and it is a super buzz kill, but that only makes me wanna try again!}

It is a vicious cycle....

Keeps me coming back, even when I should be doing some much needed, though much less rewarding housework. I can't think of any time I really thought to myself, " Boy, that floor looks great all mopped up and clean! I can't wait to hear what everyone has to say about that!" Laughing

http://www.track4va.com
YerPalAl

Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Yeah, its kinda the way with this place.

Its called Lackachopaphobia. (fear of not being able to chop)

But be of stout heart. Few have died from it here. Smile

sonic3

Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:35 pm   Reply with quote         

If i've done an entry a while before it starts, it drives me crazy waiting for it.
In the UK its 1pm when the contests open and i'm at work, so i find myself sneeking a look on the office pc or using my phone in my break to check out the site when it starts.
And yeh i know how it feels to do something that you feel is good but others either dont like it or dont quite understand the humour, you feel a little down at first, but its not long before that chopping feeling just takes you over and you find that pen back in your hand and your racking your brain for ideas and where to find those dam illusive reference pics.

The Choppers bug is deep inside our hearts.

Anyone know a good exorsist?

Laughing

YerPalAl

Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Yeah, his name is Jack Daniels. Laughing Laughing Laughing

sonic3

Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:43 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
Yeah, his name is Jack Daniels. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing salut to Jack

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:44 pm   Reply with quote         

deliandave wrote:
I can't think of any time I really thought to myself, " Boy, that floor looks great all mopped up and clean! I can't wait to hear what everyone has to say about that!" Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing
GREAT and FUNNY ANALOGY!

However one's image turns out, the sheer fact that we do this for no other purpose than to amuse, wow or inspire each other...well, that's very cool.

and we learn some new stuff along the way

Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
However one's image turns out, the sheer fact that we do this for no other purpose than to amuse, wow or inspire each other...well, that's very cool.

YUP!!!....thats why i do it....Just to WOW you guys. Mr. Green
Most times it's: WOW, i thought the last one sucked....BUT it's still a WOW. Razz

I have advantage and still only chop the night before...or the day of the contest. Huh.. I wish i could give you a big Philosophical reason behind that choice... Confused sadly, I'm just a slacker "Thats how i ROLL". Laughing

This is my ART Class.....Hell, i keep hoping to wake up one day, all calm and MELLOW like BOB ROSS. DAMN-IT...i want the little squirrels to live in MY pocket TOO. Crying or Very sad

rockyjob

Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:14 pm   Reply with quote         

sonic3 wrote:
If i've done an entry a while before it starts, it drives me crazy waiting for it.
In the UK its 1pm when the contests open and i'm at work, so i find myself sneeking a look on the office pc or using my phone in my break to check out the site when it starts.
And yeh i know how it feels to do something that you feel is good but others either dont like it or dont quite understand the humour, you feel a little down at first, but its not long before that chopping feeling just takes you over and you find that pen back in your hand and your racking your brain for ideas and where to find those dam illusive reference pics.

The Choppers bug is deep inside our hearts.

Anyone know a good exorsist?

Laughing

yeah man, I get disapointed then I say, ITs JUST A CHOP! Lets see what they think about.... (4 hours later after finishing a chop) ....THIS! MUahhahahahahahaahhah!!!!
JK Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Its all good Wink

jerryhami

Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:23 pm   Reply with quote         

[quote="deliandave"]Did you ever get that buzz as soon as you are done with a chop? Like you nailed it and can't wait for the contest to open to see what others are thinking about your work?

Yep but then I wait until 6 or 7 hours after the contest started to check on it that way I can see how far ahead I am just to be kicked in the stomach by the lonely 4 pity votes...You compare your work to the work of the others and realize yes mine does look like SH!T.
On the other hand you have that one chop that took you 20 minutes to throw together you hate it but you enter it anyway and this is the one people like and vote for.

I do like the feel when you have all the perfect externals, your Wacom is actually doing what it is supposed to and you remember to click on the right layer before adding adjustments. All is right in the world Cool

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:28 pm   Reply with quote         

My next entry has almost 20 views because I keep hoping the contest will have magically opened. Laughing

ReinMan

Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:43 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
Yeah, his name is Jack Daniels. Laughing

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mad

annajon

Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:41 am   Reply with quote         

to all of the above (possible exeption J.D.) yes, true, so know the feeling.... and having to go to work 4 days a week is great for moral, but the downside is, less time to chop. I love advantage, I do my chopping in the weekend.

PS, DewDew, if you go voting for the new upcomming sourses more often, you may discover you are rooting for a nice sourse way before it enters the calendar and that will get you chopping for sure.

Nice to see you hanging around anyway!

dewdew

Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:05 am   Reply with quote         

I still chop....i chopped three this week alone. I like to call it BOWFLEX chopping...YOU KNOW....15 minutes a day, 3 days a week. They said that in 6 weeks i should have a bowflex chop'n body. Mr. Green

I use to vote on sources....I lost most times in that too. Laughing

Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:56 am   Reply with quote         

i only chop at work. When i go home, it's baby and wife time. If i can get away with ignoring them though, i spend time recording in my studio.

So.... i spend about an hour MAX on every chop, which explains why i've never gotten higher that 9th place (but i'm quite proud of 9th)

i mainly love comments under chops. I dont give a shit about votes too much for now (look at splodge's entry for Reunion - its flippen amazing, how can you compete with that?) but i like people to say - your shading is crap or you should've blurrd that edge more etc etc.

Somewhere, somehow on one of your chops, someone will say something that will make you go - shit, i'm not too bad at this...

That's what keeps me chopping. I'm trying to get people worked up about something! HA HA

rockyjob

Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:22 am   Reply with quote         

TutorMe wrote:
My next entry has almost 20 views because I keep hoping the contest will have magically opened. Laughing

hahahaha same..... lol

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Why I keep chopping.... - Reply to topic