Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Fun Challenge - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Paul Von Stetina

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:22 pm   Reply with quote         

I haven't had it, because I hear it taste like piss... Laughing (and it looks like shit too)

dewdew

Post Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:04 am   Reply with quote         

Post Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:51 am   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
I hate Coke!!!!! I am an employee of Pepsi-Cola. I decided not to glorify this product by making a trophy, but I did chop.

Pepsi's new logo is retarded. Wink I prefer Coke when bottled (bottled Pepsi has a nasty taste, dunno why), Either Coke or Pepsi in a can is fine, but I prefer Pepsi when getting it out of a fountain. The Coke is always too watered down, even when mixed well, which is rare.

Post Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:38 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
This was a job I had some years back.
I had to take a pepsi bottle and turn it into
a solid gold trophy like an Oscar award.
It was fun to do.
Thought you might like to give it a shot.
Here is a Coke bottle.
Get creative with it, Put a base on it. Maybe award it to someone. Very Happy

Hi Rey, do you have a example of your work? The pepsi bottle you've made I mean...
Coca Cola owns Pepsi btw!

Post Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:41 am   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
I hate Coke!!!!! I am an employee of Pepsi-Cola. I decided not to glorify this product by making a trophy, but I did chop.

main external: http://img108.mytextgraphics.com/photolava/2008/08/27/6648251282cfe674cd4-fkdwxrn1.jpeg

um, glennhanna, it's a plastic bottle. Why dont you make a little Pepsi man holding a lighter and burning the disgusting coke bottle?

like this:

Hee hee...

ReyRey

Post Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:04 am   Reply with quote         

DaVinci wrote:

Hi Rey, do you have a example of your work? The pepsi bottle you've made I mean...

This is the Pepsi bottle that I did. They ended up putting a small sign where the label is and put something in it's hands. They couldn't figure out what at the time. I created some really cool bases for it but the wanted it straight forward and simple, so it would not compete with the rest of the image. Silly, I think.

glennhanna

Post Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:07 am   Reply with quote         

Drumstix71 wrote:

um, glennhanna, it's a plastic bottle.

Hey, Nobody is perfect. You wait, someday they'll make glass bottles with plastic twist tops.

glennhanna

Post Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:09 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:

Very Cool, nice job

DaVinci

Post Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:28 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
DaVinci wrote:

This is the Pepsi bottle that I did. They ended up putting a small sign where the label is and put something in it's hands. They couldn't figure out what at the time. I created some really cool bases for it but the wanted it straight forward and simple, so it would not compete with the rest of the image. Silly, I think.

This is some good stuff Rey2! thumleft

Post Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:42 am   Reply with quote         

great work rey rey, Very Happy

ReyRey

Post Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:53 am   Reply with quote         

Here are the steps I took.
I had an old bottle in the garage which I had painted black for some reason.

Then I drew selection around all the basic shapes and filled them with some basic gold gradients. Now it looked like Matte gold. They did not want the bumpy things where the label goes.

Now I had to give it some "POP" (no pun intended)
I tried to imagine what a photography studio looks like inside and tried to create suggestions of reflections. (staying away from colors, trying to keep it all gold). If you look at reflection on the top round part of the bottle you can imagine a studio ceiling with a light in it. So far this is all done with selections (made with the pen tool) and the airbrush.

Then I pumped it up a bit more with darker and lighter shades and added arms. I added more hints of reflection from objects that I imagined in the room. I even found a picture of a studio to use for reference. I copied the whole image and created a new layer which I applied the chrome filter too. I set it to softlight and erased most of it leaving just little hints of it. Most of it looked disturbing. I probably would still remove some of those shapes but this was long ago and I was experimenting. I've done enough gold now, that I know better.

That's it.

YerPalAl

Post Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:12 am   Reply with quote         

"Now I had to give it some "POP" (no pun intended) "

HAH!!! Rolling Eyes Laughing

ReyRey

Post Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:39 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:

My wifes family are the first people I ever heard call it pop. I had never heard that before except in movies from the 50's Laughing

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:18 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
YerPalAl wrote:

My wifes family are the first people I ever heard call it pop. I had never heard that before except in movies from the 50's Laughing

It's all a regional thing. Growing up in Idaho it was pop. Moved to California at 16 and it was soda. Moved to Wisconsin and it's soda. Drove to Florida and some states it was pop and others it was soda.

Interesting thing, I think it was in Tennessee, everything was a Coke. I mean EVERYTHING. You order a drink and they'd ask "What kinda coke do you want". There was Coca Cola coke, Pepsi coke, Sprite coke, Orange coke.... Laughing

sonic3

Post Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:21 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
ReyRey wrote:
YerPalAl wrote:

It's all a regional thing. Growing up in Idaho it was pop. Moved to California at 16 and it was soda. Moved to Wisconsin and it's soda. Drove to Florida and some states it was pop and others it was soda.

Interesting thing, I think it was in Tennessee, everything was a Coke. I mean EVERYTHING. You order a drink and they'd ask "What kinda coke do you want". There was Coca Cola coke, Pepsi coke, Sprite coke, Orange coke.... Laughing

It was always called POP by my grandparents, and i think it was always called 'Fizzy POP' due to the fact the lid made a pop sound when it was taken off. Not sure when it started over here tho

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Fun Challenge - Reply to topic