Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Wacom Bamboo Pen Tablet - Reply to topic

bneises

Post Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Wacom Bamboo Pen Tablet for $44.99 plus free shipping (normally $80. Use coupon code ZBC8LPSBMMRB28 and select 2-day shipping).

--credit Gizmodo

Post Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:50 pm   Reply with quote         

These guys are almost like toys. I guess it'd be nice to have for quick work while traveling or going to Starbucks or something, but for regular use, I wouldn't recommend it. When I say they are like toys, I mean it. Cheap, light, hollow plastic.

So, for casual use, go for it. For regular or "real" use, not the best thing in the world. Wink

Post Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:15 pm   Reply with quote         

my mouse has a problem with you, see you soon

Hallcross Toots
Oscar

Post Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:21 pm   Reply with quote         

frys had them here for 80 bux 2 days ago, glad I didn't buy it. Thanks I was looking for one.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:46 am   Reply with quote         

I have the intuos3 4"x6", I can't live without it now, it was on sale at BestBuy for like $170, circuit city accross the street wanted $220, now I know why they went out of business, I did look at the bamboo, and it is like a toy Confused

anfa

Post Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:33 pm   Reply with quote         

It's called Bamboo so it must be from China! Don't buy it.
Ohh, hang on a mo! Everything is made in china. Turn your mouse and have a look and see where it was made.

ReinMan

Post Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:16 pm   Reply with quote         

I've got a Bamboo and it works just fine. I didn't need it to feel like it was weighed down with used liver choppings. I also use a tablet very rarely so it was no big hootchski for me - but I know my friends who do lots of tablet work like their intuous thang. But for beginners or lite users, the Bamboo does what it does just fine.

reindeer

Post Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:21 pm   Reply with quote         

A new wacom tablet was released at photoshop world

seelcraft

Post Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:53 pm   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
These guys are almost like toys. I guess it'd be nice to have for quick work while traveling or going to Starbucks or something, but for regular use, I wouldn't recommend it. When I say they are like toys, I mean it. Cheap, light, hollow plastic.

So, for casual use, go for it. For regular or "real" use, not the best thing in the world. Wink

I have a Bamboo and I have no problems with it. I see no limitations whatsoever. Works better than my old, full-blown Wacom.

So what specifically is wrong with it?

Doug

Post Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:07 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
It's called Bamboo so it must be from China! Don't buy it.
Ohh, hang on a mo! Everything is made in china. Turn your mouse and have a look and see where it was made.

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Mad ...........................................................................well crap!!

Post Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:37 am   Reply with quote         

seelcraft wrote:
mason4300 wrote:

I have a Bamboo and I have no problems with it. I see no limitations whatsoever. Works better than my old, full-blown Wacom.

So what specifically is wrong with it?

Doug

Using it at workplace, were we sell them, it is not as high quality compared to the rest of Wacom's offerings. I suppose if all you need it for is doing chops for PSC, then it would be fine, but it's not exactly a "professional" tablet. I was speaking more to that crowd, in case they hadn't seen a Bamboo before. It's small and cheap. If that's all one needs, then go for it.

Post Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:37 am   Reply with quote         

I use the Bamboo Fun, mainly because i cant afford a dearer one. Never had a problem with it at all, does all i want it to. And after all photoshop is a hobby for me not a job.

A.G.L

Post Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:23 am   Reply with quote         

bneises wrote:
Wacom Bamboo Pen Tablet for $44.99 plus free shipping (normally $80. Use coupon code ZBC8LPSBMMRB28 and select 2-day shipping).

--credit Gizmodo

I have the same graphic tablet and it's good if U don't have a lot of space.
I love it, It just makes drawing easier. Everyone that talks some shit that it is too small is wrong. I mean If U want to make long lines... yes U maybe need a bigger G-tablet but U also need bigger LCD screen. One more thing--> what I meant with "U maybe need"... well I have a 19 " screen and when I want to make long lines I just zoom out of the picture that way the smallest movement becomes big for the picture if U know what I'm saying.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Wacom Bamboo Pen Tablet - Reply to topic