Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - ALMOST H-HOUR - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

supak0ma

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:37 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
marcoballistic wrote:
ARRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHH!!!! get the fricking subs in now, stupid bastard bitch old members sign up for no reason with no intention to bloody take part, waste mine and 23 other peoples time.

Something should have been done about this well in advance, some good members missed out because of this Cluster Fuck! Evil or Very Mad

Calm down bro. You'll feel much better after the stab in the face! Wink

Laughing Laughing

mikey

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Never thought to look under Contests! Embarassed Laughing I was relying on a foolish thread to tell me when it starts. Rolling Eyes

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Voted!

Thank you for your vote.
Your welcome!
Click here to return to the tournament.
I will, thank you!

Thank you for your vote.
Your welcome!
I will, thank you!

Thank you for your vote.
Your welcome!
I will, thank you!

Thank you for your vote.
Your welcome!
I will, thank you!

Etc.

And now I will look after my rsi Confused

Laughing

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:
Voted!

Thank you for your vote.
Your welcome!
I will, thank you!

Thank you for your vote.
Your welcome!
I will, thank you!

Thank you for your vote.
Your welcome!
I will, thank you!

Thank you for your vote.
Your welcome!
I will, thank you!

Etc.

And now I will look after my rsi Confused

Laughing
hahah Quatum touch 100 dollars an hour and your are healed Laughing

Pearcinator

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:15 am   Reply with quote         

Dont worry Proc. I recieved your reminder email.

This no-show business should be fixed. I have a few suggestions for next year.

1. No-Shows will become BANNED!

(unless there is an extremely reasonable reason for their non-appearance. Then there will be a poll where the community decides as a whole on whether said user is banned or not. If the community decides to let the user off the hook. They will still be blacklisted from future tournaments.)

2. Delete users...or even better refuse entry to users who have had over 6 months (or a year) of inactivity.

The user must also have posted in at least 15 daily entries before allowing entry. (Give the warning out a week before the registration deadline is up...this would make it impossible for new profiles to rush in 2 entries a day and still sign up...since they would still need 1 more entry)

3. Confirmation email (pm) sent out to everyones profile. Users must follow the confirmation link within a week of recieving the pm (send the pm out 2 weeks before H2H commences). Those who do not follow the link is taken out and replaced by the extras waiting by.

This will still not fix the no-shows 100% but it should make no-shows occur a LOT less frequently. These are just my suggestions...take them with a grain of salt (or sand or watever that catch phrase is lol)

nyxxie

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:30 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
or even better refuse entry to users who have had over 6 months (or a year) of inactivity.

Not a fan of this one. I haven't been active around here in quite a while, but I've been a member here forever. I'd be sooo upset if I missed H2H, I really like them.

What I think should happen is a confirmation email two days before the competition, and then the day before the competition send out emails to the replacements of those that didn't reply, and then yet another confirmation to those replacements. In the confirmation email make clear that those that do not post an entry will be banned from the site permanently.

And then very specific instructions on when the contest starts, when it ends, the deadline, where to find the source picture, etc.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:39 am   Reply with quote         

Pearcinator wrote:
Dont worry Proc. I recieved your reminder email.

This no-show business should be fixed. I have a few suggestions for next year.

1. No-Shows will become BANNED!

(unless there is an extremely reasonable reason for their non-appearance. Then there will be a poll where the community decides as a whole on whether said user is banned or not. If the community decides to let the user off the hook. They will still be blacklisted from future tournaments.)

2. Delete users...or even better refuse entry to users who have had over 6 months (or a year) of inactivity.

The user must also have posted in at least 15 daily entries before allowing entry. (Give the warning out a week before the registration deadline is up...this would make it impossible for new profiles to rush in 2 entries a day and still sign up...since they would still need 1 more entry)

3. Confirmation email (pm) sent out to everyones profile. Users must follow the confirmation link within a week of recieving the pm (send the pm out 2 weeks before H2H commences). Those who do not follow the link is taken out and replaced by the extras waiting by.

This will still not fix the no-shows 100% but it should make no-shows occur a LOT less frequently. These are just my suggestions...take them with a grain of salt (or sand or watever that catch phrase is lol)

whoa! Hold the phone! Banning PSC members is NOT an option for being unable to compete in a contest. Inactivity means nothing. People have real lives and things going on in them. Yes to #3. Confirmation e-mail is a good idea, as others have suggested, if it's do-able for our coders.

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:50 am   Reply with quote         

How bout you bluff that u will ban members who are no-shows? As in say that you will ban them which would be a strong motive for putting an entry in. If they dont then just blacklist them from future contests...or maybe even a light ban (like 3-6 months)...or maybe not since that wont achieve anything.

I do agree with VERY specfic instructions. Instead of an email it would be better to send a message to their public profile (since some people say they didnt get Procs email)

I was just making suggestions...i didnt say "USE my ideas cos they are the bestest evar" i was just trying to help Crying or Very sad

gotmeamuse

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:20 am   Reply with quote         

I would just like to say to the owners of this site what a fantabulous time I personally am having!!!!!
BRAVO!!!! Not only did I spend more time on a chop than ever before and end up with something I really like, but the entertainment in threads has been priceless.
Im new....been here 2 months. Got the invitation before I had posted 10 entries. So i just threw some in and crossed my fingers.
When the first posting of the brackets came out it was incomplete and didn't have my name on it.
I was bummed but oh well. I was still gonna watch.
Then I got an email asking if I was gonna participate!!!!!!! You bet !!!!!!
It did not seem very complicated to me to find the rules. They were stated clearly. No room for assumptions. 2 days to chop, 2 days to vote. Deadline for posting ok!!!
Checked out my competition "my God he is a professional, Im gonna get creamed!!!"
I would have posted no matter what though...even if I had been up against Marco. Matter of respect you know?
Especially if I would have known how pissed he was gonna get!
But as a newbie....I really didn't find the whole thing to be that complicated. All was outlined pretty well, so I am not understanding how long time users of this site could have such difficulty.
One last thing.........That Video Glen made should have been on the front page no matter what!
So if I get creamed in the first round I just want to say to those who are taking all the flak.....Thanks, I for 1 am having a great time.
Did I win yet God Damn it??????

Artist ~ ArtAbounds
May your next manipulation be your best!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - ALMOST H-HOUR - Reply to topic