Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Hello from buckie74 - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

buckie74

Post Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Post Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:52 pm   Reply with quote         

woot! Welcome, New Orleans chop chick! Very Happy

Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:02 am   Reply with quote         

Welcome. Very Happy

Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:12 am   Reply with quote         

Hey. Smile Cool to see more people hanging around PSC, lots of new faces since I was last active. If you like, since you are learning PS fresh, you could try a copy of this as well, if you like. http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=11734

Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:24 am   Reply with quote         

Hola

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
annajon

Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:23 am   Reply with quote         

Hi,

Your Bluebird and On the Road entries were my favorites in your portfolio sofar, and if that is anything to go by, then I think you will be given many of us a serious run for our money.

Good luck on the homestead rebuild, and I will help you keep fingers crossed that the huricanes will stay in the Gulf from now on.

Anna

Tommeken

Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:42 am   Reply with quote         

helllo buckie74,

i'm gonna be honest with you...if I could i would give some helpfull critiques and comments, but...i probebly can't 'cause i'm new myself and i'm also still learning each day..and like you said i've learned a lot in these few mont's i'm here...and I think iv'e still got a long learning proces to go, 'cause i've just started with photoshop last october...so with this said maybe i can introduce myself to..
hi i'm Tom and i'm 27years old..still learning and love to get some helpfull critiques and comments to.. Smile
and buckie74 I will try to give you some helpfull critiques (if i can) Very Happy

Tesore

Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:50 am   Reply with quote         

Welcome Buckie and Tom Very Happy

Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:31 am   Reply with quote         

welcome, ola,

Granulated

Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:30 am   Reply with quote         

hi Smile

YerPalAl

Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:34 am   Reply with quote         

Welcome N'awlins, and you seem to be off to a great start. Just don't get discouraged. Smile

Cartoon Contractor

Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:42 am   Reply with quote         

Hello and welcome fellow Louisianian. I, like you am self taught (with the help of some books and tuts) So stick with it and ask for help and I'm sure all the wonderful people here will give you tips and things to help you along. I am in the south central part of Louisiana (Opelousas) so not far from you. So howdy neighbor! Wink

ReinMan

Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:48 am   Reply with quote         

Being that I'm a Zydeco Accordion Player, it would be most IMPROPER if I didn't send you down a nice Howdy Y'all from Vancouver area of Canada.

Very Happy

About switching over to Photoshop: JUST DO IT! Wink I spent years on CorelPaint and when I went back to college in 2000 I "had" to learn Photoshop. I was VERY resistant and didn't want to leave CorelPaint (a fine program, by the way) behind. But I kept at it and I am SO HAPPY that I did. But I just had to keep coming back to Photoshop, even when I knew how to "do it faster" in my old program.

In any case, enjoy our website - lots to learn here, and many "interesting" folks to meet.

dewdew

Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Bein'venu Cher'e.....you gonna have some-kinda fun here, let me tell you what.

You better built that house, some-more HIGH, thats fo'sho, what you should did. If not, we gonna-be fishing you from the Poncha'train. We sho'nuff don't wanna-be did'n dat. Them gators fo'sho, will drag you up-and-under "one-a-dem" Cypress roots. Das' HOW dey did it, you know. Wink

I have always heard that "a man who see's the "Blue-eyes" of a "white-gator", will be forever lucky. Confused NO SHIT......the fact that you got close enough to see the blue-eyes with-out being eat'n, should have told you that. Laughing

Good luck and have fun.

mikomadness

Post Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Since we are on the subject of saying hello I thought I'd take this opportunity to say "hey, it's fun to be here!" I was once a member a few years ago and it just popped into my head one day to see if it was still around. To my great pleasure it is and I am glad to be a part of it. I am a self taught PS player and enjoy trying new visual tricks and techniques but I too have a lot more to learn and have learned a great deal already just in the last or should I say first 8 posts. There is a lot of strong talent which makes me apply myself a lot more which in turn translates into better results. Not including my Grass Man entries which I readily admit that I majorly slacked. And from that I learned to not do just anything if you don't have a good idea, just pass onto another source that gives you vision.
Anyways, I don't want to steal the spotlight of buckie74's original introduction thread, I just saw it as good timing to say hi.
So welcome buckie74! And thanks to everyone else for your inspiring work and support.

madness

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Hello from buckie74 - Reply to topic