Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Guyz, badly needed your help.. - Reply to topic

Post Tue May 26, 2009 11:47 pm   Reply with quote         

Hi, I badly needed help guyz, is there anybody here that can help me find a job, coz the working situation here in Dubai is quite not good, Many people were lost their job, Unfortunately maybe I'm next in line for it, Hopefully there is someone that can help me for this. Thanks! Very Happy

ReinMan

Post Wed May 27, 2009 10:29 am   Reply with quote         

I'm afraid that many around the world are in a similar position. And not many of us have job connections in Dubai! Huh..

All I can do is send you best wishes and hopes that you keep food on your table and good thoughts in your heart. Whatever you do don't move to the USA - it is REALLY bad there.

Cheers!

Post Wed May 27, 2009 11:47 am   Reply with quote         

Hi reinman thanks for the effort and time for replying, Actually I'm planning to move at Canada but I didnt expected that they are also affected by the recession, how sad.... I think the situation there is much better than here..hehehe. Anyway, If there is avalable job on other countries I'm willing to travel rather than stay here and wait for nothing. Laughing

Thanks! Godbless!

Tommeken

Post Wed May 27, 2009 12:21 pm   Reply with quote         

i will cross my fingers for you but i think what reinman said was completly right...same situation here in Belgium...
just have faith and cross your fingers to Confused
good luck anyway

sonic3

Post Wed May 27, 2009 12:49 pm   Reply with quote         

The situation here in the uk is much the same, i'm lucky to be in a job that as yet has not been affected by the recession. But that could change at any time.
Can i ask what kind of work you are looking for and what skills you may have.
I was only in Dubai before christmas and i noticed things were bad then.
I wish you all the best in your search.

ReinMan

Post Wed May 27, 2009 1:15 pm   Reply with quote         

It is kinda funny - for many years I've felt kind of sad/frustrated as I do not make a LOT of money being an "artist" kinda guy. But I have learned to make what money I do generate work for me, and I've kept myself out of debt. And being self-employed, I've learned to not rely on my "employer dude" for my income. It has been hard, but now in with the world economy the way it is, I'm glad that I know how to live "close to the ground".

So I will say this: during a recession is one of the BEST times to be an entrepreneur. If you have no work, then your job is getting more jobs. And you get to be flexible as the rest of the world twists and turns. Folks in "corporate" or "established" jobs will have more trouble doing that than the free-lancer creative types.

In any event, I wish you well.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

(another great hint: when it REALLY feels bad, go find someone to hug! Preferably someone who WANTS you to hug them! Wink) You will still be in the same situation, but you will not FEEL as bad. And that does help!

blue_lurker

Post Wed May 27, 2009 1:47 pm   Reply with quote         

Before you hug some one, make sure you are wearing pants...ok...trust me wear pants before hugging...damn court date, pffft...public nudity...bastards Wink

Post Wed May 27, 2009 1:56 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:

(another great hint: when it REALLY feels bad, go find someone to hug! Preferably someone who WANTS you to hug them! Wink) You will still be in the same situation, but you will not FEEL as bad. And that does help!

another great hint: don't wear tomatoes on your eyes to a job interview. It makes answering a question seriously VERY diffucult. Trust me!

Cool I am too good to you lot... oh wait, that's not my line!

Paul Von Stetina

Post Wed May 27, 2009 6:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Being self employed since @ 1980, I found that you're only out of work when you stop working Wink another words, get back to work...even if you're not getting paid.

Post Wed May 27, 2009 7:18 pm   Reply with quote         

with the economy right now its hard for anybody to find and/or keep their job

Post Thu May 28, 2009 5:12 am   Reply with quote         

THANKS GUYZ FOR YOUR REPLIES..i'M VERY OVERWHELMED THAT YOU GIVE YOUR TIME ON ANSWERING MY POST... ANYWAY YOU AKE ME LAUGH AS WELL, HAHAHA... i'M PLANNING TO PUT ONIONS ON MY EYES TO MAKE ME CRY UPON INTERVIEW HAHAHA, TEARS ATTACK. LOL. MAYBE IT HELPS ME TO FIND A JOB. HAHAHAHA... BY THE WAY, MY SKILLS ON GRAPHICS IS NOT THAT COMPETITIVE UNLIKE YOU GUYZ, YOU KNOW, I'M JUST A SMALL TIMER SO NO ONE WILL COME ON ME FOR THEIR PROJECTS INSTEAD THEY WILL GO TO A MUCH EXPERIENCED PERSON ON GRAPHIC DESIGNING. THOUGH I HAVE KNOWLEDGE ON COMPUTER HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE COZ I'M A COMPUTER ENGINEER AS WHAT SONIC3 WHERE ASKING.I ALSO HAVE SOME KNOWLEDGE ON PROGRAMMING,BUT NOT THAT EXTENSIVE, i WILL SEARCH YOU ON FACEBOOK SONIC3 AS SOON AS I HAVE A SPARE TIME, (THAT MEANS I SEARCH YOUR PROFILE NOW COZ I ALWAYS HAVE SPARE TIME,HAHA.) SERIOSLUY, tHANK YOU GUYz! I HIGHLY APPRECIATED YOUR REPLIES... HOPE I CAN FIND STABLE JOBS COZ I HAVE FAMILY TO FEED ON. Very Happy

SONIC3-=REINMAN-=BLUE LURKER-=TOMMEKEN-=PAUL-=JUSTINSANE-=ANZIONITE
thanks! Wink

supak0ma

Post Thu May 28, 2009 6:11 am   Reply with quote         

have you tried sites like getafreelancer.com? the situation is bad also over here Sad

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Guyz, badly needed your help.. - Reply to topic