Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - STOLEN ART AT polyvore-com - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

annajon

Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:02 am   Reply with quote         

although, on second thought....

When I clicked on the makers name, I found her page. And when you click on one of her works, you find that people on that website deliver all the images with links in plain sight for the viewer. So you can find out how it was made.

This would be a nice addition to PSC as well. Would it not?

Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:02 am   Reply with quote         

What kind of sick animals would take outside sources without permission and combine them to form new images??

And what will they do next? Some sort of a scavenger-esque type hunt?

Shut em down!

annajon

Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:07 am   Reply with quote         

buglover wrote:
Tahts what they say about copyright...

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/help.copyright

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/help.copyright

Perhaps our owner should write that letter, stating that ANY image from Photoshopcontest.com is unlimited use, after all, we are creators, not suppliers

Tesore

Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:07 am   Reply with quote         

That's a lot of PSC stuff
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/search.things?query=photoshopcontest

http://www.polyvore.com/no_evil_on_photoshop_contest/thing?id=3356253

Evil Twisted Evil

Laughing

What is Polyvore?
Polyvore is a free, easy-to-use web-based application for mixing and matching images from anywhere on the web. It is also a vibrant community of creative and stylish people.

Polyvore lets you create sets composed of individual images using an easy to use, drag and drop editor. After you have created a set, you can publish and share it with your friends and the Polyvore community.
How do I add items to Polyvore?
You can import items from other websites using the clipper tool. Please make sure to respect copyrights when clipping items Confused
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/help

gravyboat

Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:14 am   Reply with quote         

badcop wrote:
What kind of sick animals would take outside sources without permission and combine them to form new images??

And what will they do next? Some sort of a scavenger-esque type hunt?

Shut em down!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

The Closer you get to Canada the more things there are that wanna eat your horse.
TheShaman

Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:14 am   Reply with quote         

badcop wrote:

Laughing NOT US! Angel

buglover

Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:01 am   Reply with quote         

It's less the fact that little girls are using copyright art than that polyvore is making it so easy for them, without explaining them what copyright is about.

They even have gettyimages images uploaded in there:
http://www.polyvore.com/getty_images_cerca/thing?id=8057301
with a price of 49,00 EUR for a rightsmanaged image Razz

In their therms of use you'll find that the users are fully responsible for the copyright of the images they upload. Means gettyimages will call a father of a 13 year old girl telling him that he has to pay lot's of bugs cause his little girl has uploaded some photos on the internet to play with - and polyvore says it's not his fold!?

polyvore is making money with it's services and that the users could be ruined by copyright infringement seems just a scheduled part of the game.

Looks like copyright should be a class already in kindergarten for our childs Razz

Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm   Reply with quote         

they´re sick... they got even MY stuff... who would be dumb enough to use MY stuff when they can use claf and rey´s stuff... morons...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:25 pm   Reply with quote         

I just had a long discussion with one of their members at a so called "fan"-forumsite.

They really don't understand ppl don't want their art overthere, they feel it's "exposure" and we should be glad it's there and they are able to use it. They don't care about © at all Sad

They need some red and yellow pills fast!

arcaico

Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:31 pm   Reply with quote         

robvdn wrote:
I just had a long discussion with one of their members at a so called "fan"-forumsite.

They really don't understand ppl don't want their art overthere, they feel it's "exposure" and we should be glad it's there and they are able to use it. They don't care about © at all Sad

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

ReyRey

Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:33 pm   Reply with quote         

robvdn wrote:

Who cares? They are not going to make money off that crap.
Hell, we (not me Shocked ) all take images off the web and use them. We at least try to create something new from it but we (not me Shocked ) are just as guilty. Cool (not me Shocked ) Laughing

YerPalAl

Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Rey, I think there is a difference.

I'm a photographer too so my view straddles the line so bear with me.

I've always looked at what we do with images is somewhat akin to electronic collages, but with a lot more work added. We take images and combine them and manipulate them and, God help me, it takes a great deal of talent in many cases to produce images such as you see here.

What I saw on that person's page was little more than hack and slash and what the other people see as great images is the beautiful PS work by you and Scion and others that this person smashes together then takes credit for.

I am not amused nor pleased, but I don't see much that can be done about it.

The site shows an appalling lack of originality even to the point of being a copy of the flicker layout, are they perhaps owned by the same group I wonder?

ScionShade

Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing

They could ..really...have done something a little more flatting,
but it's still funnay!

Post Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:18 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Who cares? They are not going to make money off that crap.
Hell, we (not me Shocked ) all take images off the web and use them. We at least try to create something new from it but we (not me Shocked ) are just as guilty. Cool (not me Shocked ) Laughing

Okidokie I get the message.

I'm a member of pixeleyes-com (previously photoshoptalent-com) and we never ever use copyrighted material, it's a siterule which everyone (needs to) respects. Personally I take pride in what I create without ever touching © material. Therefor I will always hunt down those who touches my chops in any form.

The reason I started this post was to warn you all about this site; feeling my chops are mine and expected others to feel the same way. It's 100% up to you and your moderators how to respond to it and deal with it. If you feel it's OK, that fine by me. If you don't it's up to you to respond.

Respect.

rett435

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:10 am   Reply with quote         

Is polyvore making money off the images?? Or is Claf actually selling this for $99.99?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - STOLEN ART AT polyvore-com - Reply to topic