Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - I'm going to piss people off and then go on vacation. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

ReinMan

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:41 pm   Reply with quote         

pearlie wrote:
Yes, you're right about the former name, but I believe it's a guy running it - his username is Mister Monty, the site is run from Belgium. Not that it matters... there is a lot of good talent on that site, and for better or for worse, some people give constructive comments.......... hmmmmm, what a concept. Rolling Eyes

SILENCE, PEARLIE! And FETCH ME ANOTHER MOJITO, DAMMIT!

( Raising Brow uppity chicks EVERYWHERE these days!!! Evil or Very Mad)

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:09 pm   Reply with quote         

sort of on topic and in light of similar recent threads...I found this little gem from way back in '05...

http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2496&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Angel

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:21 pm   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:

I don't need a week... i have just 2 days a week to chop for the whole week and my personal challenge is in the fact to not walk away for any source... And there is that time difference...

How many people fall into this category of having 2 days a week to chop every single image everyday?

Should all other members be required to use a system, because of one or two people's personal ambition or schedule?

splodge

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:49 pm   Reply with quote         

chopper's back Smile
old school instant chops coming soon

Hallcross Toots
Tesore

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Chopper wrote:
Tesore wrote:

I don't need a week... i have just 2 days a week to chop for the whole week and my personal challenge is in the fact to not walk away for any source... And there is that time difference...

How many people fall into this category of having 2 days a week to chop every single image everyday?

Should all other members be required to use a system, because of one or two people's personal ambition or schedule?

Of course NOT!
What I mean = every single one of us has something to deal with. But I can only speak for myself.

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:
Of course NOT!
What I mean = every single one of us has something to deal with. But I can only speak for myself.

I see. Yeah, it's a tough call, because everyone has their own agenda. I just remember the energy around here was a lot higher, because everyone worked on an image and got to see people vote and comment on the image immediately after they posted. So it was a lot more exciting to chop. Sort of like immediate gratification for the work you just did.

janetdog

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
YIPPY! I just got my walking papers this morning and a pretty nice sererance pkg. too! Maybe I'll try to chop more often. Very Happy

Damn that sucks. I'd suggest you hold off on Hawaii. Things are getting really tough out there. I met a former union operating engineer (40 bucks an hour) the other night. He was pink slipped last year right before Christmas. It took him six months and 120 job applications to secure a 7 dollar an hour job as a security guard. He now watches over a half completed construction site that will not be completed as the financial structure backing it collapsed.

Good luck Eve...

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:11 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
I was asked if it is the lack of good sources that is the reason for the decline in numbers. (now here is where I piss everyone off.)
I relied:
Good choppers can chop anything.
It's a lack of cutting edge ideas. Images that make you think and feel something. Not just how they did it but how they came up with such a genius idea and translated in an image. I gotta be honest. I find myself just voting on which image sucks the least instead of having a hard choice over which image is more awesome. Maybe I'm a prick and not politically correct but if a baseball team doesn't have at least one great player on it, the stadium seats will be empty.
There are some star players but they don't play consistantly enough to keep the people coming back for more.
I am also not saying that I am one of the greats. And I am not looking for the good ole days, just better new ones.
If I was a new visitor now, I don't think I would see anything that would make me want to join. (unless I hit it on a good day.) There should always be at least 2 kick ass images in the contest. JMHO
I find myself glancing over contests and not wanting to vote at all. I don't want to have to zoom in to see if someone did a lot of work. I want something to grab my interest and then I will take a closer look.
Maybe there have been some great images lately, but not on the days I looked. It should be consistant. You can't have a successful restaurant if the food is great one day and not the other.

Thanks for all your compliments ReyRey.... Sure makes me what to try harder.

Next time your glancing over the contests, maybe stop and think that everyone is not a good as you. Maybe they are doing the best they can and are at least chopping instead of starting threads about how everyone work sucks.

Cheers

Shocked Confused Laughing Laughing

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:42 pm   Reply with quote         

badcop wrote:
I don't mean to be a stickler for rules, Rey, but between baseball attendance, successful restaurants and tasty pancake recipes, I'm afraid you've reached your analogy quota for the day.

You're just going to have to do without them.
It's like a prostitute who only has one arm. When she

Oh forget it. You're better at those than I am.

This is why I should post in the "badpig is a goddess" thread....

I snorted.

For real.

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:15 pm   Reply with quote         

TJ wrote:
ReyRey wrote:

Maybe there have been some great images lately, but not on the days I looked. It should be consistant. You can't have a successful restaurant if the food is great one day and not the other.

Thanks for all your compliments ReyRey.... Sure makes me what to try harder.

Next time your glancing over the contests, maybe stop and think that everyone is not a good as you. Maybe they are doing the best they can and are at least chopping instead of starting threads about how everyone work sucks.

Cheers

Shocked Confused Laughing Laughing

I agree with you, Todd.

I noticed that ReyRey hardly ever votes.Could he post one of his great images once a week, maybe even offer a tutorial to go with it ?
Or take one of those images that"suck", and offer improvements to the poster??
Rolling Eyes

ScionShade

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Tommeken wrote:
there's nothing wrong with the source pics but i think it would be better if there was no source pic voting..let it come as it comes..then it would be a suprise for everybody...

I like that thought very much.

ReinMan

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:07 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
Tommeken wrote:
there's nothing wrong with the source pics but i think it would be better if there was no source pic voting..let it come as it comes..then it would be a suprise for everybody...

I like that thought very much.

Yup - no warning. 2 day Advantage MAX. Chop Chop Chop.

(I hope no one wakes me from this nice dream.... drunken)

rockyjob

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:13 pm   Reply with quote         

pearlie wrote:
Yes, an opinion..... ok, for Splodge and any other mod, member, newbie or oldtimer...... the site that YerPalAl dragged me away from (but where we met Very Happy ) had something called Step-By-Step, or SBS, whereby you would upload several significant steps in your chop, so that others could see all the work you did, and how it was done, which I thought was quite a benefit. Only if a chop was pretty simple and straightforward was that not a requirement.

Also, and imperative on that site, was to upload your 'external' images - and unlike the (thankfully) lax attitude on this site, they could NOT be copyrighted images. There was a place to upload those, also. Another way to see what was done.

The original site has begun anew here: http://www.pxleyes.com/

Doing these things might be a pain in the butt, but some of us are here to learn, and it would be an enormous help to see these implemented.

Thank you. Thankyouverymuch. Idea

wow... if we all came to that site we would kick those guys' asses real bad..
or at least would've if we weren't so busy replying to this shit.... Laughing
(yeah I know, I'm adding to it too...Rolling Eyes )

rockyjob

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:17 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
blah, blah... blah

Rey is right (or whoever said it)Laughing ... fuck 30 days advantage! I just want some change..

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - I'm going to piss people off and then go on vacation. - Reply to topic