Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Goodbye Mouse - Reply to topic

Maliciously Delicious

Post Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:14 pm   Reply with quote         

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/playback/playback-63/1334841

So it starts with wireless,controllerless gaming made by whom, Bill Gates. (who plans on taking over the world sooner than later)
That quickly merges into PC's following suit. Where will that leave designers? Will we be the old people still using feather and ink so to speak? Will they be able to implement a feature for designers? Will there be new tools available with the motion of your hands? Could it possibly bring back the days of old by digital painting on your screen like a stretched piece of canvas? I believe in 5 years 50% of homes will have this type of computer. Your thoughts?

- Alexander Graham Bell

Post Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Bill Gates also said spam will be a thing of the past in 2 years (that was in 2004)

Post Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Oh, I definitely think so. Another benefit, so far unspoken, is a healthier user base. Instead of sitting on our bottoms and shoving a mouse or joystick around, programmers, not just for games but also for office applications, could/should/might be urged to develop apps that needed the user to interface using the entire body, as Cruise was shown doing, so as to get some exercise back into our daily routine. Office workers who are on their feet leaping and twisting around would be in better shape and that would lower health care and insurance costs over the long haul.

Bill Gates has been wrong in the past, and so has Steve Jobs, but I think the man is dead right with this one.

Yeah, go ahead and laugh at the idea, but wait and see. Smile

splodge

Post Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:51 pm   Reply with quote         

do i have to stand up to use it Sad

Hallcross Toots
YerPalAl

Post Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:01 pm   Reply with quote         

They'll probably have a "Wave Yer Wanker" option for guys with special abilities. Wink

Maliciously Delicious

Post Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:09 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
do i have to stand up to use it Sad

that's the other side of the coin...Most gamers are well, over-weight which is why REAL gamers do not play the Wii. I am interested in seeing how they handle First Person Shooters being a gamer myself (although not over-weight Cool )

- Alexander Graham Bell
splodge

Post Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:23 pm   Reply with quote         

Maliciously Delicious
dont get me wrong, i'm perfectly on weight for a guy with no legs, i'm not some fat yank, i just dont like standing up.
well maybe i do, 98% of bilateral amputees never walk again, but i gotta get to the bar some how. Smile

Hallcross Toots
Paul Von Stetina

Post Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:05 pm   Reply with quote         

They are making some major breakthroughs with virtual gear, its always been about comfort and ease of use, I was checking out the vuzix glasses and found that they also make video eyewear for people that suffer from Macular Degeneration like my mother, in terms of changes that are coming, I think this is where were heading.

http://www.vuzix.com/home/index.html

glennhanna

Post Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:05 am   Reply with quote         

as far as working with 3D software, I can see the benefits of this. But right now, to navigate through windows, I use mostly one finger and subtle movements of my wrist to do all that was shown in the video. The gestures shown were a joke, standing and waving ones arm about to do the exact same thing a simple mouse does right now with 10 percent of that effort. I prefer the concept for the Wii Headtracking by Johny Lee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Goodbye Mouse - Reply to topic