Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - splodges funeral - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

hellsg8

Post Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:17 pm   Reply with quote         

just to inform you all splodges funeral was perfect everything was fantastic sooooo many bikes so many ppl it was a celebration of the life of splodge i cannot begin to tell you how wonderful it was to have so many people who loved such a man all in the same room i managed to keep myself together thruout while reading a poem whilst i dont think there was a dry eye in the house i didnt dare raise my head to look or i would have totally lost it i can honestley say it was a most amazing experience xxxxxxxxgoodnite my sweet prince i will love you forever xxxxxxxx

Post Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:23 pm   Reply with quote         

((((HUGS))))) Now I am all teary eyed.

Crying or Very sad

Goodbye, Splodge. You will be missed!

http://www.track4va.com

Post Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:57 pm   Reply with quote         

That's great that it went so well, I wish I could have been there

Post Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Thank you for keeping us posted, Tina.

I am sure we all join you in your feelings.

Cheers,

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:54 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm not surprised to hear this...he was well loved, as are you Tina.

I understand the difficulty of speaking at a deeply loved one's funeral/memorial service. One of the most difficult things I did in my life was deliver my brother's eulogy when cancer took him too young.

I applaud you for getting up there and doing that (avoiding eye contact when needed) It was a tribute to Splodge and a part of your own closure so that you can move on yourself. But please know that when you did that, you also helped others with their own grieving process. You did everyone at the service a great thing, Tina. You helped them deal with their own emotions and bring all this to a close for them.

I'm confident you did a great job and now that it's all over, you can make your first baby steps into getting back to some sort of normalcy.

I hope your "normalcy" doesn't take you too far away from PSC...we love you Tina!!!

Post Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:26 pm   Reply with quote         

salut

Mir

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:50 am   Reply with quote         

Thank you for taking the time to post here Tina, you have helped us to feel as if we were there too. We all needed to say our goodbyes. Take care Tina and please remember that you have friends here if you ever need to talk.
DaVinci

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:59 am   Reply with quote         

Glad to hear it all went well and so many people showed up!
He sure will be missed, Splodge Rocks!

anfa

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:09 am   Reply with quote         

It was fucking awesome!!!! The atmosphere in the Hallcross was fantastic! He'll be missed by so many people, it's hard to comprehend!!!! SPLODGE ROCKS!!!

Granulated

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:54 am   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
It was fucking awesome!!!! The atmosphere in the Hallcross was fantastic! He'll be missed by so many people, it's hard to comprehend!!!! SPLODGE ROCKS!!!

Indeed...and the service was just lovely. All very emotional. All sorts of emotions.

annajon

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:00 pm   Reply with quote         

We here on Photoshopcontest.com were all represented by Granulated, Anfa and myself. I was invited to come up next to Splodge, and speak to the family and friends. I will give you the second part of that.

Dear family, friends, bikers and all,

When Tina got online and told us Splodge was gone, none of us wanted to belief her, but soon enough the truth rang through. And all of us on PSC were wondering how we would cope with that, because Splodge was, to all of us on PSC, the Go-To-Guy - who was around 24-7 when you had a problem. Any kind of problem it seemed. He was generally looked at as the heart and soul of the PSC.
At 6th of September we got that dreaded call. The System had crashed, and there was no chance of a re-boot, time itself had pulled the plug, Splodge had left PSC chat for good. He has left his life, but not ours, dare I say? We will recover him, each in our own way.
"It’s official, I am falling apart" he wrote in his final facebook note. Well, we have picked up the pieces and are left with another quote: "I am too good for you lot!" That was what he usually wrote, after our most important emergency call that never seemed to be a problem for him at all. And when he was holding the fort on the site, usually at daytime and more over at night – He couldn’t stop bragging about the loves in his life.
There is Hex, his dog who is so very silly, and Tina, his wife, who is the love of his life. And then there is Max the crazy old cat and Zoe, his beautiful daughter who carries a badge. And then there is Brett, his photographer son, and Tina’s children, Alan and Mel, with his step grandson Taylor and then, you see, in a weird strange way, they all became part of the extended Photoshop family.
So from all of us, around the world – our hearts go out to you today. There is enough left to say, but that chat will have to be another day.
Rock on dear Splodge, where ever you went, this life is saved, filed and published, forever, the end.

lancoma

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:50 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm in shock...I didn't know splodge is gone Shocked

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:32 pm   Reply with quote         

thank you for that annajon Hug

Mir

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:45 pm   Reply with quote         

beautiful words annajon Hug
Wiz

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:00 pm   Reply with quote         

"Thanks for the update Tina, I can't help but think of Matthew's eulogy for Gareth in the movie 'Four Weddings and a Funeral' as I read your missive.
(That had me almost in tears too, as it was a very heartfelt send-off for a very dear friend).

Sit down and have a little read, if you have the time...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109831/quotes

I just hope someone gives me such a send-off, when it comes to my turn front up with St Peter! Wink

Take care of yourself, we all Luv's Ya!

Wiz

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - splodges funeral - Reply to topic