Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Join the YPA Fan Club!!! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

tophatpainter

Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:38 am   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
Hi, first of all, thanks for this thread, warms my heart it does. Smile

And on the PSC calendar, I believe it has been suggested many times in the past and Rey's response is entirely correct. Monitor resolution is far different from print resolution and much of the work done here, while looking good on the screen, would not look particularly good printed. In my case, my files are done 16"x20" @ 300 ppi and reproduce beautifully in that size in giclee prints and so look fine on the calendar. Also, I make sure to do 90% of the photograph myself and buy the rest from online photo banks which clears the dreaded copyright issues.

There is a program called SmillaEnlarger (its free!!) that PcWorld is distributing. It enlarges photos without destroying resolution. http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,80366/description.html Also, I create my images as large as I can, then downsize when I'm done: leaving the original .psd file alone for later use. I imagine others do the same (and would if they knew their work might be in print). The original for my little Cheshire cat is huge and would print just fine. Aaaand, to be honest, if you put a couple images (the best of June, etc), on one page you'd still have a pretty tasty looking calender. And with sites like Zazzle and cafe press, there's no reason that this site can't have it's own merch site. These things run themselves for the most part and have no up front fees. There are sites like them that allow you to print calender's and post cards on demand, again with no start up cost.

Just some humble suggestions. Embarassed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Join the YPA Fan Club!!! - Reply to topic