Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Should I or Should I not? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

soulrock

Post Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:49 am   Reply with quote         

bogonet wrote:
soulrock wrote:
Hello guys!
I love this topic!
Now I'm exposed to another know how!
Tablet?
To tell you frankly, here in our place i didn't see anyone use this one. Maybe those rough professionals! lol!
Is this thing can really help your chop better? In our school, we usually use a mouse and our instructor never told us about this thing, tablet!

I'll research for this one........

I'm just really new to art break through. If this thing can help my chop better, yeah, I wish I could have my own! I thinks it's expensive. Hoping is free, so, I have to wait for my tablet! heheheh!

Happy Holidays everyone!

Change class or teacher then Smile
Yes, it is indeed a nice addition. You're gonna use both the tablet and the mouse. I found pen invaluable for painting shadows/highlights, not that coudln't be done with mouse only, but accuracy is far greater and time spent it's ten times shorter. I currently use Wacom Intuos 3 A5 Wide, and for those who own one, there is a new driver release (november i think) with few new features for windows 7 (maybe works on vista too, didn't check it).

About the size, dunno who asked, it's good to be big because you have the option to limit its "active" area to whatever serves you the best, customizing it for your style and type of work, so better has a reserve than work on a too high level of zoom and miss the whole picture, forced to see it by zooming in and out often (in case you don't have dual monitor).

Write a letter to Santa, for now mention a less expensive one, to not piss him off from the beginning, and next year, depends on your results dare to ask for an upgrade Smile

Happy Holidays to you too!

Thank you very much bogonet!
Now I know!
As your testimony goes!By the way, I think I'm not gonna change my instructor! lol!

But the problem is, I don't know if the tablet is available here in our place. Because we are late from every innovations.

I'll try to inquire for it.

Maybe someday I can have my own! Late but it's better than never.
For now, mouse is enough for me. This will be my very best friend when it comes to chopping.
In the first place, I have no personal computer, I guess that would be my first priority.

I'm not gonna write santa coz he will not gonna make it!

Thanks a lot!
It enlightens me more and it increases my know how!

dunno

Post Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:52 am   Reply with quote         

Dechene... really... you dont want any tablet/pen using batteries. you dont.

To answer your question for size: i have currently a tiny wacom with 3.5"x 5" active area (around that) - and for me that works already much nice and better than any mouse!
From my experience it depends on your "dexterity" (might be the right word). So, if you work more... uhm... expressive... you might wanna have a bigger "canvas"/tablet. If you are capable of average fine motor skills, then you shouldn't worry about 6"x 8".

Just my opinion. Smile

ReinMan

Post Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:54 am   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:
I got one of this not long ago and it works flawlessly with photoshop cs4.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280437294013

WACOM MTE 450 BAMBOO for $70 with free shipping.

That's the same one I have. It's a great deal. I say get this one and use it for a year or so. If you end up loving it, then (like many things in ComputerLand) you can upgrade it to a "better" model. You can sell the old one to a friend or keep in your laptop bag for mobile work.

SIZE: For most the smaller size works. You use your wrist a lot with the small size and you don't have to make BIG hand / arm movements to covers those two monitors of yours. (in other words, 8" of tablet covers all your monitor width.) Most people don't realized you gotta really whip your hand AND arms around more on a BIG tablet. Put a normal pen in your hand, and then rest your and in the middle of a piece of paper. Then start scribbling with your hand resting there and see how much area you cover. 6 to 8" will do for most people.

If you are already a painter or drawer this probably won't be an issue, but do keep it in mind.

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:17 pm   Reply with quote         

rockyjob wrote:
I didn't get a little upgrade, got a HUGE one..
Intuos 4 large 12.8 by 8, ExpressKeys that glow and tell what YOU programmed them for. TouchRing that works very well with multiple functions. No batteries at all. It's just great.

Ehh,$150 bucks for 12 by 9 tablet seems a bit too good to be true, you know what I mean? The pen probably is heavy and it might scratch the tablet a lot. I think it's a waste of money. Unless you can get a refund and try it out. Otherwise, I wouldn't buy an unknown tablet

Im with Rockyjob on this one...

I held out and got a Wacom intuos4 large, and love it. i spoiled myself right from the start, so i have nothing to compare it too aside from the touchpad on a laptop... it was worth it to me.

Post Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:13 pm   Reply with quote         

I like the small ones.
Fit better on the bed when I'm using the laptop.
And, like Reinman, said...much smaller hand movements involved.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Should I or Should I not? - Reply to topic