Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Tees for Haiti - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

sirenka

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:56 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Why not just send the money to the red cross and screw the shirt? Wink

jasper

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:18 pm   Reply with quote         

what's all this talk about trees for Haiti? I think they need buildings and food and water and medical attention.

...tees?

oh, ok.

never mind...

sirenka

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:32 pm   Reply with quote         

yes, they need medical help and food and new houses. nothing can replace lost of their families.
everyone can choose his own way for helping Haiti people.
It doesn't matter the way, it matters that people help

Tesore

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:42 pm   Reply with quote         

In The Netherlands it's 'National action day for Haíti', radio, TV, everybody is doing something... children washing cars ect. ect.
€ 29,806,341.-- almost 30 million... still counting!!!
Very Happy

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:54 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:

Because if you send money to the Red Cross, what you'll get in return is a receipt.

However, if you buy this tshirt, a cute girl on the bus will notice it and ask what the words mean, to which you'll respond, "oh this? it's a Haitian proverb meaning, 'many hands make the load lighter', it's part of my contribution to the relief effort".

At that point, she'll throw her phone number at you, and in a few days you'll meet up at a
funky out-of-the-way lounge where you'll eat calamari while discussing foreign policy, philanthropy, and where you're ticklish.

I can go on, but I think that answers your question.

jasper

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:57 pm   Reply with quote         

whatever way it takes to get people to open their wallets, I say, go for it. I think they raised 5 million here people calling in, some for the odd chance of speaking with a celebrity operator.

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:01 pm   Reply with quote         

badcop wrote:
ReyRey wrote:

Because if you send money to the Red Cross, what you'll get in return is a receipt.

However, if you buy this tshirt, a cute girl on the bus will notice it and ask what the words mean, to which you'll respond, "oh this? it's a Haitian proverb meaning, 'many hands make the load lighter', it's part of my contribution to the relief effort".

At that point, she'll throw her phone number at you, and in a few days you'll meet up at a funky out-of-way lounge where you'll eat calamari while discussing foreign policy, philanthropy, and where you're ticklish.

I can go on, but I think that answers your question.
Nailed the reasoning. Laughing

Procyon
Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:09 pm   Reply with quote         

with the red cross you get a tax receipt, so you'll end up paying less taxes on your income tax. here in Canada the Canadian government will also match your donation when you donate to certain charities, so I'd have to say that the red cross would be a better choice. I don't need a second gf Wink

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:37 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree, and donate to the Red Cross & Doctors Without Borders.
Our government will double the amount today... but that's our own tax money I think Laughing

Love the T-shirt Sirenka!

What happens in Haíti is a nightmare... so every penny counts! Lost your love ones, more than a week without food or even water... or medication for everyone who needed it... the horror!!!

annajon

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Round midnight the score in the Netherlands was 41.6 million euros, which was doubled by the government. So almost 83+ million Euros today.... and more tomorrow I am sure.

No idea what the other countries in Europe are doing, but it must be a lot of money when you add it all up. What would one hospital cost? Or a school? Or a block of flats? In view of that, how little can you do with 82 million Euros, even in Haiti?

Shocked Confused Crying or Very sad

ReyRey

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:50 pm   Reply with quote         

The people in Haiti are suffering. Why would you tease them. Evil or Very Mad What? Shocked Oh. you said tees. Embarassed Nevermind

L@rue

Post Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:22 am   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
Round midnight the score in the Netherlands was 41.6 million euros, which was doubled by the government. So almost 83+ million Euros today.... and more tomorrow I am sure.

No idea what the other countries in Europe are doing, but it must be a lot of money when you add it all up. What would one hospital cost? Or a school? Or a block of flats? In view of that, how little can you do with 82 million Euros, even in Haiti?

Shocked Confused Crying or Very sad

Well... you can surely do lots with that money
Of course... they will have to be careful when it will be the time to choose the " Honest Contractors"
Just hope that they will not choose the same contractors that they have choosen to rebuild Irak, because "Some of them were really a bunch of bandits" Rolling Eyes

glennhanna

Post Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:04 am   Reply with quote         

badcop wrote:

However, if you buy this tshirt, a cute girl on the bus....

What bus are you riding? I thought cute girls weren't allowed on buses.

Isn't it funny how the outside of a public bus has advertisements for tv shows, auto insurance, Pepsi-Cola, but then when get into the bus, all the advertisements are for Planned Parenthood, STD prevention, domestic abuse, and Drug, Alcohol, and Gambling problem hotlines?

DaVinci

Post Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:29 am   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:
In The Netherlands it's 'National action day for Haíti', radio, TV, everybody is doing something... children washing cars ect. ect.
€ 29,806,341.-- almost 30 million... still counting!!!
Very Happy

€83.44 million thumright

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Tees for Haiti - Reply to topic