Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - WINNER TOFUTHEGREAT - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

If ya looking ya voting K

IMAGE 1

19%

19%

[ 11 ]

IMAGE 2

80%

80%

[ 45 ]

Total Votes: 56

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:15 pm   Reply with quote         

NinjaNumberNine wrote:
... I guess since this is just a friendly competition and the results are pretty much obvious who's gonna win it's safe to say that I did the Egyptian one... I agree with all the criticism- I should have taken more time on getting it right... Thanks for all the feedback though. I know I'm not an artist but maybe someday... Very Happy

NNN

Wow. Coulda waited for the voting to end. It's only a couple days. Lots of people haven't seen the match yet.

Oh well. At least you learned a lesson about spending your time and how the forum works. Stick around kid. Keep participating and learning. Cool

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:48 pm   Reply with quote         

NinjaNumberNine wrote:

Thanks for the opinion, I always like feedback. I guess since this is just a friendly competition and the results are pretty much obvious who's gonna win it's safe to say that I did the Egyptian one... I agree with all the criticism- I should have taken more time on getting it right... Thanks for all the feedback though. I know I'm not an artist but maybe someday... Very Happy

NNN

it has nothing to do with who does what... It has to do with what who does. Had I thought yours was better, I would have voted on it not really giving a shit about who does it. it is the idea and the execution.

This type of contest is just for fun, but it can build community merit which is another way to say respect. You are among some of the best artists around in here, some of the not as awesome but can hold their own such as me, and some people who plain out suck, but its about learning, fun, and competing.. when your chops reach a level, your going to get votes.. If its boring, bad, cliche, and unfinished you wont.

Sometimes you can have one of the best ideas, but it wont win.. there are no laws here on how people vote, but i can tell ya, in this contest.. voters are anonymous so people will vote for what they like.

Remember your dealing with a community of artist with artist attitudes. Were kind of like a family of copperhead snakes.... some wont bite, some are aggressive, some are sneaky, but we all have one thing in common.. we like art. Impress us, not with words.. do as tofu said.. stick around and learn, you can do it, but its up to you..

afterall, everyone in this forum was a newbie at one time.

Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:59 am   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
The second image looks like it was made in Photoshop. The first image looks like it was made in GIMP.
You're just sayin that cause I said I used GIMP. I've seen some trashier ones with the same look that were done in photoshop. Just look at some other photoshoppers' badly cloned entries in the contests! Very Happy Twisted Evil
@SCWIDVICIOUS: Thanks. Oh and maybe the story would have made a difference... I really didn't mean for the cloned image to be the same texture. He was a ghost statue. I imagine this post might get deleted again, but here was the original (I have some witnesses here that I didn't just make it up now, sent it to blue lurker as well)

FULFILLMENT OF THE THRONE

No one really knows where the last king of the largest shrine of Abu Simel is. The legend has it that invading tribes from North Africa, after losing a bitter war to the Egyptians, were leaving the country in disgrace when some of the angry warriors attacked the shrine, cutting a large chunk from the second king- but mysteriously, the piece was never found. Made of an enourmous chunk of sandstone, the statue weighed several thousand tons and would have been virtually impossible to move- but then no one knows how the pyramids were built either. Could it be- magic? On July 23, 2009, the archaeologists and tourist were shocked senseless when a new, ghostly statue appeared- The lost ruler of the empty throne had reappeared! Partially transparent and looking strikingly like an aviation-geared clown in an amusement park in NY (some say) the new king has a smiling face and seems content to stay where he is- but then again no one knows what a ghost statue might do, truth be told.
Twisted Evil

Michel

Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:46 am   Reply with quote         

NinjaNumberNine wrote:

No one really knows where the last king of the largest shrine of Abu Simel is. The legend has it that invading tribes from North Africa, after losing a bitter war to the Egyptians, were leaving the country in disgrace when some of the angry warriors attacked the shrine, cutting a large chunk from the second king- but mysteriously, the piece was never found. Made of an enourmous chunk of sandstone, the statue weighed several thousand tons and would have been virtually impossible to move- but then no one knows how the pyramids were built either. Could it be- magic? On July 23, 2009, the archaeologists and tourist were shocked senseless when a new, ghostly statue appeared- The lost ruler of the empty throne had reappeared! Partially transparent and looking strikingly like an aviation-geared clown in an amusement park in NY (some say) the new king has a smiling face and seems content to stay where he is- but then again no one knows what a ghost statue might do, truth be told.
Twisted Evil

Good story, it ads to the whole experience, but the ghostly image should show some of the broken rocks through.

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:05 pm   Reply with quote         

double post, please delete this one.

Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:07 pm   Reply with quote         

fair enough Smile The story does help. also i had never seen the original, so i was totally clueless as i never really studed into that much.

Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:41 pm   Reply with quote         

You're right NNN. The Story does explain a lot of the image. Also explains the look of the bust.

Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:52 pm   Reply with quote         

I sorta thought the story would help sort it out... Very Happy
Anyways this challenge at least gets Tofu a Chopperdome sig, (so you gotta thank me for losing) Twisted Evil

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:11 pm   Reply with quote         

NinjaNumberNine wrote:
I sorta thought the story would help sort it out... Very Happy
Anyways this challenge at least gets Tofu a Chopperdome sig, (so you gotta thank me for losing) Twisted Evil
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:04 pm   Reply with quote         

They really need to change the laughing smiley here- looks like it's throwing up. Very Happy
Laughing

arcaico

Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:04 pm   Reply with quote         

this link should help you, ninjakid...

http://www.merriam-webster.com/netdict/depth

And a piece of advice... Gimp is not and will never be as good as Photoshop. Quit being a rebel and start using Photoshop. noob...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Quick advice- quit trying to win over "noobs" by calling them such. And calling someone a rebel will only make them more rebellious. Twisted Evil And no ninja is kid, no age/date he gives is correct, no slang ever used. And that goes for profanity as well. Besides, I am willing to admit that GIMP isn't as good as PhotoShop in some areas, but those areas are NOT -I repeat, NOT- worth $700 USD. Forget it. And the GIMP GUI is way better than PS's. Don't you forget that. I've used PS and hated it. ADOBE IS EVIL! Twisted Evil
Besides, if there were no PS you'd use GIMP wouldn't you? And you'd appreciate GIMP more if it was commercial software, right?

End of argument- I don't enjoy repeating myself. Evil or Very Mad

NinjaNumberNine

arcaico

Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:40 pm   Reply with quote         

yeah... i guess I just proved my point... hence your lack of interest on "depth" and excess of interest on defending yourself against the words "noob", "rebel" and "kid".

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:37 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
yeah... i guess I just proved my point... hence your lack of interest on "depth" and excess of interest on defending yourself against the words "noob", "rebel" and "kid".

[content removed] Twisted Evil
-you wouldn't wanna see it, has to do with your innapropriate sig. Razz

Sanctuary

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:34 am   Reply with quote         

Bump

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - WINNER TOFUTHEGREAT - Reply to topic