Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H Round 4 in review - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post Mon May 31, 2010 8:37 am   Reply with quote         

Napalm32 wrote:
Granulated wrote:
Granulated wrote:
Grats to all winners.

Still baffled that I lost so heavilly. Just wondering...did ANYONE get my theme?

It seems that most (including the people that voted for me) didn't even notice the sad face formed by the facets let alone the artists on the LP sleeves. (Aaliyah, Buddy Holly, Lynard Skynard (yeh..hard to get that one) and John Denver. All died in airplane accidents)

Guess I should have run with my initial Star Wars Pod-Racer theme!!

Ah well, I would have been crucified by VPP next round anyway Laughing

good luck in the next round.

WHY has only one person answered my question ????

voting is subjective Gran. 83 vs 39 is not so badly......consider that your opponent did it really great

Awe cheers Napalm thumright yeah i thought i was going to be out that round. Im very happy and grateful that i have done so well.

Im going to say it again because i just cant believe how much ive improved at photoshop all because of the PSC community! so THANK YOU Very Happy

YerPalAl

Post Mon May 31, 2010 2:46 pm   Reply with quote         

OK Granulated, my answer is sometimes you can be too subtle. I completely missed the dead celebs treatment, really could identify the album covers as they were too small and, well, UPSIDE DOWN! I just didn't fel like turning my laptop upside down to see who the music was.

Nor did I pick up on the frownie face, I DID think the albums were laid out in a rather odd way and devoted, oh perhaps, 1.7 seconds wondering why the author had done that before pushing the vote button.

Remember, no expanded view in the H2H so the albums were pretty much a wasted effort, although since you have explained it a nice touch.

Sorry man.

Tesore

Post Mon May 31, 2010 4:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:
Granulated wrote:
Grats to all winners.

Still baffled that I lost so heavilly. Just wondering...did ANYONE get my theme?

It seems that most (including the people that voted for me) didn't even notice the sad face formed by the facets let alone the artists on the LP sleeves. (Aaliyah, Buddy Holly, Lynard Skynard (yeh..hard to get that one) and John Denver. All died in airplane accidents)

I only saw the face... stupid of me... cause I know the artists and the story's. Sorry!!!

Post Mon May 31, 2010 4:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:
Granulated wrote:
Granulated wrote:
Grats to all winners.

I only saw the face... stupid of me... cause I know the artists and the story's. Sorry!!!
. Are you pissed off that no one got
the story of your chop? Or are you pissed of that you didn't win?

Hagen

Post Mon May 31, 2010 5:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Sorry Andy but I didn't notice all those subtle details...! But now that you talked about them...! Guess we're too stupid Laughing...! I will pay more attention next time...

Now I'm wondering if I did not miss something special when you used that pumpkin to turn it into a pig ass some months ago...? Very Happy

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/158967/oink-.html

glennhanna

Post Mon May 31, 2010 7:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:
.... All died in airplane accidents.

Never would I have noticed that. And no, I did not see the sad face either. But thanks for shedding light on the missed message. I don't think you sound pissed at all, you said great job to the winners, and good luck. I just think you want people to see that your entry was more than just a pair of giant speakers. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Post Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:14 am   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
Granulated wrote:

Never would I have noticed that. And no, I did not see the sad face either. But thanks for shedding light on the missed message. I don't think you sound pissed at all, you said great job to the winners, and good luck. I just think you want people to see that your entry was more than just a pair of giant speakers. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Yes glen I agree theres nothing wrong with explaining the theme of your work if you feel it has been missed but to say you are "baffled to lose so heavily" makes me think that he is upset with the result ??

Post Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:07 am   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:
Granulated wrote:
Granulated wrote:
Grats to all winners.

OK i see your smiley face and i get that all the musicians died in a plane crash..taking that in consideration!!!!!! THE BEST CHOP WON

Post Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:44 am   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
Granulated wrote:

I agree with this.
Gran PMed me a couple of days ago asking me if I caught the idea of his chop. Like everybody, I didn't see it. And I told him why not sharing it on a thread because I was pretty sure nobody saw it... I think it was very good & original. But surely too subtle for an H2H... this image needed a description of concept. I remarked Buddy Holly album cover but I never made any relation with all the details whatever if I took really the time to look at it. For H2H, because there's no author's note & externals to show, we have to figure things differently. And that is a good example.

I also can understand that Gran was surprised that it wasn't a tighter result because it was an excellent work. Starman chop was very good too, but I anyway preferred Gran image for the originality & execution... even if I did not understand the concept... just my opinion.
Smile

Post Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:05 am   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
glennhanna wrote:
Granulated wrote:

I agree with this.
Gran PMed me a couple of days ago asking me if I caught the idea of his chop. Like everybody, I didn't see it. And I told him why not sharing it on a thread because I was pretty sure nobody saw it... I think it was very good & original. But surely too subtle for an H2H... this image needed a description of concept. I remarked Buddy Holly album cover but I never made any relation with all the details whatever if I took really the time to look at it. For H2H, because there's no author's note & externals to show, we have to figure things differently. And that is a good example.

I also can understand that Gran was surprised that it wasn't a tighter result because it was an excellent work. Starman chop was very good too, but I anyway preferred Gran image for the originality & execution... even if I did not understand the concept... just my opinion.
Smile

Yeah i thought gran was going to get the win. his chop was very clean. and now that i got the win im up against vvp Crying or Very sad well it was fun Laughing Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H Round 4 in review - Reply to topic