Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Reunion - Head to head - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Napalm32

Post Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:28 am   Reply with quote         

Keep this thread live guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Up up up ....

blue_lurker

Post Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:25 am   Reply with quote         

I don't think we would have the numbers at the moment to launch a great h2h...reunion may be the go and whilst people are here may haps get some advertisement for a H2H or Scavhunt type thing...but you need a lot more chopper traffic for a H2H.

Im up for helping get a red onion contest going.

(Red Onion is a reunion contest...splodge use to call em Red Onion just to let ya know) Very Happy

DaVinci

Post Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:34 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
I don't think we would have the numbers at the moment to launch a great h2h...reunion may be the go and whilst people are here may haps get some advertisement for a H2H or Scavhunt type thing...but you need a lot more chopper traffic for a H2H.

Im up for helping get a red onion contest going.

(Red Onion is a reunion contest...splodge use to call em Red Onion just to let ya know) Very Happy

A "Red Onion" contest seems more easy to realise than a H2H at the moment yes.
Especially when you give them enough time to chop, like a week! AND we need a great source photo, not another stove Rolling Eyes Wink

Napalm32

Post Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:33 am   Reply with quote         

let's go for the Red Onion then... Razz

Sh!Za

Post Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:29 am   Reply with quote         

Napalm32 wrote:
let's go for the Red Onion then... Razz

very good! finally WTD can show his polite side! great Very Happy

Post Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:55 am   Reply with quote         

LETS DO IT! Cool

Post Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:30 pm   Reply with quote         

mikey wrote:
LETS DO IT! Cool

Just decide when?

blue_lurker

Post Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:00 pm   Reply with quote         

It takes a while to sort these things out you Know Smile

Trann

Post Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Am I out yet?

Tesore

Post Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:57 am   Reply with quote         

Wait for me!

Oh... you did. Sorry... I just love red onions Razz

tpsimer

Post Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:43 am   Reply with quote         

acemanoj wrote:
Napalm32 wrote:

This site looks like it is near to die Evil or Very Mad

Agree with this. Sorry to say that...but even most of the members(which are from 3, 4 years or more) will agree with this. Its not those glory days now, as it was back then.
Entries hardly cross 25...which is the number of max votes you can give.

Really hats off to members like annajon, tesore, tpsimers and few others who regularly keeps posting entries to make the contest have some life Smile

We are really missing something in this site, some spark....I personally think this....no hard feeling to anyone. Smile

Thanks for that ace!

I do for the reason that I am afraid that if we don't this site will expire. If the few regulars did not post we would have ...maybe two entries. Has to be entries to compete against. Has to be quality chops to raise the bar. As always, I am astounded with the entries that go far beyond my abilities, but guess what, there aren't that many any more. (no disrespect) I am a novice and probably would not rank if this site had any activity as in the past. I would work harder and earn the right to rank. I for one know that it takes some time to do quality chops and I sometimes enter quick ones just so there are more entries. As advantage Members, Choosing just 5 or six chops a month by some of the past regulars would help.

Since I have been posting there have been no official " head to head" contests. My first post was over 4 months ago. I know that is when the level of competition will be greater and I will most likely exit immediately. But would be fun to try.

If the head to head contestants entered regularly, the bar would be higher, I might learn some more and the site would be more active and draw more participants.

I have noticed that the better the original image the more participants. We need some serious contemplation by admin before posting the same type of images over and over to get interest up.

Napalm32

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Banana

I want a prize!!!!!
I just opened a thread and we have a Reunion contest and maybe a Scavenger.....don't know what it is contest.....
Cool Cool Cool Cool

Maybe some more threads from me and we should have also 30 entries at every contest. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

acemanoj

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:45 pm   Reply with quote         

tpsimer wrote:

Thanks for that ace!

I do for the reason that I am afraid that if we don't this site will expire. If the few regulars did not post we would have ...maybe two entries. Has to be entries to compete against. Has to be quality chops to raise the bar. As always, I am astounded with the entries that go far beyond my abilities, but guess what, there aren't that many any more. (no disrespect) I am a novice and probably would not rank if this site had any activity as in the past. I would work harder and earn the right to rank. I for one know that it takes some time to do quality chops and I sometimes enter quick ones just so there are more entries. As advantage Members, Choosing just 5 or six chops a month by some of the past regulars would help.

Since I have been posting there have been no official " head to head" contests. My first post was over 4 months ago. I know that is when the level of competition will be greater and I will most likely exit immediately. But would be fun to try.

If the head to head contestants entered regularly, the bar would be higher, I might learn some more and the site would be more active and draw more participants.

I have noticed that the better the original image the more participants. We need some serious contemplation by admin before posting the same type of images over and over to get interest up.

Ya PSC really need a change.
I think they should also provide high quality source image...even for the Advantage members. As a Photoshopper...we should know that the main thing is source Image.....not only 800*600 but also 1280*960 seems low quality sometimes. We should not restrict image file size in KBs....go for MBs(not much but at least 2 or 3 mb). I personally like to work on High Quality pics....most of us does. I think that if site provide crispy quality pics....chopper will be attracted to do work on it. Well there are many things to say....but its ok Smile Lets hope for best from PSC from coming months Smile
blue_lurker has started the wave....best of luck for PSC and its members.
Cheers.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Reunion - Head to head - Reply to topic