Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - NOBEL PRIZE - Reply to topic

annajon

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:00 am   Reply with quote         

I was thinking ........ that is not a good thing. But it was a serious train of thought. I was thinking about the Nobel Peace Price. How it all started, with Alfred Nobel inventing or perfecting the dynamtie or rather the use of nitro glycerine by way of the dynamite sticks. And during his lifetime he saw the actual horror that he caused because of that invention.

There is no way one can put a Geni back in a bottle, he knew that too. It prompted him to make a will, stating that the proceeds of his entire estate should be used to fund a price, each year, - a cash reward for a man, woman or organisation, who gave a major contribution to world PEACE.

So it started. The people who handled the estate made big money, so the Nobel Price committee was able to create more prices, but the Peace Prize was the most impressive and important of them all.

Nobel died in 1896. This year that will be 115 years ago in December. And despite this legacy, the Nobel Peace Prize has not done what it was created for.

It failed in all those years, to make human beings aware there is another way to solve things then with the use of bombs.

I wonder.... would it be possible for us, normal people, to tell the Nobel committee, who to award the Peace Prize to this year? Because I would have a suggestion.

I would award the Nobel Peace Prize 2011 to the people of Egypt. Who have shown us that it is possible to work towards change by standing your ground, without the use of weapons.

All the bloody things that happen in the Arabian and African nations today (these days) are covering up what happened in Egypt. And I don't want that forgotten.

I think, in the spirit of the Peace Prize, as it was created all those years ago, the people of Egypt deserve it more then any politician.

pakimo

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:19 am   Reply with quote         

annajon

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:22 am   Reply with quote         

Ah.............. one change then.... They would only be able to be awarded the prize for 2012....

sigh.................

By that time nobody will remember what the Egyptians did.....

charliesou

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Don't you mean "Prize" ?

annajon

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:05 pm   Reply with quote         

charliesou wrote:
Don't you mean "Prize" ?

Embarassed

I hope I found all the mistakes.................. thanks Charliesou

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - NOBEL PRIZE - Reply to topic