Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Pointless newbie thread - Reply to topic

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:54 am   Reply with quote         

This is the thread where newbies can post their mandatory 5 forum messages. Pointless digging up of old zombie threads to raise one's post count is not acceptable.

Tesore

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:47 am   Reply with quote         

• • •

Wink

Cartoon Contractor

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:06 am   Reply with quote         

How about the threads that dig themselves up like the "hey psc guy'z" thread. What's up with that? Laughing Laughing

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:57 am   Reply with quote         

Cartoon Contractor wrote:
How about the threads that dig themselves up like the "hey psc guy'z" thread. What's up with that? Laughing Laughing
It has been explained before
- one of the PSC anti-spam measures is to "quarantine" messages posted by registered "members" with zero contest entries
- these messages are reviewed by mods and either approved, or (most of the time) deleted
- if a spam message is posted as a reply to an existing thread (some spam bots search for keywords), the thread is deemed "active" and rises to the top of the active threads on the front page
- if/when the spam message is removed my a mod, the old thread goes dormant again and drops off the list

annajon

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:04 am   Reply with quote         

well said.

now here are some points I like to make

.......................................................................................... Wink

GuidedByPandas

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:36 am   Reply with quote         

I guess I wasn't supposed to post here. I don't feel well and I misunderstood. Apologies. I'll just post pics and leave the talking to others.

VillageBicycle

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:06 am   Reply with quote         

This post made me lol. Embarassed I think i remember digging up an old thread when i joined back in '08. And it was likely a topic that generated unease like about the voting system or some such...haha

Might be a good idea to make this a sticky. Idea

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:24 am   Reply with quote         

The purpose of this pointless thread is to help newbies overcome another PSC spam control measure - users cannot post links and/or images until they have posted 5 messages in the forum.

It sometimes happens that newbies dig up old threads and add "cool", or "I like this", or "I'm trying to get my forum post count to 5 so that I can post an image".

Long story short - if you are desperate to post an image in, let's say, ReinMan's "Add Another Thing" game, but PSC tells you that you need to have posted 5 messages in the forums, AND you have nothing else to say, you can post some jibberish here in this pointless thread.

blue_lurker

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:07 am   Reply with quote         

Im not a newby but I am pointless...sigh...its true I am...sigh

Sh!Za

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:52 am   Reply with quote         

who open threads to raise his post count... Rolling Eyes

thats so unbelievable ridiculous! there are so many things, that are more important than this site or my post count....

OMG

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:16 am   Reply with quote         

Actually the funniest things that I have read here were the responses to some spam messages. Spam brings out the humour in PSC. Ah the good old days! Rolling Eyes

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Pointless newbie thread - Reply to topic