Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Humbling - Reply to topic

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue May 03, 2011 3:31 pm   Reply with quote         

This is just me relating a Photoshop-related experience that's directly a result of what I've gained at PSC.

There's a guy here where I currently work (I'll just call him "D"). D recently asked me for a special favor. D and his wife were expecting their first child when she had a spontaneous miscarriage at 7 months. She had to deliver their first child as a stillborn. Sad

The hospital tenderly treated it as any other birth and did footprints for the parents. Two cards. One set on a card in recognition of the birth and one set on the condolences card.

D wanted to make a remembrance book for the child and asked if I could extract the footprints from the cards' busy backgrounds and put them on a pure white background.

A few years ago I would have not had a clue how to do this. But the skills I've learned at PSC allowed me to help a young couple deal with their loss.

Thank you PSC and the PSC community members.

In memory of Hannah...

gravyboat

Post Tue May 03, 2011 3:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Cool

The Closer you get to Canada the more things there are that wanna eat your horse.
Tesore

Post Tue May 03, 2011 4:50 pm   Reply with quote         

You're a good friend Tofu.
Bless you and Hannah.

jcfreak6363

Post Wed May 04, 2011 2:05 am   Reply with quote         

That is simply AWESOME for you to use your God given talent with PS to help this couple deal with such a tragic loss. My first wife had 3 miscarriages before our first of 2 children were born so I know from experience what they are going through. I believe God will truly bless you for your heart-felt blessing you gave this family Wink Angel

http://psefx.wordpress.com/ http://imagedetailing.jimdo.com/
MikeDascola

Post Wed May 04, 2011 2:16 am   Reply with quote         

Well that's great. And sad at the same time. I'm glad that you could assist in helping your friends in their time of need.

It shows the true character of a friend like you. My heart goes out to your friend.

-md

jcfreak6363

Post Wed May 04, 2011 2:22 am   Reply with quote         

For Tofu...

http://psefx.wordpress.com/ http://imagedetailing.jimdo.com/
YerPalAl

Post Wed May 04, 2011 8:41 am   Reply with quote         

Awful happening, but you are a true friend to help out.

Cheers, my friend. God bless you.

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed May 04, 2011 11:39 am   Reply with quote         

I appreciate the words expressed; and the graphic that was made. It was not my intention to get pats on the back. Unfortunately I'm not close friends with this couple. They are in their mid-20's and I'm 40. We walk in different circles. He and I merely work for the same small company and he knows I do Photoshop work here.

But, as a father and a human, when I looked at those tiny footprints on the card (the photo above is actually slightly larger than life size); and saw where it read that she was 2lbs 11oz; my heart just went out. I was reminded again of how immensely blessed I am to have my children in my life. I have a son who turned 20 who nearly died on us as a baby and again when he was 6 years old. I have a 17 year old daughter who loves infants and is going to major in childhood development; even though she knows she may not be able to have her own children because of medical issues she faces.

PSC used to be a community that was really big on helping one another improve our image manipulation skills. I'd personally like to see that come back more (I myself wane in that effort like everyone does occassionally). So I just wanted to share something about how the PSC experience has personally benefited me and some of those around me.

Take the time to help one another hone their chopping skills. Call it karma, call it goodwill, call it whatever you want. Because you never know how your help will help others to make the world a better place. Cool

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Humbling - Reply to topic