Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

 


Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - So what happened to prizes?? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

cafn8d

Location: Massachusetts

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:49 am   Reply with quote         


As I recall, and it was even more startling at the time, JMH made similar statements in his auction listing of PSC.

The only thing we can do is keep an eye on the "small print."
bud1121 wrote:
tes how can they say what they said in the sale of the site then where they were saying how many images they were selling something like 170000 unique images




Heinlein

Location: Rochester, New York

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:57 am   Reply with quote         


bud1121 wrote:
tes how can they say what they said in the sale of the site then where they were saying how many images they were selling something like 170000 unique images


I agree, it does seem that by mentioning 170000 unique images would be a huge selling point.




_________________

seamusoisin

Location: Ottawa Strong!

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:06 am   Reply with quote         


[quote="cafn8d It is very difficult to assess "natural behaviors" when your subjects know they are being observed. .[/quote]

Hopefully they would of already observed the going ons before they purchased. Would you spend that type of money not knowing what you are going to get? Anyone who does not have a business plan will not amass monies for purchase nor would a lending instituition advance them funds. Try to get a business loan without a business plan. That plan better have a way of increasing the profits. In so far as being observed to assess my "natural behaviour" brings up a very "unnatural behaviour" which fortuneately good taste and having given up four letter words for Lent prevents me from reponding.




_________________
I had the right to remain silent....but I didn't.

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
Sanctuary

Location: in your monitor...

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:11 am   Reply with quote         


The great Santuary offer u the best way to save ur image from stolen.
Download ur images which are u haven't saved to ur computer.
Then change the whole portfolio into "Stove" source entry.




_________________

Tesore

Location: On the way to Utopia!

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:13 am   Reply with quote         


Sanctuary wrote:
The great Santuary offer u the best way to save ur image from stolen.
Download ur images which are u haven't saved to ur computer.
Then change the whole portfolio into "Stove" source entry.


Then Reindear get all the money!!! Shocked

Laughing Laughing Laughing




Sjitske

Location: Toilet

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:14 am   Reply with quote         


They are indeed selling 170.000 images..but it's the database that they are selling which contains those images .
This does not include copyrights whatsoever...really no worries there.

One of Proc his suggestions was that if one would sell those images for commercial exploitation that they would need to make a royalty deal (or buyout, etc...) with the artist/maker. .....and that would only be possible with images which do not inlcude copyrighted material from other parties.

Anyways don't need to worry that they will run off with your images...you are all copyright owners of your own creation (unless you used copyrighted material) Wink




Tesore

Location: On the way to Utopia!

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:19 am   Reply with quote         


Now where talking Wink




ReinMan

Location: Whitby, ONTARIO, CAN

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am   Reply with quote         


Tesore wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
The great Santuary offer u the best way to save ur image from stolen.
Download ur images which are u haven't saved to ur computer.
Then change the whole portfolio into "Stove" source entry.


Then Reindear get all the money!!! Shocked

Laughing Laughing Laughing



reindeer ReinDear got not the money. Sad




_________________

_________________________________
THIS SITE REALLY DOESN'T EXIST
the way our EGO THINKS IT MIGHT!
_________________________________
ReinMan

Location: Whitby, ONTARIO, CAN

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:34 am   Reply with quote         


seamusoisin (way back there somewhere) wrote:
{paraphrased} "I am not an investor here..."


I need to remind my good friend the SeaMooseMan (and most every other member here) that we are ALL investors in this site. If you've ever posted in a contest, YOUR creativity added to the value of this site.
.
.
.

I appreciate those of you being positive about this change, but in my life experience any relationship based on HIDING THE FACTS at the BEGINNING rarely ends up a love story.

I'm also surprised this thread has gotten this long and deep without a peep from the "new owners" or, in their behalf, a full disclosure from the MODfolken.

Oh well, as they say in some countries: "Don't take this personally... it's just business." (yeah, and nothing bad has ever come from that sentiment Rolling Eyes Laughing )




_________________

_________________________________
THIS SITE REALLY DOESN'T EXIST
the way our EGO THINKS IT MIGHT!
_________________________________

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:01 am   Reply with quote         


ReinMan wrote:

I appreciate those of you being positive about this change, but in my life experience any relationship based on HIDING THE FACTS at the BEGINNING rarely ends up a love story.


Most releationships don't start with the exchange of $31,000 either. And those that do are no love story...

Cool




abraham

Location: Someday I'll be home for good.

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:11 pm   Reply with quote         


I thought we are talking about prizes here and now it's all about the new ownership.

So, is it official that there's no prize for the H2H 2011 but just a bragging right?
But how can you brag if you are the only winner in the H2H history who doesn't have a prize? Laughing ( correct me if I'm wrong) Anyway, that might means that you want the win and not just the prize. Do I have to lose my interest?




Tesore

Location: On the way to Utopia!

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:25 pm   Reply with quote         


It's all about 'Eternal Fame'!

Wink




Tesore

Location: On the way to Utopia!

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:27 pm   Reply with quote         


ReinMan wrote:
Tesore wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
The great Santuary offer u the best way to save ur image from stolen.
Download ur images which are u haven't saved to ur computer.
Then change the whole portfolio into "Stove" source entry.


Then Reindear get all the money!!! Shocked

Laughing Laughing Laughing



reindeer ReinDear got not the money. Sad


Patience please!
First I have to upload 1,500 stove images Confused

Laughing




rockyjob

Location: Anywhere but where I am.

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:33 pm   Reply with quote         


abraham wrote:
I thought we are talking about prizes here and now it's all about the new ownership.

So, is it official that there's no prize for the H2H 2011 but just a bragging right?
But how can you brag if you are the only winner in the H2H history who doesn't have a prize? Laughing ( correct me if I'm wrong) Anyway, that might means that you want the win and not just the prize. Do I have to lose my interest?

At least lifetime advantage right? Proc was so worried about making money that he didn't bother to put up a prize because that would take away from his profit...Shows how much he *cares* for this site. Proc I'm glad you left, all you ever cared about was your precious money.




supak0ma

Location: Photoshop Nation

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:44 pm   Reply with quote         


rockyjob wrote:
abraham wrote:
I thought we are talking about prizes here and now it's all about the new ownership.

So, is it official that there's no prize for the H2H 2011 but just a bragging right?
But how can you brag if you are the only winner in the H2H history who doesn't have a prize? Laughing ( correct me if I'm wrong) Anyway, that might means that you want the win and not just the prize. Do I have to lose my interest?

At least lifetime advantage right? Proc was so worried about making money that he didn't bother to put up a prize because that would take away from his profit...Shows how much he *cares* for this site. Proc I'm glad you left, all you ever cared about was your precious money.


i completely agree with this, having made a profit from the sale (but even if he didn't) the minimum a decent person would have done to say goodbye was to put up some good prizes for the H2H...for shame. Rolling Eyes




Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - So what happened to prizes?? - Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Navigate PSC
Contests open  completed  winners  prizes  events  rules  rss 
Galleries votes  authentic  skillful  funny  creative  theme  winners 
Interact register  log in/out  forum  chat  user lookup  contact 
Stats monthly leaders  hall of fame  record holders 
PSC advantage  news (rss)  faq  about  links  contact  home 
Help faq  search  new users  tutorials  contact  password 

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite and Illustrator are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Text and images copyright 2000-2006 Photoshop Contest. All rights reserved.
A venture of ExpertRating.com