Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Lost for words - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

charliesou

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:01 pm   Reply with quote         

I usually keep my views to myself, and stick to chopping related matters but,this is ..lets just say, I am lost for f****ng words !
And if any one says..." Charlie, I feel your pain,but..." . I shall respond with...with...EPITHETS !
http://theclicker.today.com/_news/2011/09/07/7653261-toddlers-mom-pretty-woman-outfit-is-harmless

This is part of a horrible agenda...
These are the bad times...
xx

Tesore

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Search results for toddlers and tiaras full episodes

About 3,770 results

YUCK! Shocked

Those women need a Barbie doll, not a real child!

kinetic_be

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Not sure what to think of that...

It gets a lot of attention, for a individual. Bad parenting? I cant judge that, but then i ask myself: how about those millions of parents who let their children play with toy guns, let them watch cartoons in where there is nothing but fighting and war... I find that far more harming then the video shown above. Im not saying every kid who plays with guns and watches violence on tv, ends up being violent, but have a look on large groups of youth, and some things speak for itself.

All im trying to say, there are worse things then that.

Tesore

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:40 pm   Reply with quote         

It's more than that video:

Spray your face with a nice colour:

Waxed your eyebrows:

Bleaching teeth:

Burn curls:

That's not a happy little girl!

Fake eyelashes, hair extensions, fake teeth... and so on.

You're right, there are worse things, but that makes this not more normal. imo.

kinetic_be

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:48 pm   Reply with quote         

I was talking in comparison to the julia roberts outfit.
I had no idea about the rest... Horrible Shocked

jaw2785

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:39 pm   Reply with quote         

kinetic_be wrote:

It gets a lot of attention, for a individual. Bad parenting? I cant judge that, but then i ask myself: how about those millions of parents who let their children play with toy guns, let them watch cartoons in where there is nothing but fighting and war... I find that far more harming then the video shown above. Im not saying every kid who plays with guns and watches violence on tv, ends up being violent, but have a look on large groups of youth, and some things speak for itself.

You know it's funny... how things have changed. I'm 54. Probably older than most of the people on here.
When I was in school, every boy had a jack knife in his pocket. Nobody got stabbed on the play ground. (A playground built on good old cement where you could crack your head open real well) We played army with toy guns. We had B.B. guns and if we didn't get in too much trouble with them, we soon had real guns. We hunted and trapped and we didn't all grow up to be murdering psychopaths. There where plenty of animals, but they weren't running rampant with rabies and making their homes in the city. We played in the dirt and never heard of disinfectant soap. We got our arses beat when we did or said cruel things.
Our parents were our parents... not our friends. If we told our parents where to stick it... well, let's just say it didn't happen because we learned respect.
There have always been bad parents as well. Those who lived vicariously through their kid's sports or whatever. Who would berate their kid for missing a catch. You could see the life drain out of them at their parents disapproval.
Parenting is about raising a child to become a useful and respectable member of society. If more parents got that, then maybe we wouldn't have all this "zero tolerance" foolishness in our schools, which actually creates more problem kids in the end.
Maybe if more "adults" realized that owning a gun, while it is a right, does not mean you, or your kids, are natural born Davy Crockett just because you're a bullet headed Saxons mother's son ("American" in other words) then all of our rights wouldn't be in jeopardy every time some tragedy occurs.
Maybe if we all remembered how Grandpa and Grand Ma handled things we would not need counselors in school every time someone drops dead.
Parading your child around for ANY reason is just plain crappy parenting. It's a child... not a trophy. Rolling Eyes

gramps

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Well said jaw2785 !!!

I have you beat, I'm 71.
Very Happy

charliesou

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:33 pm   Reply with quote         

gramps wrote:
Well said jaw2785 !!!

I have you beat, I'm 71.
Very Happy

Class of 71 ? So.. young Gramps minor! .Your continued madness regarding this so called POP culture....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSNSTerj2Kc

xx

seelcraft

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:12 pm   Reply with quote         

JonBenet Ramsey:

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Post Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:13 am   Reply with quote         

You are missing my point. You focus on weapons only, while i was talking about 'violence'. I know things were different back in the 50's, i got parents your age aswell, so dont treat me as if i never heard about how things went back then. I knew both my grand and great grandparents aswell for quite some years, i realise there is a huge contrast between now and back then. If you werent so busy about speaking long speeches, trying to sound old and wise, you could maybe agree there is just way too much violence these days a lot of kifs grow up with.

jaw2785 wrote:
kinetic_be wrote:

You know it's funny... how things have changed. I'm 54. Probably older than most of the people on here.
When I was in school, every boy had a jack knife in his pocket. Nobody got stabbed on the play ground. (A playground built on good old cement where you could crack your head open real well) We played army with toy guns. We had B.B. guns and if we didn't get in too much trouble with them, we soon had real guns. We hunted and trapped and we didn't all grow up to be murdering psychopaths. There where plenty of animals, but they weren't running rampant with rabies and making their homes in the city. We played in the dirt and never heard of disinfectant soap. We got our arses beat when we did or said cruel things.
Our parents were our parents... not our friends. If we told our parents where to stick it... well, let's just say it didn't happen because we learned respect.
There have always been bad parents as well. Those who lived vicariously through their kid's sports or whatever. Who would berate their kid for missing a catch. You could see the life drain out of them at their parents disapproval.
Parenting is about raising a child to become a useful and respectable member of society. If more parents got that, then maybe we wouldn't have all this "zero tolerance" foolishness in our schools, which actually creates more problem kids in the end.
Maybe if more "adults" realized that owning a gun, while it is a right, does not mean you, or your kids, are natural born Davy Crockett just because you're a bullet headed Saxons mother's son ("American" in other words) then all of our rights wouldn't be in jeopardy every time some tragedy occurs.
Maybe if we all remembered how Grandpa and Grand Ma handled things we would not need counselors in school every time someone drops dead.
Parading your child around for ANY reason is just plain crappy parenting. It's a child... not a trophy. Rolling Eyes

Marx-Man

Post Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:26 am   Reply with quote         

jaw2785 wrote:
kinetic_be wrote:

Hmm 'natrural born', 'a individual', jack knife' this is a case for...

...somebody else, I quit being grammar man as of now.

What neck a pain the in, can't how be can when bad people I use it annoying grammar believe poor.

that Whats' I again hired am?

Well okay I guess. >_>

You know in my day parents beat thier children to death like... good? errm...

Just going to post the article...

http://nwmasssmedia.com/2010/07/parents-beat-six-year-old-boy-to-death/

...Wait a second...

"I am sadden..."

!!!Damn-God it !!!QUIT I AGAIN

Post Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:00 am   Reply with quote         

Tesore

Post Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:17 am   Reply with quote         

Your own dream didn't come true, then try it through your child(ren), even it's not their dream. That's very wrong, but as old as the world, imo.

annajon

Post Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:40 am   Reply with quote         

There is way too much violence going on... there ... I am 55 and old skool raized

Children don't get a chance to grow up these days... with the whole world at their gaze and within earshot and most grown ups they see (tv etc) going ape each time somebody farts too loud... I think that does something to their sense of safety.

But - it seems - children can't live without all the new fangled gadgets anymore - or at least, they are given the impression that they are not realy living without them.

Sad indeed.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Lost for words - Reply to topic