Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Lack of!!!! - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Designed2522

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:56 pm   Reply with quote         

This website has severely lost talented artist and the lack of what is talented in PS........ nough said!!!

YerPalAl

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:59 pm   Reply with quote         

OK, I am currently looking for a new dead horse for you to flog.

How many times are we going to hear this same complaint?

If you have any ideas for fixing the site please list them below. I Am sure we are all waiting with baited breath for your solutions. Wink

Designed2522

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:40 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
OK, I am currently looking for a new dead horse for you to flog.

How many times are we going to hear this same complaint?

If you have any ideas for fixing the site please list them below. I Am sure we are all waiting with baited breath for your solutions. Wink

nope im not looking to be part of the solution... im looking to be part of the problem.... I know I have posted this in the past and I will probably post it again in the future... im just sick of.... well it doesnt really matter what im sick of now does it!!!! Razz

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:11 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:41 pm   Reply with quote         

. . . . is this a response to stop bitching about the site, or to stop bitching about the bitching? I'm confused. Rolling Eyes

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:50 pm   Reply with quote         

It's more of a, "Hey, you've brought this up before and nothing came from it so let it go" response.

johndownunder

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Designed2522 wrote:
This website has severely lost talented artist and the lack of what is talented in PS........ nough said!!!

Having looked at many Portfolios on the site i have noticed that many i regard as highly skilled and Talented people dont seem to compete anymore.As for those currently competing their are many all possessing different levels of skill and experience but i think they all share one thing in common they love chopping.I have looked at your portfolio Designed2522 and it's impressive as are many of those of members that no longer compete.If you think the comp is lacking then you have a chance to contribute yourself as could many others.As i have said to other members on many occasions i would love to see many past members who were great choppers start to contribute again.I am sure many others like myself would love to see their work and yours and learn more in the process.I am a relative new guy and i want to learn and improve.I figure the more talented people take part the better for the comp.So how about contributing regularly i would love to see your work.

Johndownunder

Zoeon

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:26 pm   Reply with quote         

johndownunder wrote:
Designed2522 wrote:

Having looked at many Portfolios on the site i have noticed that many i regard as highly skilled and Talented people dont seem to compete anymore.As for those currently competing their are many all possessing different levels of skill and experience but i think they all share one thing in common they love chopping.I have looked at your portfolio Designed2522 and it's impressive as are many of those of members that no longer compete.If you think the comp is lacking then you have a chance to contribute yourself as could many others.As i have said to other members on many occasions i would love to see many past members who were great choppers start to contribute again.I am sure many others like myself would love to see their work and yours and learn more in the process.I am a relative new guy and i want to learn and improve.I figure the more talented people take part the better for the comp.So how about contributing regularly i would love to see your work.

Johndownunder

I agree with John here and maybe some other great,old,young, long forgotten choppers can show up to make this site more attractive with there works, thx Very Happy

Marx-Man

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:49 pm   Reply with quote         

"If you have any ideas for fixing the site please list them below. I Am sure we are all waiting with baited breath for your solutions."

A lot of images are rejected or don't make it into the line up for the main contests, why not use 2nd, 3rd and 4th place images in a multi-chop contest.

1: Multi-Chop
Many people use external images in a chop, so why not provide the images.
As in you get a pack of 2 or 3 images and the idea is to chop something using ONLY those few images.

Just a thought.

YerPalAl

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Not a bad suggestion at all.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:16 am   Reply with quote         

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxvdvoQgAy8[/youtube]
He meant to say we're all gonna get laid off... Shocked

the burning couch

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:57 am   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man wrote:
As in you get a pack of 2 or 3 images and the idea is to chop something using ONLY those few images.

YerPalAl wrote:

second that

*!*

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:57 am   Reply with quote         

When I was new to this site (and photoshop in general), everyone that I competed against here was SUPER talented! It was almost enough to make me want to quit when I put tons of effort into a chop and only got 9 or 10 votes. I went through the usual stages of grief (denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance) but I stuck with it, asked a LOT of questions, and improved. The fact that the quality of chops is low right now is a sign of hope....it means that this website has a FUTURE! Some will give up, some will stay at the same level,.....but some will improve and kick all of our asses. If you think I'm joking, take a look at some of the early entries in my portfolio. At the time, I thought they were amazing but, looking back now, I see how poorly executed they were. When it comes to talent and skill, I still have a LONG way to go but I keep one thing in mind.............it's all fun and games Wink

annajon

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:06 am   Reply with quote         

the burning couch wrote:
Marx-Man wrote:

YerPalAl wrote:

second that

*!*

Third it.... so motion granted, take it to the board guys

annajon

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:10 am   Reply with quote         

roger1 wrote:
When I was new to this site (and photoshop in general), everyone that I competed against here was SUPER talented! It was almost enough to make me want to quit when I put tons of effort into a chop and only got 9 or 10 votes. I went through the usual stages of grief (denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance) but I stuck with it, asked a LOT of questions, and improved. The fact that the quality of chops is low right now is a sign of hope....it means that this website has a FUTURE! Some will give up, some will stay at the same level,.....but some will improve and kick all of our asses. If you think I'm joking, take a look at some of the early entries in my portfolio. At the time, I thought they were amazing but, looking back now, I see how poorly executed they were. When it comes to talent and skill, I still have a LONG way to go but I keep one thing in mind.............it's all fun and games Wink

Well put Roger1 - some people who come round every now and then simply forget that YEARS have gone by and those people that hung around and got good were mostly UNEMPLOYED at the time, so they had a chance to gain skills by chopping 24/7.

And now they all have - what is smurkingly referred to as: "a life......"
One thing to say about having "a life....." - it does not leave time to chop, only time to make money and do serious shopping a.k.a. care for your family.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Lack of!!!! - Reply to topic