Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Restoration Source Image - Reply to topic

jaw2785

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:37 am   Reply with quote         

I would like to know if the B&W image for November 26th has been intentionally degraded, marred, damaged or whatever you want to call it.
I've done a lot of restoration on old photos and the "damage" to this image is far unlike most any normal degradation I have seen and doesn't seem to respond to several of the techniques I use to bring up hidden details. The only way I can imagine damage like this is if someone pulled a piece of duct tape off it that had been there for years. There seems to be some original damage in the form of dark stains, but the rest responds as part of the original photo. It looks as if a dot matrix overlay of white has been applied to the original.
If someone brought me this photo to restore I would charge them at least $250.00 to fix it, though in all likelyhood I would simply pass on the job as not being worth the effort.
I would just like to know what I'm working with here.

irgum

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:16 am   Reply with quote         

Hi
I sent this photo the people on the photo are my grandfather and his parents so the age of this photo about 80 years
those damage are real they comes of many years because the photo layer worn of the photo paper
I retouched this photo I think enough good and I printed to hand made paper
and my mother was happy when she got

but as source is really special and strange but I think the PSC members are enough creative and they will have a lots of ideas for this contest too Wink

shane.e.randall

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:37 am   Reply with quote         

I think its cool, I already have some ideas in mind. I like old photos.

jaw2785

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:29 am   Reply with quote         

irgum wrote:
Hi
I sent this photo the people on the photo are my grandfather and his parents so the age of this photo about 80 years
those damage are real they comes of many years because the photo layer worn of the photo paper
I retouched this photo I think enough good and I printed to hand made paper
and my mother was happy when she got

but as source is really special and strange but I think the PSC members are enough creative and they will have a lots of ideas for this contest too Wink

Thanks. Just wanted to know what the damage was. It will be a real challenge.

annajon

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:08 am   Reply with quote         

I like this challenge a lot, that is why I voted for it when it was in the queue too.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Restoration Source Image - Reply to topic