Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Lasso Glitch: Photoshop 7.0 & WIndows 7 - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

The-Masked-Layer

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:47 am   Reply with quote         

cringer8 wrote:
Happens to me, too and I'm using Elements 10 with Windows 7. It has something to do with the mouse being in a "holding pattern." It happens to me if I'm holding the mouse button down too long while picking a color, using the lasso tool, panning around the image...

It must be a Windows 7 thing....

Damn. Maybe I'll have to start clipping photos with scissors, and then scan them. Time to dust off the X-Acto knives and rubber cement! Wink

Werdnaibor

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:49 am   Reply with quote         

The-Masked-Layer wrote:
cringer8 wrote:
Happens to me, too and I'm using Elements 10 with Windows 7. It has something to do with the mouse being in a "holding pattern." It happens to me if I'm holding the mouse button down too long while picking a color, using the lasso tool, panning around the image...

Damn. Maybe I'll have to start clipping photos with scissors, and then scan them. Time to dust off the X-Acto knives and rubber cement! Wink

I'm using Windows 7 with GIMP. No crazy mouse issues for me, just a whole bunch of other limitations.

Edit: Oh, and looks like you picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

The-Masked-Layer

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:59 am   Reply with quote         

Werdnaibor wrote:
The-Masked-Layer wrote:
cringer8 wrote:

I'm using Windows 7 with GIMP. No crazy mouse issues for me, just a whole bunch of other limitations.

I love GIMP for what it is, and at one time I thought I could put in the time to master it, circumvent its limitations, and make it do everything I needed. Sometimes I just have the patience of an ADHD squirrel. Razz

I have to concentrate... concentrate... concentrate... concentrate...

kinetic_be

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:59 am   Reply with quote         

@ Kittie: Yes, that's exactly the right button for it Very Happy

@ Tommeken: I think with Windows 7, Windows took a different way, in the positive way that is. I liked XP, hated Vista, Love 7, for sure going to trash Windows 8.
I run a computerstore, so my entire income is based on Windows and at this moment, I'm still not sure what I'm going to do when Windows 8 launches. I don't want to sell the product... Probably going to use any registry-hack available to avoid Metro for desktops and laptops.
If Windows 8 will be what the future holds for OS-systems, then yes.. I'll be going to MAc again Smile

Zoeon

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:44 pm   Reply with quote         

kinetic_be wrote:
Tommeken wrote:
i'n gonna say get cs6....

but i will say get a mac...Cool Laughing Laughing

I bought a Mac a few months ago.. 2 weeks later it was on Ebay Laughing

i had a mac to , eat it and had stomach pain Very Happy Laughing Laughing

Now back on topic guys and girls

Werdnaibor

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:00 pm   Reply with quote         

The-Masked-Layer wrote:
Werdnaibor wrote:
The-Masked-Layer wrote:
cringer8 wrote:

I love GIMP for what it is, and at one time I thought I could put in the time to master it, circumvent its limitations, and make it do everything I needed. Sometimes I just have the patience of an ADHD squirrel. Razz

I have to concentrate... concentrate... concentrate... concentrate...

Yes, working with GIMP is an entirely different kind of chopping altogether.

gramps

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Why don't you guys use the masking mode and a brush when selecting something? I'm using PS-8 and I love the masking tool. It works just like Rubylith and an exacto knife from the past.

The-Masked-Layer

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:26 pm   Reply with quote         

gramps wrote:
Why don't you guys use the masking mode and a brush when selecting something? I'm using PS-8 and I love the masking tool. It works just like Rubylith and an exacto knife from the past.

I do that now, and, yes, it does work great, but, when I'm looking to chop a lot of fragments at a quick pace, I love my lasso. It also makes me feel like a rugged cowboy in the wild world of the digital arts.

Tommeken

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Zoeon wrote:
kinetic_be wrote:
Tommeken wrote:

makes me hungry for burgers man ...please don't do that Laughing Laughing Laughing

Zoeon

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Tommeken wrote:
Zoeon wrote:
kinetic_be wrote:
Tommeken wrote:

makes me hungry for burgers man ...please don't do that Laughing Laughing Laughing
in Lier nearby you is a good one Smile

Martrex

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:29 pm   Reply with quote         

It probably sounds silly but do you use the magic wand? For simple selections with nice contrast it works good, I also use it to ball park my selection then fine adjust. Very Happy

TheShaman

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:51 pm   Reply with quote         

simple solution...

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:54 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
simple solution...

Nice! I probably should get a tablet. I'm currently stuck with a laptop touchpad, and I ain't as steady as I used to be.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KF6tRXpw00[/youtube]

shane.e.randall

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Is it with all the Lasso's? If I could not use the Polagonal lasso I would not be able to chop.

The-Masked-Layer

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:34 pm   Reply with quote         

shane.e.randall wrote:
Is it with all the Lasso's? If I could not use the Polagonal lasso I would not be able to chop.

For me it happens with the polygonal lasso as well. I don't know about the basic lasso tool, but, as far as the basic lasso is concerned, I may as well be drawing with racoon entrails in between my toes whilst wearing a blindfold. The touchpad doesn't bring out the best in my fine-motor skills.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Lasso Glitch: Photoshop 7.0 & WIndows 7 - Reply to topic