Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Early Fathers Day - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

seamusoisin

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:56 am   Reply with quote         

shane.e.randall wrote:
anfa wrote:
We don't do the shooting thing so much in the UK. It's really hard to get guns. I suppose I could get together with my Dad and we could do a bit of stabbing or strangling practice.
Yup, that sounded horrible, but the USA has romanticised the gun so much that you've forgotten what it is.

I practice stabbing and strangling all the time Very Happy

I don't practice 'cause I'm naturally good at it.

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
couldb5150

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:30 am   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
We don't do the shooting thing so much in the UK. It's really hard to get guns. I suppose I could get together with my Dad and we could do a bit of stabbing or strangling practice.
Yup, that sounded horrible, but the USA has romanticised the gun so much that you've forgotten what it is.

Easy Turbo ..Pump the brakes a bit!..You are correct and incorrect ..THE USA has so many odd issues on guns ...for example I have spent many $$$ to be able to carry concealed in ALL states other than Calif and Illinois...Check out Calif and Illinois gun vs murder rates ..compared to say Idaho or Florida or Montana and Utah!.....The more RESPONSIBLE people are armed ...the less murder rate ...it's a statistic...ANFA..ANY TIME you desire come to my pad in Idaho....we'll REALLY shoot some guns...safely and responsibly !..YOU ARE ALWAYS WELCOME!!!

Miss ya man!

Cheers!
~5150

couldb5150

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:33 am   Reply with quote         

shane.e.randall wrote:
anfa wrote:

Roger that !!!!!
~5150

couldb5150

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:34 am   Reply with quote         

seamusoisin wrote:
shane.e.randall wrote:
anfa wrote:

I don't practice 'cause I'm naturally good at it.

And yet still so modest and introverted!!!...J/K
~5150

charliesou

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:38 am   Reply with quote         

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:40 am   Reply with quote         

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGqB6zz9SZ8[/youtube]

anfa

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:15 am   Reply with quote         

couldb5150 wrote:
anfa wrote:

Easy Turbo ..Pump the brakes a bit!..You are correct and incorrect ..THE USA has so many odd issues on guns ...for example I have spent many $$$ to be able to carry concealed in ALL states other than Calif and Illinois...Check out Calif and Illinois gun vs murder rates ..compared to say Idaho or Florida or Montana and Utah!.....The more RESPONSIBLE people are armed ...the less murder rate ...it's a statistic...ANFA..ANY TIME you desire come to my pad in Idaho....we'll REALLY shoot some guns...safely and responsibly !..YOU ARE ALWAYS WELCOME!!!

Miss ya man!

Cheers!
~5150

All that proves is that some places are more violent than others.
Murder rates don't prove anything about guns apart from it's easier to murder someone if you have one so they'll be higher.
Cheers bro!

charliesou wrote:

If they made it law that every household in Britain had to own a gun, in most of the country nothing would change, but in some parts of Glasgow(and Newcastle and all the other major cities) they'd be shooting the crap out of each other and you know it. Laughing

Werdnaibor

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:55 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
couldb5150 wrote:
anfa wrote:

Miss ya man!

Cheers!
~5150

Murder rates don't prove anything about guns apart from it's easier to murder someone if you have one so they'll be higher.
Cheers bro!

charliesou wrote:

If they made it law that every household in Britain had to own a gun, in most of the country nothing would change, but in some parts of Glasgow(and Newcastle and all the other major cities) they'd be shooting the crap out of each other and you know it. Laughing

Yeah, population density definitely makes a difference. Comparing California and Illinois to Utah, Montana, and Idaho is insane. The small town I came from had no ludicrous everyone-have-a-gun law, but there was only one homicide in my lifetime, and it was quite shocking. And there is a key word in that weird law: proficient. I assume that involves some training, which might elevate people above the idiots that can easily get guns. The U.S. is very close to having a gun to match each citizen. When does the "less crime" part happen?

Edit: And I don't even know why Florida is mentioned, as it has a pretty high crime rate (higher violent crime rate than California). To those outside the United States, here's a handy list of state population densities. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_population_density

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:44 pm   Reply with quote         

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IouUsPsUg4Y[/youtube]

couldb5150

Post Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:25 am   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
couldb5150 wrote:
anfa wrote:

Miss ya man!

Cheers!
~5150

Cheers bro!

charliesou wrote:

Okay ..let me try this again....years ago Florida had an incredible murder rate...they loosened gun laws and NOW a lot more RESPONSIBLE citizens are armed....Murder rate plummeted.....What i am trying to say is the states that ALLOW us responsible people to carry concealed have way less gun crimes than those of Illinois.(Chicago)...DC..and California...The gun laws are SO STRICT for CCW that the only people carrying ...ARE CRIMINALS!!..You are correct...a state like mine IDAHO has 1.5 Million people ..STATE WIDE!..stats show 85% of us in Idaho have guns...average # of guns PER PERSON is 5.....
California is so strict as is Chicago and DC...ALL with the highest gun crimes rate in the country!....Yeah the math is odd but correct!...I know here in Idaho 8 of 10n people are probably CCW.....The hell if I may commit a crime here or in Florida...BECAUSE EVERYONE IS CONCEALED CARRY!....ERGO ...LESS CRIME!
i DO APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT....IMHO more people responsibly carrying..EQUALS...less crime!..
Cheers mate ....great discussion!...and yes here in the states laws do differ big time...Arizona and Alaska have some pretty loose laws...Calif ...Illinois and DC so strict ....and the application for CCW is ridiculous to say the least!in those states!
Great input ...i agree to disagree...now get out to Beautiful Idaho and lets shoot!
~5150

couldb5150

Post Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:27 am   Reply with quote         

Yarilo wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IouUsPsUg4Y[/youtube]

A little levity for the discussion!..Love it !!...funny!

Werdnaibor

Post Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:47 am   Reply with quote         

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Early Fathers Day - Reply to topic