Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - PSCBuzz, don't miss the boat. - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

kinetic_be

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:43 am   Reply with quote         

I don't know who else is active or checks Worth1000, but I just found out that at the end of september this year, the website will close. Instead, it will be turned into a museum.
The reasons why, you can read at their website.

This is very sad.. I always found Worth1000 to be one of the most inspirational websites when it comes to Photoshop.

That being said; I see this as an opportunity for PSC.
I don't know what will happen exactly, but I expect a vast number of people moving to other Photoshop contest websites.
This would be great for PSC, but I also think that at this point, we need to make this place a little bit more 'inviting', if you know what I mean.

There are some other well known Photoshop contest websites out there which - at this moment - look more appealing for those who are used to the way things work at Worth.

Maybe a good idea for PSCBuzz to concider things, after all this is a good thing for him, even though I wish Worth would just keep existing.

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:52 am   Reply with quote         

Maybe to bake them a cake? You can take the slice too.

Ianis G. Vasilev

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:05 am   Reply with quote         

I hope that some choppers will consider PSC as an alternative to Worth1000.

kinetic_be

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:07 am   Reply with quote         

Ianis G. Vasilev wrote:
I hope that some choppers will consider PSC as an alternative to Worth1000.

Yes, that would be great.

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:39 am   Reply with quote         

kinetic_be wrote:
There are some other well known Photoshop contest websites out there which - at this moment - look more appealing for those who are used to the way things work at Worth.

Could you name some of these cool and alternative sites, please! It's just that I'd welcome the opportunity to check some of them out.

You can pm me, if you don't feel like exposing them via this thread!

Many thanks.

Smile

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:43 am   Reply with quote         

Autobot wrote:
kinetic_be wrote:

Could you name some of these cool and alternative sites, please! It's just that I'd welcome the opportunity to check some of them out.

You can pm me, if you don't feel like exposing them via this thread!

Many thanks.

Smile

pxleyes

charliesou

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:56 am   Reply with quote         

I entered a few comps a while back on Worth1000, even won a couple, but I never felt at home there.
It was the whole "anonymity" thing that I didn't take to. There are some fabulous choppers over there, and its a certainty some of them will join this site.
Its a shame that a well established and popular site like Worth1000 is going down the pan. If it can happen to them....
Crying or Very sad

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve should inform PSCBuzz about unfortunate fate of Worth1000 Idea

anfa

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:43 pm   Reply with quote         

I LOLed!

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:33 pm   Reply with quote         

charliesou wrote:
I entered a few comps a while back on Worth1000, even won a couple, but I never felt at home there.
It was the whole "anonymity" thing that I didn't take to. There are some fabulous choppers over there, and its a certainty some of them will join this site.
Its a shame that a well established and popular site like Worth1000 is going down the pan. If it can happen to them....
Crying or Very sad

I sing up in worth1000 since 2009 and i did not upload any thing because 2 reasons . 1- did not feel home there two and 2- i just like to see all great entries and choppers they are pretty cool two . and am really sorry about the fate of worth1000.

#Respect Crying or Very sad

kinetic_be

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:36 pm   Reply with quote         

I understand about not feeling at home there. There is much more distance between the choppers and the the personal contact, but after you chopped some there and interact in the forums, things will start eventually. It's a very tight community, although most chat and messages are going trough the message-system.

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:51 pm   Reply with quote         

kinetic_be wrote:
I understand about not feeling at home there. There is much more distance between the choppers and the the personal contact, but after you chopped some there and interact in the forums, things will start eventually. It's a very tight community, although most chat and messages are going trough the message-system.

Yeah maybe my first reason about not feeling home there is because i did not upload any photos there .. and about that i was going to chop in worth1000 after H2H . that mean in the next few weeks but now i am really sad about what's going on .

Tesore

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:33 pm   Reply with quote         

charliesou wrote:
Crying or Very sad

Totally agree!

Good thread, kinetic_be.

anfa

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Ammorio wrote:

Twice I had chops stolen from here and entered in contests over there. On both occasions I asked for them to be removed and was ignored.
Fuck 'em!

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:28 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
Ammorio wrote:

Twice I had chops stolen from here and entered in contests over there. On both occasions I asked for them to be removed and was ignored.
Fuck 'em!

in this cause yeaahhh... FUCK 'EM...

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - PSCBuzz, don't miss the boat. - Reply to topic