Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - PSCBuzz, don't miss the boat. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:09 pm   Reply with quote         

charliesou wrote:
anfa wrote:
charliesou wrote:
anfa wrote:
I LOLed!

What a shite comment on a sad thing ......I won;t say more..
fuckin sad.

I did LOL. Do you think anyone on W1000 would give a shit if this place folded? Fuck 'em!

I can't speak for the folks over at Worth1000, but I would like to think that they would send their best wishes to us in our time of trouble if the same happened here.
So ..to you Anfa..fuck off. Some of us care.

I really don't think they would care if the same happened here....there has been bad blood between the sites for a while. I have posted over there a few times since I started back in 2003. I have also chatted with some of the old members over there years ago, and none of them had high opinions of psc, several of the oldies actually started out here.

Am I sad? not really, I think many of the better choppers from there left years ago, and landed at numerous other sites like: something awful, photoshop faceoff, mechapixel, deviantart.

I think most of the people that started out here left because they weren't good at the fast chopping every day....back before the advantage. Worth provided an alternate for those

kinetic_be

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:24 am   Reply with quote         

Well I do feel bad. I loved the community and made some nice friends there.
A few hours after Worth made the announcement, a new group was launched on Google and quickly after that, a large number of choppers moved there to start building up a new community.

Sure Anfa, they stole your chops a couple of times. I'm sorry they did, they shouldn't, but that's 7 friggin' years ago.
As PSC has always been full of copyrighted rip off's without permission from all over the net, I think they didn't give a damn about this at that point.
A few years ago there used to be a topic in the forums where other websites ripped stuff from Worth and I wasn't surprised to find PSC there multiple times too.

I'm not saying Worth1000 was perfect, it had it's flaws, it lacked a certain freedom when it comes to chopping for fun, but I'm not sure if people realise the artistic value going lost with it.

But that's just my opinion Rolling Eyes

Werdnaibor

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:43 am   Reply with quote         

I'm confused. Is Worth1000 a website that is closing, or a child that is dying tragically? My instinct tells me it's the former, but some of the reactions in this thread are making me doubt that.

papavales

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:48 am   Reply with quote         

@Anfa i followed your links but i didn't find the stolen entries in worth1000. Maybe they removed them.

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:01 am   Reply with quote         

papavales wrote:
@Anfa i followed your links but i didn't find the stolen entries in worth1000. Maybe they removed them.

I also think they were removed

Note: I totaly agree with Kinetic that it is a great loss for the artistic world , to see this site gone, together with so many great artist.
I hope some come to PSC , and others will find a place to be creative .

seamusoisin

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:54 am   Reply with quote         

I went to their site and read the reasons that they are doing this, quite interesting as the owner is making a frank decision based on not being able to be proactive in many areas of the site, decline participation, his inability to code the site and not having the time or desire at this stage of his life to learn this coding owing to time and family constraints. He wants it to end with dignity and not fade into oblivion. This being said I am wondering how come PSC is still alive? PSCBUZZ miss the boat? He's got to find the water first.

As for being sad to see them go, I am not as the owner has made a well thoughtout decision and is implementing it. I respect that!

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
anfa

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:36 am   Reply with quote         

papavales wrote:

corneel wrote:
papavales wrote:

I also think they were removed

Note: I totaly agree with Kinetic that it is a great loss for the artistic world , to see this site gone, together with so many great artist.
I hope some come to PSC , and others will find a place to be creative .

Yup! It looks like they've been removed. Well, that didn't take long. Wink

kinetic_be wrote:
Sure Anfa, they stole your chops a couple of times. I'm sorry they did, they shouldn't, but that's 7 friggin' years ago.
As PSC has always been full of copyrighted rip off's without permission from all over the net, I think they didn't give a damn about this at that point.
A few years ago there used to be a topic in the forums where other websites ripped stuff from Worth and I wasn't surprised to find PSC there multiple times too.

I think you are missing the point. Taking someones creation and claiming that you created it is just wrong. At least the copyrighted rip offs you speak of used on this site have been integrated into another pic or manipulated in some way.
As for the the thread about stuff from W1000 and PSC being used on other sites, there are tons of sites that just post funny pictures from all over the internet without permission but they don't claim to have created them.

kinetic_be

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:44 am   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
I think you are missing the point. Taking someones creation and claiming that you created it is just wrong. At least the copyrighted rip offs you speak of used on this site have been integrated into another pic or manipulated in some way.
As for the the thread about stuff from W1000 and PSC being used on other sites, there are tons of sites that just post funny pictures from all over the internet without permission but they don't claim to have created them.

I see, point taken Smile

kinetic_be

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:00 am   Reply with quote         

The owner of Worth1000 has just sent me an email regarding this thread.
He couldn't post here because the registration is broken from where he posts.

Quote:
Regarding anfa's entries, we had no moderator reports on those specific images. We take plagiarism reports extremely seriously - nothing pisses off more or ruins the contests for everybody than a user passing off someone else's work as their own. I don't know how anfa told us about the entries, but it wasn't through the report image link (or else something in our system was broken). Either way, my apologies to anfa. I have now removed the photos since being made aware of it.

Regarding a "rivalry" or bad blood between PSC and Worth1000, that's silly.
If there's any rivalry it exists in a similar way to how sports fans like the Red Sox and Yankees might "dislike" each other's teams. But all the fans are united through a love of baseball.

I have a lot of respect for the amazing work and talent that has gone into maintaining PSC. I would be sad if it went away. If I truly didn't care about the community at PSC, I would not take the time to post this.

Cheers,
Jax (Avi)

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:11 am   Reply with quote         

kinetic_be wrote:

Quote:
Regarding anfa's entries, we had no moderator reports on those specific images. We take plagiarism reports extremely seriously - nothing pisses off more or ruins the contests for everybody than a user passing off someone else's work as their own. I don't know how anfa told us about the entries, but it wasn't through the report image link (or else something in our system was broken). Either way, my apologies to anfa. I have now removed the photos since being made aware of it.

If there's any rivalry it exists in a similar way to how sports fans like the Red Sox and Yankees might "dislike" each other's teams. But all the fans are united through a love of baseball.

I have a lot of respect for the amazing work and talent that has gone into maintaining PSC. I would be sad if it went away. If I truly didn't care about the community at PSC, I would not take the time to post this.

Cheers,
Jax (Avi)

That's cool....best of luck to Avi

Tesore

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:22 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
That's cool....best of luck to Avi

Absolutely! Bow

anfa

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:46 am   Reply with quote         

kinetic_be wrote:

Quote:

Cheers,
Jax (Avi)

Jax, I think it was a Contact Site link or something like that and I also commented on both posts.
OK, I'm cool with you if you didn't deliberately ignore me. Cheers!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - PSCBuzz, don't miss the boat. - Reply to topic