Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Learning Curve - Reply to topic

Tawiskaro

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:47 pm   Reply with quote         

I am trying to criticize chops constructively as time permits. Whatever skills I have as a chopper I attribute to criticism I received here at PSC. I am simply paying back. I figured I should announce this in the event I step on the toes of veteran participants in today’s contest. Anonymity makes criticism a dicey affair. No offense intended. Quite the contrary.

Please remember my comments are opinions. Feel free to tell me why they are wrong. It will be part of my learning experience. Very Happy

Please see the comments of UntExp and others on one of my recent entries here: http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/194390/toy-mortar.html. Helpful stuff. PSC school.

Cheers.

--twk

papavales

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:36 am   Reply with quote         

criticism is always welcome. Thanks for your recent comment and suggestion to my "undervoted" entry on the prize comp. At least you appreciate the chop and understand the work had done.
Cheers Very Happy

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:57 am   Reply with quote         

well said Ted, I wish more people would leave an opinion or something, so many ... after ...

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Hmmm

YerPalAl

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Oh SURE!! Go ahead and guilt trip us . . . Rolling Eyes

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Personally speaking, I welcome feedback, no problem, whatsoever.

I'm here to learn and improve my so-called skills. That latter objective, would benefit, greatly, from various forms of feedback, I'd reckon.

I can also understand that not everyone is susceptible to criticism. Whether it be: +/-

ShootHerman

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
I am trying to criticize chops constructively as time permits. Whatever skills I have as a chopper I attribute to criticism I received here at PSC. I am simply paying back. I figured I should announce this in the event I step on the toes of veteran participants in today’s contest. Anonymity makes criticism a dicey affair. No offense intended. Quite the contrary.

Please remember my comments are opinions. Feel free to tell me why they are wrong. It will be part of my learning experience. Very Happy

Please see the comments of UntExp and others on one of my recent entries here: http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/194390/toy-mortar.html. Helpful stuff. PSC school.

Cheers.

--twk

Hahaha.Smile I think this is funny.Smile In a good way Tawiskaro. Nice thread.
You are talking about criticisme and feedback on your image.
That feedback, on your image, is nothing compared to this one. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Check the comments.

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/192937/elephantiasis-quinquepus.html

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:17 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree with all of this but there have been others names withheld who got upset about such comments in the past.
But i know I've learned a lot since being here by watching others and getting suggestions. What I do think is funny is people who comment about wanting help then getting it and never answering or responding! I do hope that some of the newer comers warm up as well.

I know I always find something wrong with Tawiskro's work, but he's way too sensitive to hear about it!!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Tawiskaro

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Martrex wrote:

I know I always find something wrong with Tawiskro's work, but he's way too sensitive to hear about it!!!

Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

http://www.cowboyway.com/Music/Clips/AccidentallyShot.wav

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Tawiskaro

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:21 pm   Reply with quote         

ShootHerman wrote:

That feedback, on your image, is nothing compared to this one. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Check the comments.

Lots of comments. Did you find them helpful or annoying? They can be both.

Martrex

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
Martrex wrote:

Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

http://www.cowboyway.com/Music/Clips/AccidentallyShot.wav

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yah been there and done that before! Of course when it's your foot shot by your gun in your hand what can you say! Laughing Shocked Laughing Laughing

Tawiskaro

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Martrex wrote:
Yah been there and done that before! Of course when it's your foot shot by your gun in your hand what can you say! Laughing Shocked Laughing Laughing

"Ouch!"

Laughing

ShootHerman

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:15 am   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
ShootHerman wrote:

Check the comments.

Lots of comments. Did you find them helpful or annoying? They can be both.

Smile As you can see through all the comments I did put smile-signs after almost all the comments, so that didnt bother me at all.
It was just fun to make funny thing about the updates. I had been working on the image for a pretty long time, I was satisfied with the image, I "knew" that I had a good image and the votes came in. I have always got problems with making the perfect shadows (I can thank PSC.com and the members here for my improvement:-) So because of all the feedback on the image I made the image even better.

Sometimes when I comment images I pm people instead of showing all members here what I think. Not all the time, but sometimes.
Because if you got a comment on the image that people can read maybe some read that comment before they are going to vote and they will not vote because, yeah, that comment is right. Its a wrong thing in there. I will not vote. The person that reads the comment would probably not see the mistake in the image himself/herself, but will not vote because of the comment. So to send a pm instead is more a right thing to do. IMO.Smile

Anyway, feedback is a positive thing.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Learning Curve - Reply to topic