Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Requests ONLY - Looking for someone to Make 3 Clean Professional Banners For - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

jamieinenglewood

Post Sat May 24, 2014 4:27 am   Reply with quote         

Due to so much recent emails regarding help setting up Internet radio I'd decided to start my own consulting website. I've been a member here for about three years, but I just don't have the skill set yet to make the banners looks like I think they should. I have made the three banners but they need to look a lot cleaner and more professional looking. I have samples for you that you can use this and all around idea of what I'm going for. And it shouldn't take that long for the seasoned Pro to do these images, and I've really been pushing myself to do them all my own but each time I get somewhere I just say it's not good enough. The first three I did are the ones I am linking to as examples , that you can use and let me know how much you'll charge to do these three banners which are 1050x350 .

I may also be interested in a seamless tiled website background you can take a look at the web site itself, although I don't have many hours into it at all the URL is www.shoutcastsolutions.us please use e-mail to contact me the fastest and it is the same as my username just at jamieinenglewood@gmail.com .

I know once is gets up and going I will have a lot of people looking for images, and this could potentially lead to a lot of work. Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you the sample images are below.

Thanks Jamie

Samples

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae34/floridaufos/Bannersample1_zps33e0e654.png

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae34/floridaufos/bannersample2_zps23c87c48.png

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae34/floridaufos/bannersample3_zps6c936a8e.png

Post Mon May 26, 2014 5:31 pm   Reply with quote         

There you go. After 114 views, you can tell people that you got one reply.

That's better than no replies.

Tawiskaro

Post Mon May 26, 2014 10:55 pm   Reply with quote         

I am not at all interested in this sort of thing, but others may be--for a fee. The "seasoned pro" you mention doesn't have time to do this stuff for free. Are you paying? If so, you should say what you are willing to shell out. Otherwise, well, now you have two responses.

Just sayin'.

irgum

Post Tue May 27, 2014 2:08 am   Reply with quote         

I sent him yesterday in email three banners

OneChiefRocker

Post Tue May 27, 2014 7:10 am   Reply with quote         

...gone.

Post Tue May 27, 2014 11:24 am   Reply with quote         

@ irgum - Great minds think alike Laughing I sent him this email yesterday:

Green led lights on same spot thumleft

irgum

Post Tue May 27, 2014 1:35 pm   Reply with quote         

BSmatic:
I saw your picture in Jamie's site I wanted do something similar for good fit
So I used your pic like a template
I hope you don't mind

Post Tue May 27, 2014 2:02 pm   Reply with quote         

irgum wrote:
BSmatic:
I saw your picture in Jamie's site I wanted do something similar for good fit
So I used your pic like a template
I hope you don't mind

Of course i don't mind Smile I just thought we have similar idea.
I hope my crappy image will drive people to make something decent instead Wink

Tarmac

Post Tue May 27, 2014 6:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Well intentions aside, for the purpose of this thread, consider yourselves to be idiots. (with exception to Tawiskaro, Autobot, and, anyone else who was smart enough not to respond to this free graphic work ploy.)

Getting others to do free photoshop work is a repeating ruse with him, which I fell trap to as well (yes, I’m an idiot too, or was. But I know better now).

After landing a job (briefly) with Bill and Nancy Birnes (Nancy of UFO MAGAZINE, and Bill Birnes of 'UFO Hunters’ Discovery Channel fame) to do graphic work for their magazine, he was canned. Among a laundry list of things they canned him for, Bill and Nancy discovered he had mis-represented himself and his ps skills as his own.

For those who just got suckered into making banners, let this be a valuable graphic arts lesson. Be professional. Never do work for free. Get paid for what you do, preferably, BEFORE you do the work.

sonic3

Post Wed May 28, 2014 5:16 am   Reply with quote         

Did you guys protect your images when you sent them over to him?
By either a great big watermark across them, or an image small enough that it can not be used.

Don't like to distrust people, but this sort of thing does happen

OneChiefRocker

Post Wed May 28, 2014 7:27 am   Reply with quote         

Post Wed May 28, 2014 8:40 am   Reply with quote         

If i considered myself as designer and my "work" worth paying for, maybe I would protect it, patent it or attach some tricky gypsy curse to it. I guess " unconditional support " is foreign term to most people. Not so bad thing if you are responding to some spam but if it's PSC member...Well it's up to you (Not to say "up yours" instead).
There is so much professional and talented people in this day and age - protection and lawyers are essential. Next step is to learn children how to apply watermarks to their colored wax drawings before some depraved parent choose to stick them to a fridge before asking permission Cool

OneChiefRocker

Post Wed May 28, 2014 9:28 am   Reply with quote         

Help him out..be the Robin Hood of Photo-choppers!

Post Wed May 28, 2014 10:18 am   Reply with quote         

I don't feel idiot myself
he's a member of the PSC family
and you don't expect pay from a family member Smile
he can save 20 dollars and I lost 20 dollars who cares?
if somebody don't do anything just registered and ask help I don't help him
but Heinlein asked a business card and he got a lot of work
and nobody had any problem with this

OneChiefRocker

Post Wed May 28, 2014 10:55 am   Reply with quote         

Yeah, What's twenty minutes among friends/fellow choppers. Wink

irgum wrote:
I don't feel idiot myself
he's a member of the PSC family
and you don't expect pay from a family member Smile
he can save 20 dollars and I lost 20 dollars who cares?
if somebody don't do anything just registered and ask help I don't help him
but Heinlein asked a business card and he got a lot of work
and nobody had any problem with this

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Requests ONLY - Looking for someone to Make 3 Clean Professional Banners For - Reply to topic