Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Assumptions? etc. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Cynn

Post Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:46 pm   Reply with quote         

And there's another good reason to join the ReinMan Fan Club, ladies and germs.
(As if looking good in an accordion weren't enough.)

ReinMan

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:25 am   Reply with quote         

Ah - you are learning grasshopper. Wink

CHOP CHOP CHOP

Showcase

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:52 am   Reply with quote         

If I spent any time chopping, Id agree with Rein...however...while his statements have merit, quite a bit maybe, I like to think of it as PASSION or EMOTION rather than assumptions.

the big draw for me was that first couple hours...weird, I know..but that first couple hours of a new contest can make one run the full spectrum of emotion. I dont think this site is about ART but a lot of you do...isnt that what art is meant for? and isnt that what drives us all? emotions? sometimes they're good, sometimes bad.

I like to be amazed, I like to say "How did that bastard do that", "thats amazing", "meh. its ok"....or the one that really freaks people out, "WTF was that user thinking posting that crap".

In a contest where I am not asked my opinion first, you should expect me to give my opion after. I make no other assumptions other than that I as are all users, am at least allowed this.

no, if you would all do what rein suggests, I will reach into my emotions bag and see what I find.

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:36 pm   Reply with quote         

I dont think this site is about ART but a lot of you do...isnt that what art is meant for? and isnt that what drives us all? emotions?

I think they are integrally linked. The emotional response to the art, which may then drive someone to vote, comment, etc, which in turn cause an emotional response by the artist and so on, but it all started with the art and how it impacted someone. It's about the art and the emotion because they are tied together. Cool
Cynn

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:23 pm   Reply with quote         

I've been doing some thinking, and I think the most conflicts come up when we don't like the way other people vote. We each have our own reasons for voting as we do, every day, and that's as it should be. People do a lot of shouting at each other because they felt a person voted for a friend, or voted for a post that was somehow less deserving than the others.

But you know what? That's crazymaking. It's like trying to hold back the sea with a broom. People are going to vote the way they are going to vote, and being unpleasant to one another about it is only going to cause, well, unpleasantness. The point of this site is to have fun and get better at Photoshop. Creating an atmosphere of negativity will kill the fun, and it will eventually annoy us so much that we stop chopping, defeating the purpose of the whole site.

People vote for posts because they like them. And absolutely nothing anybody says or does is going to affect what each person likes.

Just sit back, enjoy the ride, and keep on voting. You never know when you'll win! Mr. Green

Square

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:41 pm   Reply with quote         

I have to agree with you, Cynn. I'm so damn tired of hesitating to vote for an image because of the potential controversy it may cause. I don't think people should be expected to explain every vote they give out. Or any vote, for that reason (unless it's a case of aliases being used to vote-stack). I'm quite sure there isn't one single active member that votes exactly the same as I do in every single contest, and that's how it should be. Variety is the spice of life, right?

cafn8d 09/12 @ 09:41 pm

I've been there! Wow, I've been someplace Square's been! That is SO AWESO... what... the SHIV is over? oh... Well, I've still been there... Smile

https://shannonlea1218.wordpress.com/
ReinMan

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:10 pm   Reply with quote         

I like a bit of peanut butter on my orange jello Very Happy

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:21 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
I like a bit of peanut butter on my orange jello Very Happy

Sweet, now I'm craving orange jello. (Maybe I'll try that peanut butter thing too)
Showcase

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:56 pm   Reply with quote         

HA! you guys crack me up!!

Quote:
People vote for posts because they like them. And absolutely nothing anybody says or does is going to affect what each person likes.

I 100% agree!!! 100%!!
but, again, if users are allowed to vote saying "WINNER" or "Best post of the day" then users should also be allowed to comment the opposite. What I say or anyone else says should NOT effect how a user decides to vote nor should it cuase such an uproar about trying to sway votes. it is MY opinion only that those that voted already shouldnt have and that others shouldnt bother.

we all, by now certainly, know we can vote when we want and how we want without concern for how my neighbor voted.

Nuttdriver

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:52 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
I reall am trying to see thrings through the eyes
of folks I do not always agree with.
BUT i just can NOT get past the fact that the folks who absolutely detest any negative,
or confrontational subjects being on the board ALWAYS respond to those the negative and confrontational
comments that they seem to hate so much WITH negative
and confrontational responses which only serve
to continue that SAME negative and confrontational atmosphere,
in fact- not only do they give it life to continue on but they feed it to GROW.
I find this behavior mind boggling, confusing,
negative, and confrontational.
having taken so much of the blame for this kind of atmosphere in the past and
then avoiding forums JUST to prove that my presence has no effect on this
situation (IE: I haven't been around for three weeks and as before- it's only gotten worse in my absence) I have a simple request- If anyone finds a post to be confrontational,
inflammatory or too aggressive, IGNORE IT----no response is the only way to kill it.
Just MHO Very Happy

Ditto Cynn! Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Assumptions? etc. - Reply to topic