Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - A noble cause. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

patim

Post Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:45 pm   Reply with quote         

I must admit SOT that you have great debating skills. In debating it's a must that you summarize what the others say and than alter it to your own point. THAT is what you are doing. Although the merrit of your opinion is legitimate, you refuse to come with a solution. And although you think you're entiteled to your opinion ( and yes you are), you refuse others to state theirs if they don't compell to yours.

Cause you're not alone here, you have to adept to other people here. There are people here with thin skins, childish behavior, anger and so on. But aint it the same in real life. How do you deal with that. Do you tutor your neighbours on how to behave and if so, do you tell them yourself or through somebody else ( your alias). If there is a majority of people that thinks that it is going well here, then it is going well. You have the right to setup a discussion and so has anyone the right to answer in their own way.

So instead of starting an endless discussion without giving a solution, try to be constructive for once. It's easy to start a riot here ( and you've been around here long enough to now how to do that), but it is better to give some solutions to try.

So to help you I will start with one possible solution and than you ( and others) can come up with some more possibilities.

Let's ask JMH132 to cut back the votes to 3 for each contest for at least a month. That way we can see if that brings a positive change.

Hope this contributes to a fair discussion.

Ps: I still think that it is strange that you hide behind an alias. People only do that if they have got something to lose or they are afraid. I'll say it once again; it's contradicting most of what you are saying here.

EJH

Post Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Look, I'm not interested in getting into a whole thing here, just taking a moment to respond to the comments that have been directed at me...

holly9000 wrote:
just trying to make the point that it's alot easier to call the game when you're not on the field ejh
This site is an exchange. Input is just as important as output. Just because I don't have the time to post images all the time doesn't mean I have nothing useful to contribute.

Quote:
you should at least be contributing--and i mean in the form of comments
I do leave comments sometimes. And when I vote I try to leave comments that say what I like about it. You're also ignoring the fact that I've exchanged PMs with people discussing their entries... some people are sensitive to open critiques, so I try to respect that. But how would you know that? You didn't bother to ask.

Quote:
when was the last time you left an "effort" vote?
I haven't. I don't vote that way. That's my right. I'll leave an "effort" comment instead.

Quote:
i try to vote everyday and use ALL my votes--they arn't worth ANYTHING if you don't use them
Votes (given and received) mean different things to everyone. I feel mine mean more when given out with thought, not thrown around just 'cause I've got them. But that's just me!

Quote:
you guys sit in your ivory chatroom and talk about us
Not sure if this is directed at me, but for what it's worth I've never set foot in the chatroom. I've developed a bad enough case of ADD in the forums, thank you Wink

bluefist
Site Moderator

Post Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Next time I'm in NYC.....we should have coffee.

EJH

Post Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Make it a strong drink and you've got a deal Smile

bluefist
Site Moderator

Post Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:22 pm   Reply with quote         

....twist my arm! Wink

Post Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say 'ni' at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this period in history.

EJH

Post Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:33 pm   Reply with quote         

SwordOfTruth wrote:
There are people here who have great stock image sources. ... The difference is, some people use a stock image to complete their idea, others use a stock image with a built in idea. I think there is a difference.
I think there's a good point here. It's easy to find an image that's already conceptual or clever, but a bit more challenging to build your own. I try to envision my final piece first, before I even begin searching for images. That way, I know exactly what I'm looking for.

I'll even offer up this post of mine as an example...
http://www.photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/68676/display.html

When I started out, I wanted to try to use all of the (kinda random) elements of the original PSC pic. So I came up with the idea for my entry, and sketched out the composition on a piece of paper. Then I set about searching for the photo sources I'd need: photo of stripper's spread legs from behind (preferably in a strip club setting), an enamoured onlooker, and bar accessories.

The only part of the psc image I didn't find a place for was the crayons, but if I'd spent more time, I probably could have worked them in.

And just for the hell of it, I included a link to my sources so people could see what went into it. As you can see, the original strip club image which is the setting of my post has a different guy in it. That would have served the purpose (I could have stuck the dollar bills in his hand), but it didn't have the humor I was going for. So I found the tourist guy and worked him in instead.

Not saying this is a great piece of art or anything, nor a revolutionary idea. Just an example...

ReinMan

Post Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Dear Mr. Panda

You are not SO polite, me thinks!

Here... have some of MY meds!

Smile

Post Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Well.. what's in a name anyway? Holly9000 should change it to: "slimyasskissingbastardthatpmsyouwithnoreasonjusttosuckyourballs"

p.s.: thanks for the meds, but i don't believe in them. fruit and veggies are fine

ReinMan

Post Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:37 pm   Reply with quote         

No Meds!? (*shudder*)

Not trying to change the way you are, but you MIGHT wanna cut down on the bambooooo shoooots ?
They can give you Mucho Gas and cause one to become GRUMPY and IRRITABLE
(NOT that there is ANYTHING WRONG with that!)

Confused

Cynn

Post Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Panda bears are notoriosly irritable. Don't you know the famous story?

Quote:
A Panda Bear walks into a cafe and orders a sandwich and a drink. After he is finished eating, the waiter comes over to bring him the check. When the waiter arrives at the table, he just starts to ask 'Would you like any des...' Then the Panda Bear reaches into his fur, pulls out a gun, and shoots the waiter dead. The Panda Bear then wipes off his chin with his napkin, gets up, and starts to walk out. Just as he is about to go through the door, the manager grabs him. 'Wait a minute!' he yells, 'You just killed my best waiter! Besides that, you didn't even pay for your sandwich!'

The Panda Bear grasps the manager by the throat, jacks him up, and growls, 'Hey man! I'm a PANDA! Do you know what that means? Why don't you look it up!'

At this the Panda walks out the door and ambles down the street.

The manager, shaken, returns to his office and consults a dictionary. He reads:

'Panda - a large mammal of the Asian mountain forests related to raccoons and true bears and characterized by bold black and white markings.

Eats shoots and leaves.'

Angel

ReinMan

Post Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:49 pm   Reply with quote         

BWAH AH AHAHA (*cough*) ahah HHA HA HAHH! FUNNY!

Shoots and leaves!

Just like I did as a teenage boy!!

BWAHHA HAHAHHAH AHHAHHAHH AH (*choke*) (*cough*) ha ha

Post Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:52 pm   Reply with quote         

I think I'll only get a lot of gas when I eat holly for breakfast. Or maybe it's better to get rid of his bowels before consuming him.

Post Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:53 pm   Reply with quote         

that's a classic, Cynn (good one)

ReinMan

Post Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:58 pm   Reply with quote         

*EDIT*

never mind - the last post was cancelled or somethin!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - A noble cause. - Reply to topic