Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Explain your name! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Patre

Post Thu May 05, 2005 4:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Badcop-a very good and funny guess which made me laugh...

However, for the record, I am 62 years old. If 16 ozBud was 15 years old in 1976 that would make him approximately 44 years old today. He perhaps was one of the students in the H.S. sophomore English class I taught that year. In which case, I am extremely proud of the way he has developed his writing skills, and thrilled that he had the discretion to
use those books for something other than a desperate substitute for a pillow.

I appreciate your wry and ironic sense of humor..

Patre

Post Thu May 05, 2005 5:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Hi Sage..
If I were Sword of Truth that would make me one of the cleverest men alive because my picture was the first one he used to make a statement about pasting the source into a good stock image and then relying on the visual power of the stock image to woo the viewers and collect the votes. In short, I would have been attacking myself in order to make a point. Would that I were so clever. To be honest, I have a hard enough time,
just trying to balance the checkbook. Never in my wildest dreams could I concoct a scheme as clever as the one implied by Sword Of Truth being a Patre alias. However,
I appreciate your tacit compliment and feel honored that you would even begin to conjecture that my feeble brain could master the tactics of such "undercover" brilliance.

These posts are engaging and fun. I enjoy them and laugh as I write in response.

Post Thu May 05, 2005 5:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Shocked

ReinMan

Post Thu May 05, 2005 6:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Patre, you ROCK DUDE! I hope I have 1/2 as much hair as you do when I get to your age! Smile

Er, um.. I MEAN I hope I have 1/2 as much going on UNDER my hair as you do when I get to your age.

(I'd edit that top part if I could figure out how to. but I ain't so smart, y'know?) Very Happy

Patre

Post Thu May 05, 2005 7:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Reinman..
I just hope that losing my hair and losing my mind are not simultaneous events associated
with losing my manhood, zest for life and/or hope for a better future.. I have a decent, but not copius measure of both at the present moment, and do not anticipate a sudden and/or unexpected loss in either area. However, life being what it is, it is hard to say what lies around life's next hairpin curve..
While I have no real gift for fortelling the future, the PSC crystal ball says your gifts of humor and friendly exchange will guide you into the future with more than the ordinary measure of good will and kindness. And the result has got to be an ever abundant topside growth and dangling neurons that never fail to connect when you need them.

Post Thu May 05, 2005 7:55 pm   Reply with quote         

"It's a herd of feral hamsters, a major herd, thundering across the yellow plains of the southern reaches of the Great Concavity in.what used to be Vermont. ... The herd is descended from two domestic hamsters set free by a Watertown, NY, boy ... the boy now attends college in Champaign, IL, and has forgotten that his hamsters were named Ward and June.

The noise of the herd is tornadic, locomotival. The expression on the hamsters' whiskered faces is businesslike and implacable. Feral hamsters are not pets. They mean business. Wide berth advised. Carry nothing even remotely vegetablish if in the path of a feral herd. If in the path of such a herd, move quickly and calmly in a direction perpendicular to their own."

--Infinite Jest, David Foster Wallace

16ozBud

Post Fri May 06, 2005 2:21 am   Reply with quote         

Re PATRE
Well I am not Patre as I was here first, I date back to 2002 therefore if anything Patre would be my alias....He He He...

Glendale Az....Now this is getting a bit close though.....My home town is Ahwatukee Arizona.

16ozBud

16ozBud

Post Fri May 06, 2005 2:24 am   Reply with quote         

What the fuck are those 4 boxes and a limp dick doing under my name?

Fugue

Post Fri May 06, 2005 4:41 am   Reply with quote         

fugue is the password on my on-line bank account, and also the name of a strange entity in Clive Barkers early novel "Weaveworld". There's also a musical meaning that I'm only vaguely aware of... but most importantly it's short & quick to type, so be grateful.

ReinMan

Post Fri May 06, 2005 9:40 am   Reply with quote         

WEAVEWORLD - great book!

FUGUE - the musical thing about your name is this: "A musical composition in which one or more themes are stated and then developed by means of imitation and elaborate counter-point."

That is the short version. For those of you who have WAY WAY WAY too much time on their hands you can read all about Fugue's musical moniker influence here: http://jan.ucc.nau.edu/~tas3/fugueanatomy.html
But I'll warn you, it'll bore you to tears. Much more fun to go find some J.S.Bach music and rock out to that!

Post Fri May 06, 2005 10:05 am   Reply with quote         

to add on to thel structural definition above, fugues are generally slow, somber and funereal.

ReinMan

Post Fri May 06, 2005 10:22 am   Reply with quote         

There is something else about being in a "Fugue State" which I have come to understand as being in a passed-out, or unconscious, state. Also can relate to a Trance state as is experienced by Shaman's or witch doctors.

P.S. - Mr. Hamster, I love your Name Genesis post there. In Canada we have not been plagued by your type as yet. But I'm waiting! Very Happy

Terminator!

Post Fri May 06, 2005 12:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Well, I can't explain how it happened, but my skin is merely living tissue over a metal endoskeleton, so I picked the name "Terminator!"

I actually tried Terminator without the exclamation point, but this site wouldn't allow it, so I added the exclamation point.

jcfreak63

Post Mon May 09, 2005 2:34 pm   Reply with quote         

If anyone cares,and I hope they do,jcfreak=Jesus Freak...63=year I was hatched.

On my knees before God I make my stand.
patim

Post Mon May 09, 2005 3:36 pm   Reply with quote         

@Fugue... What was that online accountnumber again? Raising Brow

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Explain your name! - Reply to topic