Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Topic VANISHED! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Showcase

Post Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:05 pm   Reply with quote         

You're welcome. After reading your first few comments about how your feelings were hurt, I chose my response with a great amount of care and condescension. It was something I thought you would understand. Turns out I was right.

That part about being so terribly offended and leaving so as not to further "shake" things up was touching, btw.

biscuit

Post Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:19 pm   Reply with quote         

You are such an a**hole, "showcase".
Thanks for taking the fun out of a harmless thread.
You "just like to give people sh*t", I guess that's your reputation, huh? Like you're better than everybody else...you can hide behind your computer and put people down, but I WISH you'd try that attitude with people in real-life. You'd have your "butt" kicked on a daily basis. You can't talk to people like that. Not without an angry reaction.

Showcase

Post Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:32 pm   Reply with quote         

biscuit wrote:
You are such an a**hole, "showcase".
Thanks for taking the fun out of a harmless thread.
You "just like to give people sh*t", I guess that's your reputation, huh? Like you're better than everybody else...you can hide behind your computer and put people down, but I WISH you'd try that attitude with people in real-life. You'd have your "butt" kicked on a daily basis. You can't talk to people like that. Not without an angry reaction.

you are entirely and completely wrong. I even offered you advice on how your pictures might be better received/allowed and said I appreciated your sentiments and doodles. I guess those got lost in my argument that your woes of censorship were a bit lame for a public forum like this. Sorry.

C'mon...we'll be best friends before you know it. Shocked

biscuit

Post Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:37 pm   Reply with quote         

No, I didn't ignore your advice, in fact, I put 2 non-offensive pics up afterwards.
It was your delivery that angered me.
I just don't let people talk like that to me. EVER.
If you want to be friends with me, choose wiser words, and I will be just as cordial to you.
Let's start again.

biscuit

Post Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Here's the Wal-Mart version:

Showcase

Post Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:59 pm   Reply with quote         

ok, its just my morbid sense of humour gets me into trouble sometimes.
But, I have to know one thing...this doesnt mean I have to get you a box of chocolates for Valentines, do I? Question Wink

biscuit

Post Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:09 pm   Reply with quote         

No, but I'll buy you one, sweet-thing... Wink
Well, this has been fun, but now I've got to play "the Valentine's Day Massacre" in an hour...maybe I'll get Robin to photoshop some images from that!
Later!

TofuTheGreat

Post Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:08 pm   Reply with quote         

biscuit wrote:
...and I'm not a f**king censorship martyr! You know there was nothing wrong with those drawings, they were FUNNY, a**hole. It wasn't that big of a deal.
Thanks for ruining the thread.
If you could go back and read it, it was a friendly, polite thread, saying hi to everybody, and I didn't know I'd get jumped on so badly for a stupid drawing.

First. I love the bunny doodle. Now on to other things.. You're not the only one to have had something pulled. Even Nancers (a moderator) has had things pulled. I've had forum post pulled, MorbidCircleArts has had posts pulled, etc., etc., etc.

Don't let Show get on you. That's just Show. You get used to him once you filter out the high and mighty tones. Show's not so bad. I didn't read his whole response as I'm just not into the drama. Plus the response you put did have a bit of a martyr complex to it. I read it as frustration. I wish I'd seen the original doodles before they got pulled though.

Try not to let these minor things drive you from finding all the good things that PSC offers. You're sure to make friends here if you hang around...

Oh, MORE BUNNY DOODLES! I still get a kick out of that one.

Post Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:20 pm   Reply with quote         

HA! this is a great thread! I enjoyed it. That rabbit with the guns is pretty good. I like pie, too. but Walmart has some crappy stuff. Wink By the way, Showcase, I think that was one of your best replies I have ever read. (the first one...well, all the rest were good too. Laughing )

Post Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Silly oversensitive people ....come on now... it wasn't that offensive... Why did this one get pulled?? I think it's the best one Very Happy

I love the drawings... and I think he's picking up PS like a champ... he's not one of those people who says "I don't like all that checkerboard stuff in the background" hehe

Show - lighten up dude Rolling Eyes Play nice... I think I've seen you offend... perhaps a time or two, no?

Wink

kwast

Post Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:31 pm   Reply with quote         

sweet and very offensive.
Show us the others and fuck the show!

Netwel

Post Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Hate to see that topic was removed. freedom of art my arse!

Quote:
By age 18, a U.S. youth will have seen 16,000 simulated murders and 200,000 acts of violence. - American Psychiatric Association

With that in mind, do people really think using the c-word is offensive?

Yesterday I wanted to show outsiders some nice, subtile pics. I went looking for claf's excellent no teeth entrie, only to discover it is gone. Where is it? What on earth is going on?

Post Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:14 am   Reply with quote         

Netwel wrote:
Hate to see that topic was removed. freedom of art my arse!

Quote:
By age 18, a U.S. youth will have seen 16,000 simulated murders and 200,000 acts of violence. - American Psychiatric Association

With that in mind, do people really think using the c-word is offensive?

While most probably don't consider it offensive enough to worry about it, its not necessary to flaunt it. I may hear it in real life from one of my friends, but im not going to knock him out or wash his mouth out with soap. Let's say the President may swear behind closed doors, but he won't be using the c-word in any speeches, if you know what I mean. Again, I have a great example in my head, but I can't get it out in words. whatever.

Also, I can see your point about freedom of art, but...crap, I'm really not getting anywhere, unless I could send my thought-waves to you... Laughing oh, well. I don't have a huge problem with it, but as a community it is frowned upon. Whatever, I can't write what I am thinking worth a damn. Argh

Post Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:48 am   Reply with quote         

I saw the post titled "robins b/f trying out PS, please look." My opinion is that the language in that post is not suitable for younger members of the PSC community who may choose to open a forum simply for the purpose of viewing comments and artwork. I am familiar with the logic that supports a mostly open forum and which suggests that parents should be responsible for what their children are allowed to view on the internet. However, I do not feel that that logic plays into the published viewing policy of the PSC site because the site is advertised as appropriate for family viewing. If parents believe that promise and allow their children to freely peruse the site, they in my view, would be more than alarmed,if and when they discovered what language and topics were actually available to the viewer in an occasional forum and in the chat room.

My suggestion would be to either advise potential viewers that not every area of the site will be family friendly or ban material that could be considered blatantly offensive. I also understand that what is blatantly offensive differs according to the subjectivity of the people making the judgment about the quality of the submitted photos, dialogue etc. However, in my view, the language under the forum heading described above should not be available to most young viewers ( 1- 13 years of age who can read) and who might have the opportunity to enter the site and casually review its content

The other concern is that if the site continues to be advertised as a "family site" but falls short of what most reasonable people would consider ethically acceptable, then the site's credibility is damaged and parents would be, in my judgment, rightfully concerned about giving their children the freedom to visit a site whose content cannot be trusted to maintain the ethical standards its policy professes to support.

I have watched and listened for some time before deciding to offer feedback on this topic because I didn't want to overreact and create an issue where one didn't really exist. However, I now believe that I am fairly challenging a PSC policy violation which if allowed to go unchecked could leave a very bitter taste in the mouths of parents and others who trusted the site to monitor its contents and protect the policy it professes to support.

Perhaps I am missing a caveat published somewhere on the site that alerts potential viewers that some areas of the site are not protected by the stated policy. In that case, I would stand corrected because viewers would have been fairly warned about the possibility of contacting some potentially offensive information in a site forum and/or in the chat room.

I do not consider myself a prude , but I do think that there are some images and dialogue that cross the ethically responsible line especially when it comes to exposing very young minds to the kinds of influences they are not mature enough to handle in a responsible way. For example, many of us would not want our children who could read (say a six year old) visiting the site and then casually uttering words like "f.... or c....in a public place, when they didn't even know what the words meant.. And I, as a parent, would not want my young children to ask their friends what those words meant, when my hunch is that their friends could not give them an explanation that would do justice to the reality of the true and/or connotated meaning of the words.

The bottom line,from my poiint of view, is that ,in this case, the line was drawn at the appropriate place in the verbal sand. If the PSC Administration were to change its content policy and advertise itself as an adult site, then I would have no difficulty accepting the "language" which is the subject of this debate because site members and perusers would have been given fair warning about the potential for viewing forum art/language etc. that some might consider offensive.

Post Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:05 am   Reply with quote         

yeah, there we go. Thank you, Patre, you pretty much said what I couldn't.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Topic VANISHED! - Reply to topic