Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - GREED IS GOOD - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Tawiskaro

Post Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
Tawiskaro wrote:
Luis, I know the origins of the programs, but the changes that occurred to bring about this mess took place in the Clinton years. Follow the links I posted.

I 'm not about to defend Clinton cause I think all politicians are out for their own self interests,so I guess each administration has contributed to the situation we now face. I can see that lowering restrictions and giving out high risk mortgages (btw.some high income people can also be considered high risk and live beyond their means-especially in this high pressure consumer society) could have negative repercussions in the long run, but the essence of creating these institutions was exactly to encourage home ownership "for all people richer or poorer" after the great depression as part of Roosevelt's new deal.People need to live somewhere other than under a bridge.The problem is not giving out the mortgages and loans but why they can't be paid.If people were honest,responsible, had the jobs to make the money and pay their mortgages we wouldn't be in this situation.The mortgage crisis,however is a sympton of a deeper economic,social and spiritual problem in the world as a whole.And a very convoluted and complicated one at that. Confused

Here you can see some of the self-serving politicians in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs. The report under discussion is the very same one referenced in the Wall Street Journal article linked above.

Government is a necessary evil, I suppose, but the larger it becomes, the greater the resulting evil.

dewdew

Post Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:28 pm   Reply with quote         

The goverment says the BANKS have given out more than they had. Shocked I'm no fucking accountant, but i don't see how the hell that's even POSSIBLE. KNOT subtracted from KNOT = KNOT.

The trouble is they gave money out with the thought of TRAPPING YOU INTO UN-GODLY PAYMENTS and fees. Not just in HOMES...it's all those CREDIT CARDS. Start out at 10%...make one late payment it's 32%. They know you only have 20 real days to make the payment. They also know that you could never pay it off at the current rate. They WANT TO MAKE YOU A SLAVE. It's preying on the stupidity of those that do not understand how all the annual rates and late payments work. Does it matter that you have no idea what your getting into. NO, they like it that way. What they did not count on was that you would just stop making that payment all together. GAS is more important at this time. Folks need to go to work before they can pay LEGIT bills. Let along bills that are never going to be paid off no matter how much you send. One of the biggest contributor to the problem is CHASE BANK. They send out BILLIONS of dollars worth of PRE-APPROVED credit card junk mail. NOt to mention the trees it takes to make the paper. ITS A SCAM OF "THE POWERS THAT BE", SADLY the scam has come back and BIT them on the ASS. BECAUSE all that extra percentage in overdue fees does not matter if you are not paying it anyway.

BRING ON THE DEPRESSION. This country has been run by the same folks for 75 years. PRESIDENT WHO? don't mean shit. HE has no power. He can go along with the way it works, or they take him out from the GRASSY KNOLL. Same goes for congress, senate, and even your home town banks and politicians. Until we as a whole decide to stand and have it changed...it'll always be that way.

I just think alot of folks had better learn to get Tuff....because tuff is coming. All you hear is the same excuses when you talk about how things are WRONG......WELL, NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT. I WISH IT WAS DIFFERENT. THATS JUST HOW IT IS. THIS BAILOUT is what that kind of mentality gets you. If it all went back to the way it was before 2001, within two days everyone would be right back taking out that money for the house they can't believe they were able to get a LOAN for. Damn did your mom's not tell you people that if it's too good to be TRUE. IT IS. Argh

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:51 pm   Reply with quote         

ODG...LISTEN TO DEWDEW!

did I type that? Laughing

dewdew

Post Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
ODG...LISTEN TO DEWDEW!

EVE, LIKE YOU WORK ON WALLSTREET!! Laughing

If you believe it will matter if it's Obama or Mccain that gets office your blind. They mean very little to how things are run. They are a FIGURE HEAD. This country has been run almost from the start by the same people. So-much so that we have no major exports to sell. We send all our jobs to other countrys, and we give away loans knowing it will be impossible for the person to make the payments, but hoping he will try til it hurts. So if you think a MEETING of three people will change things your nuts....THEY ARE JUST TRYING TO FIND A WAY TO ROB PETER, and PAY PAUL.
Their GREED for your money is what caused all this. THE economy got bad because of the war and gas, plus the already major loss of jobs and work from 9-11 multiplied the situation. Then the oil tycoons want to HURRY and get what they can for that OIL so another hit on the banks and spending in general. So how do they decide to make money move..GIVE YOU SOME....remember the 300 tax back....well it now cost 10 times that amount. Sorry they did not tell you all that

P.S....i'm stealing the chick picture for a AVI. Twisted Evil ....i like him. HE's COCKY... Confused no pun intended.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - GREED IS GOOD - Reply to topic