Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - N.G.S.P. discgolf pics (edited thread) - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

bigbuck

Post Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:52 am   Reply with quote         

Is it a frisbee Matt?

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:18 am   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:
Is it a frisbee Matt?
yeah technically but they have a flight of around 300 feet for me... others can throw them over 500 feet... they dont look like a frisbee except the putters... ( you have a driver... a mid range... and a putter disc ) the sport is played like golf rule wise but instead of hitting a ball you throw the disc's that are much smaller than you average frisbee... into a basket that catches them.. it really fun Wink i hope that helps brad.

PSC is like a gang... i got beat in... if i leave... they'll beat me off!!!
annajon

Post Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:20 am   Reply with quote         

Cool stuff Matt.

MindGraph

Post Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:31 am   Reply with quote         

weird that I was just yesterday looking at taking this up. We have a course where I play racquetball and it looks like a lot of fun. These are the different discs. http://www.midtowncoffee.com/midtowncoffee/discsMidtownCoffee2.jpg

This is a map of our park but you can see how the course works it's way through it. http://www.columbiacountyga.gov/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=2063
Think I'm going to give it a whirl since I suck at regular golf but I'm ok at frisbee.
Do you throw them like a regular frisbee or is there a special technique?

mellowdesign

Post Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:18 am   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:

Getting exercise while puffing on a fag - made me laugh George! Laughing Laughing Laughing

(Fag = cigarette Shocked )

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:52 pm   Reply with quote         

ha ha ha Shocked very funny carol
-dave-

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Post Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:53 pm   Reply with quote         

MindGraph wrote:
weird that I was just yesterday looking at taking this up. We have a course where I play racquetball and it looks like a lot of fun. These are the different discs. http://www.midtowncoffee.com/midtowncoffee/discsMidtownCoffee2.jpg

This is a map of our park but you can see how the course works it's way through it. http://www.columbiacountyga.gov/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=2063
Think I'm going to give it a whirl since I suck at regular golf but I'm ok at frisbee.
its deffinatly worth giving it a shot... what is the name of the park by your place? and yeah you can throw them like a frisbee or sidearm which is called for hand

ReinMan

Post Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:52 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm not sure what you got a hold of there, but I hope it isn't FLAMMABLE!! Shocked

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Post Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:56 pm   Reply with quote         

hah thats a pretty cool pic their reindude Wink

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:05 pm   Reply with quote         

George, Carol and Dave... something you want to tell us Laughing

MindGraph

Post Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:28 pm   Reply with quote         

NOGOODSK8RPUNK wrote:
MindGraph wrote:

its deffinatly worth giving it a shot... what is the name of the park by your place? and yeah you can throw them like a frisbee or sidearm which is called for hand

good to know on the throw. I guess whatever is most comfortable.
Our park is called Patriots Park in Evans, Georgia.

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Post Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:43 am   Reply with quote         

MindGraph wrote:
NOGOODSK8RPUNK wrote:
MindGraph wrote:

good to know on the throw. I guess whatever is most comfortable.
Our park is called Patriots Park in Evans, Georgia.
damn b i cant find it on the site... can you give me an address?

comfotable... for me is fore hand ( side arm ) as i'm a small dude and dont have the muscle power to throw it back hand. i can toss it into the 300 foot range fore hand way.

but for u my only advice is do what you feel comfortable i would recomend a "roc" disk which is a multi purpose disc...

a great beginner disc that you should pay about 10-15 bucks for depending on the plastic and model of the series .

if you dont like the sport DO NOT spend anymore money... but besides the ROC disc which i use as what it's made for ( multi purpose ) but if you like the sport find a driver disc that you like.

for me its all trial and error much lke the way i chop lol Wink

MindGraph

Post Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:47 am   Reply with quote         

my bad...it's right on the border of Evans and Augusta.

Patriots Park
5445 Columbia Road
Grovetown, Georgia 30813

TheShaman

Post Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:33 am   Reply with quote         

http://www.pdga.com/course-directory

find just about any course in the country.

when I go on vacation, I take my disc's along Very Happy

Thats me in Clearwater, Fl a few years back... First time I ever had a Gator as a hazard.
I've been to several courses in Illinois & Wisconsin. 2 in St. Louis & 3 in Florida.

I've got about 15 courses within a 20 mile radius of me alone.
and the kids got me a portable basket for fathers day this last year, really nice to be able to sit in my driveway and putt all day long. They have a lot of fun as well.

I've never understood how anyone can get accuracy from throwing side arm like you do... but I know its possible... Matt, have you ever tried using a Polaris?

Micose

Post Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:58 am   Reply with quote         

NOGOODSK8RPUNK wrote:
p.s. unfortunately the site the pics are uploaded on... only allow small file sizes... so if anyone would like the original high resolutions pm me or drop a reply here and i'll find a way to get them to you Wink

i d like the highres of the n°7 bro
naikoivanenko@gmail.com
Smile

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - N.G.S.P. discgolf pics (edited thread) - Reply to topic