Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Wisdom Teeth - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

DaVinci

Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:21 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
DaVinci wrote:
Ok I asked for "nice" stories, not scary shit!

Laughing Nice stories and wisdom teeth do not go hand and hand Laughing

WHAT?! Were you expecting the tooth fairy?

Laughing

Tooth fairy sounds weet, but not this dude with his goaty Very Happy

TheShaman

Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:21 pm   Reply with quote         

DaVinci wrote:

Thanks for sharing Sean, now I feel much better...NOT! Rolling Eyes Laughing

no problems brother! Laughing
you will however feel much better once you get them pulled.

DaVinci

Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:43 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
DaVinci wrote:

Thanks for sharing Sean, now I feel much better...NOT! Rolling Eyes Laughing

no problems brother! Laughing
you will however feel much better once you get them pulled.

Alright man, I will salut

mikey

Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:08 pm   Reply with quote         

I hope you get them taken care of and you feel better soon! ~ I'm lucky I never got wisdom teeth. I must be a star child or something? Laughing

Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:06 pm   Reply with quote         

You can do this yourself, just get a hammer, a chisel, some gauze pads, a mirror, a flashlight, more gauze pads, a screw driver just in case... some hemostats, (clean the weed tar off first) have your cel phone nearby, put a big pillow on the floor, OK what else? I think I'm forgetting something... Rolling Eyes you ready? Razz

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Had mine pulled in two separate sessions. The upper ones went fine. Yeah there was pain but it wasn't bad with the drugs.

The lower ones, however, were hell. I had dry sockets and didn't know it. Went nearly 4 days in agony before giving in and going back to the dentist. They packed them with clove and within 20 minutes I felt 100% better.

I'm thinking you've got dry sockets yourself. Shocked

dewking

Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:00 pm   Reply with quote         

I just had all 4 of mine out a couple months back (as well as another tooth in the back that was damaged)... anyway, I was TERRIFIED going into it. I have a fairly big fear of needles, and the thought of having to have a needle kept me from going to have them out for a while.

Let me say, if everything went as easily as that day went, I'd do it again and again. They gave me some pills to take ahead of time to calm my fear (though I was still shaking when they got the needle ready), but about 3 seconds after they put it in, I was OUT... didnt feel or remember a damn thing!

I got out, was on Oxycodone for a day, then just took some advil if I felt pain coming on... overall, little to no pain.

I am the biggest wimp when it comes to going to the doctors or dentist (mainly because of the needle fear), but I had really made myself freak out over what turned out to be nothing.

So dont worry about it. I'd recommend going to a dentist that you feel comfortable with (I turned down 2 surgeons because I didnt like them as much), and if you are really worried, ask them to prescribe you something to take the morning of to calm your nerves.

The important thing... keep changing the gause they give you, DO NOT USE A STRAW OR SIP ANYTHING because it will cause a dry socket which WILL hurt... stock up on pudding and apple sauce and heat/cold packs to keep swelling down. The second day was my worst, though by worst, it was just like a minor toothache feeling.

Good luck!

zebob 06/09 @ 11:14 am
im more of an alethic computer geek that doesnt play sports but is still strong.
sage

Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:30 pm   Reply with quote         

I had three out of the four pulled out. No biggy, except that the next week, my appendix burst. I'm not saying these events are related, but.... Razz

seelcraft

Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Had mine out early before they could be impacted. Local anesthetic. No big deal. 'Course, most dentist/carpenters used stone axes back then (over 50 years ago)... Smile

Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:56 pm   Reply with quote         

sage wrote:
I had three out of the four pulled out. No biggy, except that the next week, my appendix burst. I'm not saying these events are related, but.... Razz

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Nice work sage!!

I'm still laughing...

Get r gone! no big deal. I had all 4 pulled in about 6 hours and was back to work the next year.

DaVinci

Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:25 am   Reply with quote         

TJ wrote:
sage wrote:

Nice work sage!!

I'm still laughing...

Get r gone! no big deal. I had all 4 pulled in about 6 hours and was back to work the next year.

Uhm...6 hours? Wow! I hope this was somewhere in December, because you went back to work the NEXT year?? Shocked right...

DaVinci

Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:26 am   Reply with quote         

dewking wrote:
I just had all 4 of mine out a couple months back (as well as another tooth in the back that was damaged)... anyway, I was TERRIFIED going into it. I have a fairly big fear of needles, and the thought of having to have a needle kept me from going to have them out for a while.

Let me say, if everything went as easily as that day went, I'd do it again and again. They gave me some pills to take ahead of time to calm my fear (though I was still shaking when they got the needle ready), but about 3 seconds after they put it in, I was OUT... didnt feel or remember a damn thing!

I got out, was on Oxycodone for a day, then just took some advil if I felt pain coming on... overall, little to no pain.

I am the biggest wimp when it comes to going to the doctors or dentist (mainly because of the needle fear), but I had really made myself freak out over what turned out to be nothing.

So dont worry about it. I'd recommend going to a dentist that you feel comfortable with (I turned down 2 surgeons because I didnt like them as much), and if you are really worried, ask them to prescribe you something to take the morning of to calm your nerves.

The important thing... keep changing the gause they give you, DO NOT USE A STRAW OR SIP ANYTHING because it will cause a dry socket which WILL hurt... stock up on pudding and apple sauce and heat/cold packs to keep swelling down. The second day was my worst, though by worst, it was just like a minor toothache feeling.

Good luck!

Pudding and apple sauce? Laughing well...maybe I will loose some weight to after those holidays!

DaVinci

Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:28 am   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:
You can do this yourself, just get a hammer, a chisel, some gauze pads, a mirror, a flashlight, more gauze pads, a screw driver just in case... some hemostats, (clean the weed tar off first) have your cel phone nearby, put a big pillow on the floor, OK what else? I think I'm forgetting something... Rolling Eyes you ready? Razz

Ok no more pictures please, very ouch! Confused Laughing

Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:07 am   Reply with quote         

DaVinci wrote:
Paul Von Stetina wrote:

Ok no more pictures please, very ouch! Confused Laughing

holy mother of god! I'll let my mouth rot before something like this happens. NO WAY! Crying or Very sad

yello_piggy

Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:56 am   Reply with quote         

I had two of them removed, and still two more in my mouth. The first one was pulled with overall preparation, that means antibiotika already a week before, then pulling, and after this several times of radiation. I had some painful moments and my jaw was swollen for about two weeks.
The second tooth was pulled without all this shite around, just took place at the dentist, she pulled it out, I went home, ready. no pain, nothing.

dont give it more attention than needed, thats my message to you! good luck with it!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Wisdom Teeth - Reply to topic