Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Speaking out.... - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:04 pm   Reply with quote         

"It's easy if you try..."

ReyRey

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:05 pm   Reply with quote         

If you're with Marco, get used to the drama.

YerPalAl

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Well, everybody has their own method, and I am not saying anyone is wrong, but for my own self I can't see not voting for a deserving chop simply because the contest has a prize involved.

But that's just me.

annajon

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:08 pm   Reply with quote         

that would only make a difference if your vote would mean somebody other then you had a chance to win, would it not?

I love anon comps, nobody knows about any of it then.........

ReyRey

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Marco would blow a horse to get a vote and he does try to
influence votes if they are not going his way... But that's
just my opinion. Twisted Evil
(lights fuse and steps away)

MamaBallistic

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
Quote:
MamaHet
Yeah Mark.... Get Real!!! I mean, so what if it looks slightly odd that a mod has won BOTH of the latest anons, so what if it was also done with some really great entries in those comps too & so what if another mod ONLY voted on the one entry *Very Happy

I noticed you were right there in on it too. Rolling Eyes
What do you think "looked slightly odd"? How can one person make any kind of difference of the outcome in any given competition?

Some ppl here fought long and hard to get their Speed Chops and Proc acquiesced. PSC states that it gives out prizes. I have no problem with a few $50 prize contests. IMO, it brings out better chops...mostly.

Quote:
MamaHet
Maybe people need to speak up about it then if this is the feeling, surely the only way anything like that would ever come into effect is if enough people speak out about it. I completely agree though, anon should mean anon to everyone who enters/votes.

Seems to me that only you and Marco are having "this feeling."

Did Marco get some PMs from ppl telling him to STFUAC?? awwwwww

Eve,
I feel you are being quite childish about this & seem to have some sort of complex about what people say, to reiterate... Mark did NOT accuse you of anything at all, he was asking how much mods can see during an anon comp.

This wasn't anything against you or your entry, it was simply a point being made which has got way out of hand.

Mark has had no PM's telling him to STFUAC, he's had messages of support (to my account also) because he understands that he said something at the wrong time & some people respect that fact - unfortunately you don't seem to be one of these people.

I'm not going to get into some stupid online "Keyboard Ninja" war with you - you can do this with yourself because personally I'm not interested. My first response on your entry in which I pointed out everything that was being said to Mark was meant as complete sarcasm towards everything that was happening & was expected to lighten the atmosphere because believe it or not I'm really a nice person with respect for a hell of a lot of people - maybe I should take the fact that you're now telling me that it was only Mark & I who had this feeling as a slur upon my character & personality? - I'm not going to by the way because I know I've seen the messages to our inboxes.

I don't want to be falling out with anyone, that's just not me to do so, however, opinions are like assholes - everyone has one & I'm choosing to share my opinion on the situation & protocol.

I'm fully aware now that should I choose to keep chopping I will no longer receive votes from some people no doubt because they don't agree with my opinions but so be it, I will be voting fairly for the images that I think deserve the vote NOT the creator.

I'm sorry that you feel that this has been a personal slur, it's all got waaaay out of hand & I think it's time for the whole thing to be dropped now.

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
.......I think the prize comps are run in the completely wrong way, no-one should have access to the information or if they do then they shouldn't be allowed to vote & anyone who wants to now hit back at me can feel free to because I'm allowed an opinion & that is it.

There is a flaw with that though. If a mod enters, then they either can't fully participate, or they can't moderate.

When I choose moderators for my websites, the first thing I look at is, "Can I trust this person?" As a moderator, I take offense to the notion that people may not trust me enough to participate in a contest and still have all the tools necessary for moderation at my disposal. I Also take offense to the notion that the other mods may not be trusted in the same way.

MamaBallistic

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:21 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:

I see your comments are completely constructive again Rolling Eyes Razz

ReyRey

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:31 pm   Reply with quote         

MamaHet wrote:
ReyRey wrote:

I see your comments are completely constructive again Rolling Eyes Razz

you're right..I'm wrong..I think it was actually a goat.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:51 pm   Reply with quote         

MamaHet wrote:
....about yesterdays events on Eves entry & comments given......

I feel really bad for Mark with this, I have clearly seen how much the comments have affected him in the past 24 hours if it is & would like to make it clear that....

I'm quickly finding some of the personalities around here quite ugly, people will NOT speak up & say what they actually mean so here's the thing.....

I wish you all well & hope that this can blow over without being mentioned anymore - you know we're gonna look back on this at some point & have a laugh about it, it's what life's about essentially!!

MH x

I didn't start this thread, you did. I took it that you feeling really badly for Mark meant that he was affected only by "negative press." If he had supportive PMs, why are ya feeling badly?

And I'm curious, you're so new here yet you find some of us "ugly"? Amazing

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok I can see fun has been being had here.

Eve, I am not going to speak for Rach, she says what she thinks, she has her own mind and believe me I know Laughing

Anyways, I could not be happier that she is sharing my hobby that is PSC with me. And within that I have talked about the site and people on it as she wished to know.

I did not advertise any bad people or points of the place. You seem stunned she can make up her own mind in such a small ammount of time in relation to what feeling she gets from people? Why?

The point I made to you yesterday was valid, and you got the wrong end of the stick. I just got the answers from another mod in about 2 minutes. If you had done that yesterday non of this would have kicked off.

Now I admit I was totally at fault by

a) doing it on your entry, but I thought it would take a few comments and it would be done, so didn't make a thread, that ended up happening anyway

and

b) by doing what I did, made me look like I was pissed you won at all and I was a sore loser. When infact I was not even thinking of that at the time. And I sure did not take offence by you win. I congratulated you for gods sake, it was the first thing I did!

My point I stand by, the questions I had in relation to it have now been answered.

ReinMan

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:08 pm   Reply with quote         

OKAY

SERIOUSLY

I'M GETTING PISSED OFF

STOP

OR BE STOPPED

love,
ReinNAZI

*edit* (not at your post above, Marco. I crossed over on my post with you. I think EVERYONE should just walk away from this right now.

Marco: You made a good point and people are thinking about it. Your timing sucked, and people are thinking about it.
Hopefully the IMPORTANT things to think about will survive, and the piddly things will go away soon. Wink

So I'd like all parties in this to just let this thread die. Okay?

Reinier

annajon

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Can we please stop bitching at eachother now.........

I know we are all creatures with our own habits and our own ways. I also know that we like to be the best of all. Having won a few contests now I know what it feels like to win as well. But that does not mean I would begrudge anyone else a chance to win. And I am sure nobody else would do that either.

Eve won contests before and she has shown to be a very capable photoshopper. She has created images that sparked the "yes this it is" feeling in two competitions that happened to be anonimous - so nobody need to get worked up about it.

Well done Eve.

Further more I would refere to the ReinMan forum about taking one step back on responding to a competition win, and take a deep breath - and one more - and one more on the next day - and if you feel the need to still saying something after three days, respond......... whole heartedly.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Yes, Marco the mod who answered your question was me. You want me to share our PMs for all to see?

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Rey.... Surprised he didn't did he? Surprised Oh my, I shall have to move him to the city then, can't have him living in the country with all those animals around Surprised Laughing

Eve.....The reason I felt for Mark was that he was misunderstood in what he said & everything got out of hand - believe me I know there's something wrong with Mark when he disappears without letting me know where he's going to which is EXACTLY what happened today. He was genuinely hurt that you thought he was accusing you of cheating when he had asked you a simple question.

He knows he went the wrong way about it & to be fair your response wasn't exactly what I would expect from a mod on any site, let alone one on a site he uses often & has been using for years!

As for me finding some personalities ugly then yes, this is true, as a trained mentor/counsellor I find it very easy to pick up on peoples personalities & rarely find that I have misjudged anyone.

As Mark said I have my own mind & often speak it if I have a valid point.

The point in this thread was to settle the situation down & to clear up the fact that Mark wasn't accusing anyone of anything.

I really can't be bothered with this anymore anyway, I have tried to explain to you what had happened & help it to blow over for everyones benefit as it would be nice for everyone to get along without all this.

Rein.... happen to have your key there? Time to lock this thread one thinks, there's no reasoning with some people & I'm fighting a losing battle in trying to remedy the situation.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Speaking out.... - Reply to topic