Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Happy 20th Anniversary Photoshop - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

annajon

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Michel wrote:
TofuTheGreat wrote:
Russ Brown is kinda creepy looking now. Shocked

I knew it! Laughing Laughing Laughing

annajon

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Michel wrote:
annajon wrote:
Michel wrote:
Michel wrote:
It’s ironic to see him warning people about the perspective of having photomanipulated pictures change the way we take photos at “face value” as we are entering a world that is more virtual every day. Maybe he couldn’t see it coming back then?

Things were not so "good" then, that the obvious changes were undetected

Images were doctored way before PS ever existed.

I don't know why some people thought photographs had to be "pure" and represent reality. When people were using films, there were all sorts of different kind of films to choose from, with different colour tones. Then, there's also the angle of the lens, which angle should be considered to be like you are looking with your eyes? I don't believe there's such a thing as a picture that is "true" to reality. I guess you could say: "as seen through my camera".

Making an image look "natural" and "realistic" is an art in itself. A makeup artist explained to me that to achieve the "natural" look, you needed the most makeup. Laughing

--- Forum Problems ---
Is anyone aware of such problem in the forum? I tried editing or deleting my second post by clicking on the link and it brought me to the "reply with quote" screen. I can't seem to make it work.

Now that you mention it.... I do recall the days of the USSR, when photo's of governments were altered - each time somebody fell out of luck....

I saw a photo in a television programme that showed a group of people, and then they showed the same photo and how it changed year after year. When people were kicked out of politics they totally were eradicated, even their history was deleted from the old photo's. And there was no Adobe photoshop in these days. The changes were done on the negatives and then a new print was made. Talk about oblivian...... Confused

Michel

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:49 pm   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
Now that you mention it.... I do recall the days of the USSR, when photo's of governments were altered - each time somebody fell out of luck....

I saw a photo in a television programme that showed a group of people, and then they showed the same photo and how it changed year after year. When people were kicked out of politics they totally were eradicated, even their history was deleted from the old photo's. And there was no Adobe photoshop in these days. The changes were done on the negatives and then a new print was made. Talk about oblivian...... Confused

Sounds like the novel "1984".

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:03 pm   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:

woah, thats trippy..

Post Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:09 am   Reply with quote         

Michel wrote:
annajon wrote:

Sounds like the novel "1984".

novel? more like prophecy Smile

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Happy 20th Anniversary Photoshop - Reply to topic