Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - chopped or not???? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Oscar

Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:09 pm   Reply with quote         

It's real, i saw the news long time ago... and i agree with alex... the Ferrari went under the truck not the other way around. Surprised

anfa

Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:31 pm   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
It's real. I remember when this picture was new. You can find a whole ton of photos (including this one somewhere) at this site that features wrecked cars. And there is damage and scuffs on the ceiling, I don't see how you can't see it.

www.wreckedexotics.com
more specifically, here is the section dedicated to weird wrecks:
http://www.wreckedexotics.com/newphotos/weird/

The description for this particular photo, from what I can remember, is that the truck driver vaulted off an embankment or something higher up and landed in the garage, and on top of the car. He didn't hit the back of the car, therefore it isn't badly damaged.

And, if it were a chop, then what would have caused the damage? Trust me, I've seen more bizarre photos of wrecks than this.

Edit: just saw someone had linked to Snopes. Didn't know they had this particular wreck, so there you go. Smile

I agree with everything you said there mate apart from when you said "Trust me". Laughing

Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Well, FARK YOU!!

Razz Nah, it's basically all true. I don't know the minor details, but the truck did indeed crash into the garage and onto the Modena.

Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:51 pm   Reply with quote         

I think it's real!

Marx-Man

Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:59 pm   Reply with quote         

hmm analysis

Rubble flair off is bunched up. under the farrari and to the right... there is also lead in rubble at the left hand side.

firstly determining which car was in the garage.

the truck has damage to the back to the right hand side. there is no apparent glass on the floor so you can't assume that the damage occured because of the crash.

the dint in the side of the van.. at the back... would indicate an impact from behind... from the right... but again with no smashed glass

"The farrari carryed the door under the truck" is the theory applyed so far. if this is the case.. then the door would be riped off and upside down. the door is placed between the cars and is right way up (exteriour facing up) right way up as if the door caved in from the top or middle...

the direction of the door would indicate it was hit from the top left side or middle and ridden up until it collapsed... the direction of the truck corroborates this..

the farrari is stationary assuming the hand brake is on it would not move very far if a car rode over it with a ramp to aid it.

if the truck did indeed ride up on the door there would be buckling on the left rear side of the car which is present. and a scuff mark on the ceiling also present.

what caused it? most likly the tail light can accont for that. gradual increasing damage the further back you get indicates the truck was moving and was subject to the pit manuvre or a rear end shunt from a perpendicular strike. !<

likly sequence of events leading up to the incident..

Truck asuming its not stolen.

(truck is an american model)
America drives on the right

Stuck from behind on the right side.

(truck drier on way home. clipped from the right at the back poping the light out of the socket.

the driver of the truck looses control and turns right at 120 to 145 degrees not quite a spin out... but not quite pitted out. because the car that poped the light out did not hit it that hard. but it did lift the back up.

the truck ends up facing the garages direction. driver chooses the garage rather than a brick wall... tuck turns to face the garage from the left and strikes the door. the brakes are on rubble from the brick work is projected under the parked farrari and across the floor as the truck rides up the locked garage door... (garage dooors lock from the bottom) allowing the truck too ride up the door taking the door with it when it buckles but only from the left hand side.

the garage door acts like a ramp allowing the truck to ride up onto the farrari.

Once there the truck comes to a halt... the base of the garage door makes contact with the locked back break and wont go any further backwards.

door is distorted and comes off its hinges left first right last.. meaning the top bends around the car matching the shape whilst the right hand side is still connected to the frame until the last second (but may still be cconnected we cant see it)

in summary

- truck clipped from behind looses tail light

- rear ended truck lifts off the ground allowing it to pivot on its front wheels...

- turns to the right 120 to 145 degrees and carrys on moving when the wheels touch the ground it accelerates... (driver shocked must have floored it. breaked having realised he is heading for a house with garage)

- swirves into garage door but not avoiding the brick work next to it and takes some brick work with it.

- rides up door which acts like a ramp scrapes the eiling in doing so... onto farrari buckling the back... left side of the car the door still attached to the locking mechanism on the right bends around the farrari. then the shear force rips the door

(rubble projected to the right under the farrari, ceiling was scrapped light fittings removed...)

Conclusion

Farrari parked in garage. picture is not likly to be a forgery as too many variables are accounted for

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:04 am   Reply with quote         

um. it was already determined that the truck went airborne and crashed through the garage onto the Ferrari. (Not Fararri. Razz ) This was all determined before this thread was created here, as this photo is years old. You should try to get a job on the CSI tv show or something though...Would you care to point out the lead on the floor? I can't seem to be able to figure out where it is...

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:46 am   Reply with quote         

That lead.. is the runner from the garage door.. facing the direction it was pulled from.. bottom came off first then it bent in the middle finally released from the top and lined up with the crash

Oscar

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:53 am   Reply with quote         

Does any one hear white noise?

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:04 am   Reply with quote         

ah, ok. I thought you meant the element 'lead'.

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:26 am   Reply with quote         

Easy! No chop!

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:29 am   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
chop, marco style drop shadow on the roof is a dead give away, drop shadow from back left wheel covering the window????

What!? It means marco is doing realistic drop shadows... no way!? Shocked

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:36 am   Reply with quote         

The truck went over the Ferrari, look at the back tires, no skid marks, just dust, look at the damage on the upper left of the garage, this is an old picture also, I got this about 5 years ago, this is not a chop, my brothers friends cousin, knew the guy down the street that was a roomate of the guy that knew the person that shot it Wink Laughing see that's proof Shocked

anfa

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:52 am   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
splodge wrote:
chop, marco style drop shadow on the roof is a dead give away, drop shadow from back left wheel covering the window????

What!? It means marco is doing realistic drop shadows... no way!? Shocked

BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAAAAA!

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:41 am   Reply with quote         

ahhh f**k the lot of ya's Laughing

splodge

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:02 am   Reply with quote         

Smile

Hallcross Toots

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - chopped or not???? - Reply to topic