Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Photoshop Request - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:40 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Very Happy

You should try becoming a part of the community before expecting anyone to do anything serious with any of this.

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:45 am   Reply with quote         

cherylm329 wrote:
I would say it's an influence, just like some put pot into there chops, an example is an example and it is contributing because were displaying it to be "cool" on a site where minors are present. Shocked

I'm not naive enough to think that my kids aren't exposed to all kinds of things that I wouldn't want them to know about.

And, while I'm not a fan of illegal drugs and the glamorization of them, I have to say that there is something aesthetically pleasing about a pot leaf. The symmetry of the leaves and the zig-zag edges are pleasing to the eye. Confused

creatrix

Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:49 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
As a father of a teenage daughter this one disturbs me greatly.

I wouldn't want to be associated with putting a someone into that scene.

I was 16 once and it disturbed me!! That poor girl is either completely drunk, or thinks nothing of herself and those guys are jerks for thinking it's funny that she's demeaning herself like that.

okay... off of my soapbox now. Embarassed

Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:59 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
cherylm329 wrote:
I would say it's an influence, just like some put pot into there chops, an example is an example and it is contributing because were displaying it to be "cool" on a site where minors are present. Shocked

I'm not naive enough to think that my kids aren't exposed to all kinds of things that I wouldn't want them to know about.

And, while I'm not a fan of illegal drugs and the glamorization of them, I have to say that there is something aesthetically pleasing about a pot leaf. The symmetry of the leaves and the zig-zag edges are pleasing to the eye. Confused

I agree, I am not naive in the least I was a teenager once and I don't plan on sheltering my daughter from these things. I want her to be aware of them and there harmful effects (of course to deter her from ever using, I am such a hypocrite). I am a fan of the "pot" plant once in a while, but I dread the thought of my daughter ever using, weird how that works.

TheShaman

Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:11 am   Reply with quote         

I agree with tofu, having a 5yr old daughter myself... but I started working on this because I felt sorry no one was helping his cause. So I feel I still have to post this

Laughing

also take heed of what volkswes and the others said... become part of our community, and 9/10 we will help you out Wink

Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:35 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
I agree with tofu, having a 5yr old daughter myself... but I started working on this because I felt sorry no one was helping his cause. So I feel I still have to post this

Laughing

also take heed of what volkswes and the others said... become part of our community, and 9/10 we will help you out Wink

Laughing x 10^6

mikey

Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Can we all do a picture that really means something? ~ for a change! Rolling Eyes

Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:36 pm   Reply with quote         

mikey wrote:
Can we all do a picture that really means something? ~ for a change! Rolling Eyes

I agree. but not for someone who just shows up and asks us to do so. I think doing something for our real community would be awesome though, kinda like an add 1 thing to the picture contests. But serious.

Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:41 pm   Reply with quote         

i remember mikey thinking about this a few days ago. lets get it started already! someone bring up a thread and lets get the ball rolling! Very Happy

or I will! you have been warned Smile

ScionShade

Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:35 pm   Reply with quote         

mikey wrote:

You tell me how you can do something meaningful...with this.

All I can come up with is to tell her/ I think a her/ to use a toothbrush on that hairy tongue.

Mir

Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:22 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:

Laughing

Oh I love this one.

Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:39 pm   Reply with quote         

darealme - Don't misunderstand us and think we are a unfriendly bunch.....it's just that we get people joining just to try to get freebie work done all the time, and it gets old. If you are into PS you shouldn't let our responses to this thread scare you off. Hang around for a while, and get to know some people, and you'll grow to love this place. Wink You can make so many friends that are willing to go out of their way to help you with stuff.

BroChris

Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:48 pm   Reply with quote         

volkswes wrote:
darealme - Don't misunderstand us and think we are a unfriendly bunch.....it's just that we get people joining just to try to get freebie work done all the time, and it gets old. If you are into PS you shouldn't let our responses to this thread scare you off. Hang around for a while, and get to know some people, and you'll grow to love this place. Wink You can make so many friends that are willing to go out of their way to help you with stuff.

well put.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Photoshop Request - Reply to topic