Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - THE SOURCE OF THE MATTER - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

annajon

Post Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:59 pm   Reply with quote         

OK - Roger that, BillTVSHOW

dewdew

Post Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:35 pm   Reply with quote         

BLUE said Surprised thats why this place is so good...ya get tomake your own mind up. Surprised

Scion said i had to let him make up my mind Shocked OOOHHH THE LIES.

SORRY guys just had to get in the thread. I get excited when we have two people actually having a intellegent dicussion with out fighting.

NOT that it matters any or in any way contributes to the wonderfullness of this forum post. If a chop gives me that DAAAAAAAMMNNNNN effect, that makes me want to look even closer at the details. The same effect you got when you saw TATA's for the first time. They are really nice from across the room, but get them up close in ya face and BAM that DAAAAAAAMMNNNNN effect takes over. How you achieved it is not important to me.

All source is wonderful. Many here are great at all source, some are beyond great like micose, reggie and a few others that really have more talent in thier little finger than i in my whole body.

Now in life they will more than likely have a major effect on the art world as computer artist, as well as natural artist. Their style and effort are considerations in voting for sure, as they should be.

IF however the chop that catches my eye as the best has been done in 10milliseconds or over the last 3 years. With no filters or with nothing but filters, matters little. After all the finished product is what will be the major factor. Here or the real world, although here you do get more consideration for your effert, than if a company is buying a logo.

So as much as i adore the talent and effort in creating lightning, smoke, fire and so on. If a filter was used or not in the very end is a factor in the final judgement, but the better is better period.

Besides if you used photoshop to open the photo. You used a filter of some sort. Texture, brush flow, or even the save for web is all achieved with a FILTER in loose terms.

ScionShade

Post Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:42 pm   Reply with quote         

wrong

Post Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:14 pm   Reply with quote         

all source comment 2

Post Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:29 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
all source comment 2

one external source used (click link)

Post Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:42 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
Ok I know this has been talked about before, (been here long enough) but I still think it worth talkin about. (Pulls out ACME soapbox)

"ALL SOURCE"

Here is my take on it, if an image is "all source" then that's it source and photoshop work nothing more. I don't understand why people put "all source" other than blahblah, or only external is blahblah rest is "all source".

If some thing is "all source" then that's it, I have great respect for "all source" images. It is a lot harder to complete an image with only photoshop and your skills and imagination, now I'm not saying externals should not be used, that would be silly. Wink

What I'm trying to say is an "all source" image, in my opinion, is a lot more difficult than a simple cut and paste, not a better image mind you, (Man have I had some "all source" disasters) just harder to achieve that final result. A good "all source" image in my opinion has that edge on a good cut and paste.

Ok that's me off da soap box your turn now.

AWESOME GIF BLUE!!!!!BWAHAHAHAHAHAAH:)

ScionShade

Post Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Blurk, I'm ignoring what you said and answering "what you were trying to say".
With so many actual wins over these last few months for nothing more than cutting out an element and pasting it on a graphic that someone else made from another site, ..........wait......maybe the comment by author
should just not be there any more. If you havent noticed, people
that vote without considering what they'll get in return don't post anymore anyway.

blue_lurker

Post Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
I'm ignoring what you said and answering "what you were trying to say".

Yeah I know what you mean Mr Shade and it is an issue, but votes have always been a fickled animal here at PSC. I just wanted to give more respect to the all "source image", cut and paste will always be big here cause it works...and Im talking about cut and paste and Photoshop work good photoshop work, not just a cut and paste. (How a straight cut and paste wins a contest has always bewildered me Confused )

It is up to the voters I guess to take the time out and look at the image for more than a final picture. To keep learning and improving not only our chopping skills but to increase our visual concept of how an image is put together and to see the craft and skill used.

I am constantly amazes buy the methods used here, and have spent some time working out how the effect is acheived...many times asking for tutes or an explination. Thats how we learn.

I guess I just want people to pay more attention to the time and effort that goes into the image as well as the final result, dont just open the top 25 and click vote...look and learn and then open the top 25 and vote Laughing

I kid...I kid....ok

ScionShade

Post Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Well if thats all it is, have ya ever taken an hour and really fidled with the pattern maker? There's tricks to it you can only stumble upon...

Oscar

Post Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Another useless thread unless someone does anything, to be honest, no one is going to do a damn thing

Smile

blue_lurker

Post Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:
Another useless thread unless someone does anything, to be honest, no one is going to do a damn thing

Smile

Not useless, it has opened the option for debate and Im sure most who read this thread will look more before they vote...for a few weeks any way,

Laughing Laughing Laughing

blue_lurker

Post Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:52 pm   Reply with quote         

I just want to make clear once again...this thread was not created to "have a go" at any other chopper as a few people have indicated...I have been meaning to start this conversation for a long time, bad timing on my part to start it when I have anentr running...in my defence I posted that image many many weeks ago and had for gotten all about it.

So to those who believe I am "pissed off", because of my entry not winning or shit like that. Sorry ya wrong. Very Happy

Oscar

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:28 am   Reply with quote         

PSC user 1: F' man, I spend like 10 hours on this chop and all I got was 20 votes.

PSC user 2: F' off, my entry was a 10 min cut and paste with some f'ing awesome background I found on google. All I did was to host the image on photobucket to cover my tracks and type " All Source ", I was top 3.

Very Happy

Well, f' me.

blue_lurker wrote:
I just want to make clear once again...this thread was not created to "have a go" at any other chopper...

How do you want to solve this issue if you can't even point out who? hell, I am guilty at some point of using some sort of external and trying to hide it.

SO?

Don't vote for me then. I vote for your work b/c it's awesome not b/c how long it took or what externals you use.

Very Happy

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:28 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
I just want to make clear once again...this thread was not created to "have a go" at any other chopper as a few people have indicated...I have been meaning to start this conversation for a long time, bad timing on my part to start it when I have anentr running...in my defence I posted that image many many weeks ago and had for gotten all about it.

So to those who believe I am "pissed off", because of my entry not winning or shit like that. Sorry ya wrong. Very Happy

You know, I don't have any entry running right now but I'm pissed off too! Laughing

Looking more closely to details, trying to understand how a chop is done... this is something that we should pay attention to. To make better evaluation on other members entries is part of becoming a better chopper. When you're able to see what's right or wrong or what's easy or not on other entries, you have a better perception of what can be right or wrong with your own chops. It's just part of increasing your skills.
Smile

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:22 am   Reply with quote         

..and that's why I am more interested in WHO votes, rather than, HOW MANY votes.. personally!

If you're not on a Mac, you're wasting your time..

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - THE SOURCE OF THE MATTER - Reply to topic