Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - "Micoseism" - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Cambria

Post Tue May 09, 2006 4:29 pm   Reply with quote         

OMG... 27 pages??? Where is the tutorial on the "faux le Micose"?? (my pretend French).
I'm going to give it a go... I LOVE the enthusiam we all seem to have for this event!
I'm still not sure how I will get the paints off my monitor...(once I take the photo)... but I'll worry about that later!

Chop on!!!!

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue May 09, 2006 4:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
1- look at the pic befor going in something, enough time to maybe get a vision of what will happen.
II- Create layers . Prepare sevarl brushes which one or two made from the original pic for instance.Usefull..

III -classical ps work :
what i did on the 3rd work here : i made this blood-sucker (i mean this sort of creepy thing on the bottom left)by taking a piece of food ,I didn't forget to add a shadow /I reconstruct the plate with a simple symetry with copy/paste.../ I found out a reel main color , this one i always do (do what u are use to for coloring n light, could be cool)

IV about fluidity tool : create a sort of "skeletton", using it with different settings,on different layers . u can use it at first to make suit together different shapes that, before,u CAN chop and move in a previous work (classic ps shopping). You can try very subtil highlights with plastic bag (but fade it a lot with multiply or overlay or burn).Forget about the other artistic " filters they all stink as hell.

V the most important step : CLONING/ERASING/..healing etc...
YOu have your 5 to 10 layers ready, it should be now very messy and ffake looking, so now u will work on the realism of this surrealistic work by erasing, cloning,healing the layers (different settings of transparencies) until the moment where nobody can see the trick even u. Now the work is almost done.
VI make it as clean,sharp,bright as possible . Better her to add a main lightening (which can includes a bit of color following the scene...daylite,nightime, electric lite or sthg. BUT HERE i'm sure it's what every good chopper ((like urselves ) do.

Now BTW OK ?

Dug this out...some Micose tips...hope it helps, Cambria! Smile

Micose

Post Tue May 09, 2006 5:04 pm   Reply with quote         

mmm.;iit's me that said this...well it's a bit too much funky.;;was bit stoned may be I think hahaha . let's try this :
Not sure it helps too....

Quote:

First important thing...to .create several layers in order to give depth to the work and be able to fluidify on several grounds,without disturbing shapes you don't want to.
each layer could be different lightening of a same color for instance....l
2nd : before to work, determinate a mood you want to give, will you change the main colors, generally i like to desaturate a bit the pic to better see shapes,then i re-add colors, playing with the neutral tones (selectiive color), to give an new main tone.

BRUSHWORK : creating brushes from scrtach can be usefull ..;u can blend or erase parts for an exciting "action painting" session.

What is important to is to find out a reel dramatic light...ihere it's obviously a central lightening. Don't hesitate to crop the source... a square space here fits well here. Spending time to adjust lights at each step is good too. Keep an eye on blurs and sharpeness allt he time, and each action done, a high FADING is required to make more subtil changes.
For all liquefying work, much more blending, cloning ,healing etc is required,

It tried to do something with photos, but it will never be finished....it's really tiring....
Micose

Post Tue May 09, 2006 5:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Kansas wrote:
digitalpharaoh wrote:
Although, I will say this about my entry...
Having looked at and studied Micose's style...from his paintings not on PSC to the works he has posted here...I have tried to capture the essence of what Micose actually creates. In my opinion, I think a lot of people are going to do works that are very fluid and maybe will try too hard to mimic that part of his style....but that's just my opinion.

I would have to say that is a very BOLD statement DP... Kind of sounds like you are talking down to the rest of us like we can't get our minds around What Micose does....

hmmmmmmm... Let the challenge begin!!!!

heehehhe hahahahaha huhuhuhuhu..... shut up MIcose...;
bis : i saw works from several people...and several kick really asses DP........
Cambria

Post Tue May 09, 2006 5:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Merci beaucoup, Eve. J'obtiendrai de travailler maintenant !
Wink
(trying to get into my "French/Micose" mood)

Paul Von Stetina

Post Tue May 09, 2006 11:01 pm   Reply with quote         

I'll only be posting one image for the contest, so with my other entry I might use it to post a sign for the non-Adv. members, so they can try the Micose funk, I bet a lot of people are still unaware of what's going on for the 11th. we'll see, Naiko, maybe you can help me with the sign, or maybe you can post it, are you going to enter? or just observe us fools doing what we do best, also as I said before, I'm leaving for Mexico on the 11th, and I don't know if I'll be able to log on down there, so you all may not hear back from me for a week or two, hell I might not come back at all Twisted Evil

Post Wed May 10, 2006 2:43 am   Reply with quote         

All I'm sayin' is...well, hell...what AM I saying?
Shocked

Kansas

Post Wed May 10, 2006 7:59 am   Reply with quote         

Geez.... I guess Paul may be right.... How about if you add an event banner to the news section.. We should have thought of that sooner.. It's not too late.

So Mods could you pretty please give this contest a little blurb...

Thanks so much,

Kathy

Post Wed May 10, 2006 8:38 am   Reply with quote         

Hey Paul, can you bring me back a Tequila bottle... Reserva Del Dueno or Patron... or if you know better? Maybe LaPiz. Here, impossible to find good tequila.

TheShaman

Post Wed May 10, 2006 9:07 am   Reply with quote         

Claf

Porfidio is by far the best tequila ive ever had... very smooth
it was about 10 bucks a shot in Cancun though Shocked
though their shot was a brandy snuffer glass about 1/4 full Laughing
man was a wasted that night

Post Wed May 10, 2006 9:34 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks Sean!
I never went in Mexico since I became tequila addicted. So I only
bought my tequila in the US. Never saw that bottle. Looks like a good one.

Kansas

Post Wed May 10, 2006 9:41 am   Reply with quote         

We are on the front page as Official News.... Paul.. make sure you go comment about your added bonus. I didn't want to speak on it since you have all the details down...

Kathy

Post Wed May 10, 2006 11:51 am   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
Hey Paul, can you bring me back a Tequila bottle... Reserva Del Dueno or Patron... or if you know better? Maybe LaPiz. Here, impossible to find good tequila.

I want one too!!!
Mmmmmm....tequiiiiiiiilaaaaaaa....

Paul Von Stetina

Post Wed May 10, 2006 12:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Kansas, that was great, now it's official, front page news, I left the offer, all this talk of Tequila will make my post even better Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Wink Wink Rolling Eyes Shocked Surprised
I hope I have a safe trip there and back so I can pay up Rolling Eyes

Arrow And who the hell is Lief??? Question

Post Wed May 10, 2006 12:38 pm   Reply with quote         

I beleive micose's secret to his style is to drink heavily before starting. Then use the liquify tool till you pass out. (OH)...don't forget to submit ur entry before passing out...lol Very Happy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - "Micoseism" - Reply to topic